[3.1] Mad Bomber ~ Molten Strike Slayer. 400k+ shaper DPS.

Disclaimer/Build~Theory

~~Slightly changed with new gear, no longer running Haste as I switched to blood magic for more life. Still essentially the same~~

I ended up getting a very nice Elder 2hd axe with onslaught as a pseudo 7th link. Decided to roll a Slayer Molten Strike Build.

Core Idea was to scale my attack speed, molten strike balls, and use Theifs Torment to abuse the LGOH and MGOH of it.

Some quick math.

Currently in POB I top out at 13.19 APS

With Ancestral Call I get 30 Balls Per second (36 with Dying Sun) Which gives me up to 474 Balls per second (granted you wont get all of these hitting one target but still the dps number should be huge)

I currently have around 60k Shaper dps per ball, and 20k per molten ball, say you get 80 of those balls hitting per second on a single target (conservative estimate), this gives a potential of 1.6m dps on a single target, and still getting your high LGOH and leech. (these numbers are slightly outdated as I got better gear now)

This build is very tanky, currently at 84 I have 6.4k ish life and I pretty much instantly get it back through LGOH and Slayer Overleech.

Pros/Cons

Pros:

~Viable to level with from lvl 1 and up Molten Strike Scales well into end game. Ancestral Call helps its clear speed tremoundously

~ Slayer Leech, lvl 90 I have 3.6k Leech per second that never end.

~ with Thief's torment or LGOH slotted, you can basically have instant leech of a full life bar if you are attacking. When you can afford elder Rings with LGOH, it is a better Option.

~ Very High dps, while your tooltip dps wont truly accurate, 1 ball alone wont do much dmg, but since you are putting out so many per second, it quickly scales up.

Cons:

~ Some very expensive recommended gear, and expensive enchantment, but still can be done on a lower budget

~ Don't have high as dps as some other molten strike builds, but its survivability is insanely high due to having both very high leech and very high lgoh.

Gearing

Helmet
: Abyssus If going crit (more dmg, more squishy), Devoto's Devotion I recommend over Abyssus, while you will suffer a little on dps, you'll get more APS

Otherwise best rare/unique helm you can afford with Molten Strike projectile enchant.

Armor
: Kaom's Heart

Not much to add here, it gives you a lot of life . Problem is it is very expensive.

If you can't afford, a Belly of the Beast is a good substitute.

Weapons
: Terminus Est, Kitava's Feast/Atziri's disfavor, or best rare/unique you can afford. I'm currently using a very high end Elder Axe with rrrrrg.

Terminus gives you the option of going crit instead of RT. Easy Frenzy Charges (instead of Blood Rage)

Feast/Disfavor will probably be the easiest high end dps weapons to find. (easy dont mean cheap)

This is my pride and joy, I've only seen 1 or 2 rare axes on poe.trade that seem to be slightly better in dps.

Links (Mapping)

Molten Strike > Ancestral Call > Multistrike > Elemental Damage with attacks > Added Fire Damage > Faster attacks

Links (Bosses)

I currently use the same supports on both as I don't see any real issue with bosses as it stands.

Gloves,Boots,Rings,Belt

Gloves:
Best Gloves you can afford with Elemental Weakness on hit. Some options of Meginords Vise or Verusu's Battering Ram.

My Current Gloves:

Boots:

Best Rare Boots you can get with Move Speed, life and resistance, good lab enchants are fire damage, attack speed and leech.

Belt:

Stygian Vise with life, resistance, elemental damage if you can afford. Look for Physical damage and fire damage on an eye jewel.

Rings:

Thiefs Torment is awesome and very cheap, when you can afford it look at Elder rings with high LGOH, Life, and melee/fire/projectile damages, and any resistance you need. May need to mix it up.

Amulet

Xoph's Blood is BIS, some cheaper options are Warped Time piece or Eye of Innocence. Or just pick up the best rare you can afford with resistance and fire damage.

Jewels

Outside of Wildfire, not using any in my tree currently, could be a good option for stacking attack speed, flat or % damage.

POB/POE

Lvl 90 Build with mostly end game gear.

https://pastebin.com/4AGnYTZA

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBS0HdQ2NDjwTTBQgFHEUdRXsF-EYkRo-HOchVSPTJbwm-CefKjguUzGeMgk1kjpSQKBDMUd-Sn1M_03jTipOMlBHUdpXVFuvXhNfP2EhZFJlTWWnZ6BqHmxGbpdvJ287cmx07Xasd-N4DXloeu97dHzZggeE2YTvhaeGtIdqh3aKs4rwkAqQbJOolSSaap7NpMKmV6knqW6plK2NrlCwq7KAtfK5HbyfvTa-p8AawKbBBMSCz37SIdNv2L3ZfNrB20_cPd0N37_gw-RR6hjvDu9O8i_yQfKc9zL46_xL_o8=?accountName=gryphon79&characterName=MR_Molten

Varients

Raider will have a bit higher damage and much higher APS at the cost of some survivability

ToDO

~Flasks
~Post some Videos
~Get to end game (currently only lvl 76)
~Q/A
~Clean up post
~ update POB with new gear

Videos

Tier 1 map proof of concept (can do much higher difficulty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8txelC11k34

Unid Rare Toxic Sewers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nemONj4UrgA&feature=youtu.be

Tier 6 Abyssal Depths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASnwlgAlu74&feature=youtu.be

Changes

December 29:
Changed recommended Boss support gems.
Added Poe Website
Linked Items.
Changed Theif's Torment to LGOH Elder rings.
Added Poe Website skill tree

Progress

Currently lvl 84, not having any issues with up to tier 10 rare maps (havent tried higher), able to tank everything I've tried except elemental reflect.

Still need to update my potions.

Last edited by gryphon79 on Dec 29, 2017, 10:18:09 PM
Last bumped on Jan 29, 2018, 6:59:25 PM
hi,sorry for my english not my first language lol.

im currently testing your build it works great for the moment (level 58)

i would like to have more details about the slayer nodes you took,the bandit quest,is Ngamahu's Flame a good weapon for this build?

i would also like to know what utility gem/curse you are using.

ty
Hello, im on holidays until jan so wont be in game.

First nodes I took on slayer were endless hunger and brutal fervor. While these are not really needed it does end up giving you a lot of survivability.

For the last two id recommend bane of legends and headsman.

Im currently am using elemental weakness on hit through a corrupted gloves.i need to flesh out my utility gems.

Nga is a great weapon for this build. Should be viable for all content.
"
I find you can run fine with AC still slotted, but if the boss you are fighting don't have other mobs, you can swap out AC for Brutality.

Brutality instead of Ancestral Call?

Supported Skills deal (40-59)% more Physical Damage
Supported Skills deal no Elemental Damage
Supported Skills deal no Chaos Damage

wut?
IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Updated with current gear, some more explanations, current progress.
Last edited by gryphon79 on Dec 29, 2017, 11:22:47 PM
"
Yoman wrote:
"
I find you can run fine with AC still slotted, but if the boss you are fighting don't have other mobs, you can swap out AC for Brutality.

Brutality instead of Ancestral Call?

Supported Skills deal (40-59)% more Physical Damage
Supported Skills deal no Elemental Damage
Supported Skills deal no Chaos Damage

wut?

Yeah, some people don't understand, that Brutality is hurting this build because it negates all elemental damage. AC is best in slot right now for Molten Strike. But some people may want to fill in:

"Damage at full life support"
-Supported Attack Skills deal (30-49)% more Damage while on Full Life
Per 1% Quality:
Supported Skills deal 0.5% increased Damage

I am hardly losing life outside of extreme mods, so this could be an option. Facetanking everything ... Slayer leech + life gained on hit is just bonkers ;)
You thought about testing it with an Oni-Goroshi? It actually proves to be pretty nice!
Oni looks nice, I can definitly see it as a budget option for a lot of builds.
"
gryphon79 wrote:

I completely disagree here. Oni is stronger than HOWA in prime time and requires fraction of investment.

760dps sword for 50c... (assuming lv 92) with 9%+ crit and decent attack speed. Not even counting other buffs.

Its already an endgame weapon that can be beaten only by mirrorable swords in some builds.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
gryphon79 wrote:

I completely disagree here. Oni is stronger than HOWA in prime time and requires fraction of investment.

760dps sword for 50c... (assuming lv 92) with 9%+ crit and decent attack speed. Not even counting other buffs.

Its already an endgame weapon that can be beaten only by mirrorable swords in some builds.

You completely disagree, and then you agree? Make up your mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info