[3.1] Spirit Burst Trickster, MF & low Budget viable SPEEDFARMER

Introduction

This build is not an allrounder. This build is for people with 2 monitors, so that they can farm a good layout map and watch their favourite tv show on the 2nd monitor.
Boss kills are now viable!

As of right now it very much feels like the old Vaal Fireball, without fireball for singletarget.
This ain't the META build. If you want to play META stuffs with Lightpoacher, look for a EK Nova Lightpoacher build.

So far ive played this build up to T8 Maps, since my atlas is not shaped yet (fk that new Atlas), im pretty sure one could scale RF dmg high enough to kill higher bosses aswell. Its just not what this build was made for.

Pros:
+ Very fast
+ Satisfying explosions
+ Good for earlygame farming
+ Fun to minmax
+ Uses alot of the new Mechanics & Uniques from Abyss
+ Cheap to start with

Cons:
- Singletarget is lackluster
- Not very safe for Hardcore if you want to go beyond Aqueduct
- Not easy to scale the damage - we scale ELE dmg only, because we both hit and deal DoT
- Very flaskdependent if you go the full MF style i like to play
- some negative Synergy you might not like

Buildidea & Mechanics

The initial idea was to scale the new Abyssal Unique helmet Lightpoacher.
The best way to scale phys damage nowdays is Elemental conversion. So the first idea was Inquisitor and crit. That way we could ignore ele res & get all that juicy critmulti, but what is the best way to kill mobs? Right, it would be EK Nova. That build exists and is nothing new to test out.
Next idea: Avatar of fire? That sounds amazing! We could scale fire dmg all the way. What does alot of fire damage? Right, Righteous fire. But thats not a hit? So, non-crit it is. So we ended up dropping Inquisitor. What is the best way to sustain RF? MoM helps alot. What has great Mana scaling, good movement scaling & DoT? Trickster! So we ended up with a Trickster, MoM, RF, Lightpoacher build idea. But we also dropped Avatar of Fire, because we couldnt convert 100% of Phys to Fire without going with a Bow, which is too slow for our liking.
So, this build uses RF for the up to 40% more Spelldamage which scales Basedamage of Spiritcharge from Lightpoacher, which is already pretty high, with alot of abyss jewels for %liferegeneration while moving , some new Abyss Uniques such as Inpulsa's Broken Heart & Stormcharger and ofcourse my new favourite Belt: Darkness Enthroned

Gear

Helmet:

Obviously the Build enabling unique. (Currently in ASC: 3c)
Enchants i would recommend:
-RF damage/Aoe (Got 40% dmg for 6c)
-Stone Golem/Lightning Golem effect
-Flammability effect
-shield charge Attackspeed

Chestplate:

This Chest is just amazing in combination with Lightpoacher - and the Sound is similar to HoI shattering..
You dont even need any links in this item! (Costs about 3c in ASC atm)

For higher/Scary maps you can also use some Elder Chestplate with Recover #% Life on Kill which is scaled by our Ascendancy and is instant recovery (did some1 say Vaal Pact is gone?).

Belt

I love this new Belt, if you have good 4mod Abyss jewels, this is better than most rare belts. And synergizes with Lightpoacher. You can also use this from lvl 1!

A good Life Belt would be good aswell - might swap this in later Maps.

For MF Aqueduct i use

Weapon:

For Mapping i use:

for the high ele damage and the APS is not too bad either.

For Aqueduct we dont need damage, we just wanna go as fast as possible:

Gloves:

Here we want to scale RF damage as high as possible, this is done with a pair of Essence of Delirium crafted Glove - best in Slot would be gripped gloves for the Projectile Damage as Base.

We dont use Hrimsorrows because we want to scale RF damage and the only 2 Slots for Essence crafts for RF are Helmets and Gloves - helmet is already Lightpoacher so we need to use this slot for RF.

Aqueduct:

Boots:

These new Unique Boots are simply amazing for this build, it let's us drop Hrimsorrows and still have 100% conversion. On top of that we also get 20% movespeed and up to 50% Lightning res.

Aqueduct:

Shield:

Since Rise of the Phoenix got nerfed to give only 5%, i use Saffels to also get some Spelldamage and also Cold/Lightning Max res.

Alternatively you could use a Leo crafted Shield with Less damage taken from Damage over Time, you would loose some Max res tho.

Rings:

I use Rare rings with High life, some filler Stats like Resists and Dex/Strength.
Also notice the cold damage to attacks on the sapphire Ring, this proccs Elemental Equilibrium

Aqueduct:
I use one Magic ring for The Ascetic. You could also use a white prismatic Ring for the Rarity, i prefer quantity though.

Amulet:

I use a Rare Elder Amulet with some % Life-Regen and for Quality of Life AOE. The Cold damage doesnt matter.

(This Cost me about 10c)

Aqueduct:
The Ascetic

Flasks:

One Life-flask, i would actually use an instant flask, just too lazy to change right now.

With the Vinktars we can convert the remaining 20% of Phys to Elemental Damage and we can shock nearby enemies for Inpulsas. (Currently 7c in ASC)

Ruby Flask for RF obviously. Best in Slot is a Dying Sun, because it would add more Projectiles to Spirit Charge and more AOE for RF.

Quicksilver flask for Movementspeed, Alchemists as Prefix would be better.

Divination Distillate is very nice in this Build, because your Mana is empty 100% of the time, the Quantity bonus applies 100% of the time. Also 4 Max res is nice to sustain RF.
You could drop this for a Silver/Granite/Bazalt flask if you dont care about dem Moneyyzzz.

(Abyss) Jewels:

Mods we want:
- +# Maximum Life (i usually search for 30+ Life) - highest Priority
- % of Life regenerated per second while Moving
- % Damage if you have killed recently
- % Movementspeed if you have killed recently
- % Damage over Time while holding a Shield
- Any kind of flat damage and flat damage while holding a Shield - lowest Priority

You also want one Jewel with % Chance to gain Onslaught on kill for 4 seconds.
These are the ones im Using at the moment:

In the Templar & Shadow Area we can use some Inspired Learnings for even more speed - but be careful, if you get some Discipline Auras RF will hurt. You might want to use a Burning removal flask.

Skilltree:

115 Points

PoB link, lvl 80

Gem Setup:

RF Setup:
Delirium Gloves 4l R - B - B - B

These are the only support gems, other than conc effect/Inc. AoE, that work with RF.
(you could use Arcane surge to use Less duration/Swift affliction etc., that is not worth the extra link thought)

Curse Setup 4/5l B - B - R - G (-B)

Curse on Hit & cyclone proccs Elemental Equilibrium when you have a cold damage to attacks ring.
Fortify for bosses, you could also use Weapon elemental damage support for some more damage..
For the 5th link i like to use Increased critical strikes support, to procc Elemental Overload vs Bosses. I might try Life gain on hit, to sustain RF better vs bosses.
If you dont have a Ring with cold damage to Attacks, you can also use Added Cold Damage.

Movement Setup Boots 4l R - R - G -G

Culling Strike with quality adds another 10% Attackspeed - and is nice for bossfights!
You can use whatever you feel like using tbh, i wanna try flickerstrike cospris for Lightpoacher later this league, might add a section for that.

Lightpoacher Setup 3l B - B - G

You can use Volley and LMP aswell, if your damage is high enough - early on this setup seems to work the best to level the Gems. I also wanna try Fork or Chain later.

Aura Setup 3l B - B - R

For Mapping i use 2 Purities and Enlighten lvl 2+, for Aqueduct i only use Purity of Fire and add Haste to the Mix for even faster clearspeed - and Bloodrage if i feel crazy.

Best of the Rest 3l R - R - G

Stone Golem for some extra Regen and Phys dmg reduction - kinda annoying to cast, because we reserve 98% of our mana, but its worth the pain.
Vaal haste for some Extra speeeeed.

Last Purity 1l G

Questions, Suggestions etc.

If you have any Questions, Suggestions or critique for me, just write a comment, message me ingame (ThelmonFiresHisMind is my current Character) or come over to my Twitch, i might be streaming for a friend or two.

Changelog

1.0 finished this Guide
1.1 Updated Introduction & added Cyclone Setup. You can now kill Bosses! Also updated PoB
Last edited by Thelm0n on Dec 23, 2017, 5:06:04 AM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2018, 2:55:11 PM
- Reserved -

pretty sure this will be empty for a long, long time
PoB saved...interesting build..looking forward for more updates.
Hey man outta curiosity, why do you cap certain gems at certain levels and not max them out should your stats allow you to?

Also, for Inpulsa, do all 6 sockets really not be link? How do the support gems work if that's the case?

Thanks in advance!!
this build has some space for improvements:

cyclone as a 5-link is useless. whirling slows ur movement down, inc crit strikes not necessary (u will have ~ 4 attacks /sec with shield charge! = u will crit and trigger elemental overload).

culling strike could be a corruption mod. brightbeaks are cheap, so all u need is some few vaal orbs. i would also use fidelita's instead.

u r spending 5 passives on overcharge + faith & steel
3 passives on instability + spelldmg / power charge
2 passives on infused.

u will gain: 15 % inc damage over time while pc's are up. (no bossfights...)
8 all res.
15 % inc es
27 % inc spell damage while all pc'S are up (which doesn't boost ur rf-dmg)

use them on shaper (below elemental equilibrium) and the jewel slot down- right
and go for the life wheel. more life = also more rf- damage.

ur chest is up to several options recommended in that order:
1st: ur are lazy. so use an animated guardian with 2x dyadus and icetomb. (enemies hit by the guardian will receive 200% increased burning damage while being chilled. and icetomb= chill-duration). possible support gems: minion life + curse on hit / ele weakness. think about jewels that also give some defensive capabilities for minions.2 link slot: scorching ray + spell totem.
think about balefire for a weapon switch with proper adjustments. (in that case, use portal + fc as a 2-link. also fun: vaal breach for spamming spirit bursts on the boss)

2nd: scorching ray. benefit: weapon switch to doryani possible for a greater rf-dmg.

3rd: vortex. careful with dropping vortex first and luring the boss over the area with damage over time. even more complex while using frostbolt for 40% more damage. (or screw ee). u will need a 6-link.

i would also recommend u a different aura- setup. wrath + watcher's eye (phys -> lightning conversion) or hatred (phys-cold conversion). hatred is better, but will be more expensive.
use grace + essence worm, purity of fire and a lightpoacher enchanted with red. mana cost (wrath/hatred or purity of fire. both will to the job). u will end up with more spirit burst dmg, as well as 10 000 evasion, which could be further improved by a proper flask. enlighten lvl 3 necessary (~ 15c)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info