[3.5] Asymat's "Purenado Shot" | HC (party friendly) | Progressive budget

Hi,

I don't understand, how are you running hatred (50% mana reserved) and herald of ice (56% mana reserved when linked with Critical Strike + Area of effect + Cold penetration ?

Thanks.

I must be missing something here, anyone able to point out my mistake?

The single target dmg is incredibly low. Like 3 fulls minutes to kill a T4 map boss. Not sure what im doing wrong?

edit: characters name is Infra_
Last edited by Datura33 on Apr 21, 2018, 7:52:31 PM
"
Datura33 wrote:

The single target dmg is incredibly low. Like 3 fulls minutes to kill a T4 map boss. Not sure what im doing wrong?

No enchant.
No drillneck corrupted.
Play Added Cold until you get some good abyss jewels.
Ofc before going crit with uber lab, damage is medium.

Imo you are very low level. Having difficulties lvl72 for T4 boss with underlevel gems/gear is normal. I'd say just do maps, skip bosses and farm/exp until better gear. I must emphasize abyss jewels are really important.
Purenado Shot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050639
CycloPoet's PenFinder: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123005
"
Datura33 wrote:

Honestly, a big portion of it is your level. When I changed my passive tree to match yours I lost 60k boss DPS. You're still missing out on a lot of passives that give you extra damage. I know INT (and STR if you get a Kaom's) requirements and keeping up on resists can be hard, but once you get to a higher level and can start getting the Shadow passives, it starts making that bridge easier to cross. Once you get to a higher level your stat requirements on gear start go go down, letting you focus on getting more damage heavy jewellery. It's not uncommon to have a ring or amulet that gives +15k DPS vs bosses at those levels.

On top of that, getting that +1 arrow quiver and your +2 helm enchant really help with single target damage(as well as pack clearing.) Your missing 6 link surely isn't helping either, unfortunately.

So how can you improve?
Well, first off, I'd look into getting a +1 Drillneck. Drillneck is really cheap and you should be able to get the corruption without spending too much.

Next up, if you don't already have one, get another Lioneye's Glare that is better rolled and start trying to 6 link it. If you want, you can get a Tabula and use that until you link your bow, then replace tabula with Kaom's. This works out well as you don't rely on the resists your body armour currently gives you, and you get bonus life as an additional reward for linking your bow.

What's gonna suck is getting your helm enchant. This here is probably going to be the hardest thing to get because the league is half way over. What was once a 3ex helm at league start is now 7-10ex, but it's definitely money well spent. If you enjoy doing lab, or have another character suited for doing it, start running. If you're not a fan of running the lab, try and get just a white base with the helm enchant and craft your own. Spending 100c on chaos or Essence spamming is a lot cheaper than the cost to get a well rolled rare helm.

You should also look into getting your uber lab done some time soon. Starting to throw points into the shadow area will bump your damage pretty high too considering the first 6 points are all damage.

One thing I do want to say based on my own experience is that you will constantly be changing gear. You are going to need stat requirements once you start getting level 20 gems and if you get a Kaom's that are much easier to meet at higher levels. So if you're still using similar gear to what you are using now when you get those items you're going to need gear with STR and INT on it. Once you reach higher levels(88+) those stat requirements on gear go down because you pick more up on your tree. Again, this was just my own personal dilemma and you might not have any issues with it at all.

So just to wrap up, your damage is low because you are still low level and have many skill points to allocate and you lack a +1 arrow quiver, your 6 link, and your helm enchant. Fixing those in that order is what I would recommend, but others might sway you in a different direction. The rest of your gear will go up over time.
Thanks @7m1a0x and Asymat!! Great guide.
Hello, thank you very much for your build :) I'm having great fun at the moment. Starting Red maps.
Can i ask you if you can check my character and see if it's on the right path and if i can improve it?

Thanks again and keep it up
Hello Asymat, been playing your build as my second and end game character this league and I've been having a blast ever since. Thank you for the awesome build that keeps me wanting to play every day! Could you please tell me if Dying Sun works with the build. I've been using it for mapping and elder since it makes portal phase even easier but I see no info on it in your tread. Additionally could you take a look at my character (IGN: Aryzame) and tell me if there is anything more I can improve on it please? Keep up the good work, if everything stays the same I might be using this build for end game in the next league aswell !
"
Hello, thank you very much for your build :) I'm having great fun at the moment. Starting Red maps.
Can i ask you if you can check my character and see if it's on the right path and if i can improve it?

Thanks again and keep it up

See answer bellow. Xellero has some nice gear!

"
Xellero wrote:
Hello Asymat, been playing your build as my second and end game character this league and I've been having a blast ever since. Thank you for the awesome build that keeps me wanting to play every day! Could you please tell me if Dying Sun works with the build. I've been using it for mapping and elder since it makes portal phase even easier but I see no info on it in your tread. Additionally could you take a look at my character (IGN: Aryzame) and tell me if there is anything more I can improve on it please? Keep up the good work, if everything stays the same I might be using this build for end game in the next league aswell !

Gear is pretty much maxed-out (lack some life but SC so whatev). About gems, you do not need powercharge on crit on frenzy (see Ascendant Assassin) so I would recommend culling strike, gmp and/or faster attacks. Btw GMP 21/20 is the best support to chase (1.2% damage).

Also not taking eva/life nodes at starting ranger seems uber weak. You are trading maybe 1% more damage vs 12% inc max life (maybe 4% more life) and some evasion.

Also, for the very end, double might of the meek on the scion wheel and remove arcane chemistry (less usefull if maxxed-out damage but still :() and take the 2 first points of movement speed (6% each). I've updated guide (new pob) for the very late min-maxed version.

I'll add in build Dying Sun. Yes it obviously works but not having shock immunity is a big no-no in HC.
Last edited by Asymat on Apr 25, 2018, 7:45:46 AM
"
Asymat wrote:
Gear is pretty much maxed-out (lack some life but SC so whatev). About gems, you do not need powercharge on crit on frenzy (see Ascendant Assassin) so I would recommend culling strike, gmp and/or faster attacks. Btw GMP 21/20 is the best support to chase (1.2% damage).

Also not taking eva/life nodes at starting ranger seems uber weak. You are trading maybe 1% more damage vs 12% inc max life (maybe 4% more life) and some evasion.

Also, for the very end, double might of the meek on the scion wheel and remove arcane chemistry (less usefull if maxxed-out damage but still :() and take the 2 first points of movement speed (6% each). I've updated guide (new pob) for the very late min-maxed version.

I'll add in build Dying Sun. Yes it obviously works but not having shock immunity is a big no-no in HC.

Hello again Asymat, thanks for the response on the build. With your feedback I was able to hit 7k life and squeeze out a little more damage out of it! Thank you again for this awesome build and keep up the good work!

*Edit: Another thing I saw in PoB is that you use a Searching Eye Jewel in your Tombfists. Wouldn't a Murderous be better for damage since Intimidate ?
Last edited by Xellero on Apr 25, 2018, 8:29:36 AM
"
Xellero wrote:
*Edit: Another thing I saw in PoB is that you use a Searching Eye Jewel in your Tombfists. Wouldn't a Murderous be better for damage since Intimidate ?

Yeah you obviously need a Murderous jewel but I was too lazy to make one in PoB. I'll do it now. Thanks for keeping me busy. ;)

Glad you like it. At some points I'll regroup all testimonials too. Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info