[3.2] Slayer Reave - Extremely Fast Map Clear - Insane with new Shaper / Elder Items.

Someone can tell me if the off hand can't be a sword? cause i thinking to buy one of them
"
Schimico wrote:
Someone can tell me if the off hand can't be a sword? cause i thinking to buy one of them

It cannot be a sword. You need something that doesn't work with reave, so an axe or ideally a scepter.

Use a death's hand if you can't afford a good elder item. Lots of dps for very cheap.
Hello all,

I play a similar version to this build on standard, except I use a dagger instead of a sword. As such, I skip the marauder area and instead go into the shadow area and get the relevant nodes there.

I also take acrobatics and phase acrobatics.

If you're having trouble with the build, I recommend these three changes for defense:

1) Change to acrobatics and evasion. If you can fit in phase acro too, great. I use a rat's nest, rare evasion chest, and evasion boots to get that base evasion.

2) Ditch either the diamond flask or atziri flask for a jade flask of reflexes. I have 61% evasion with the flask, plus 40% dodge from acro.

3) One of your three links should be vaal grace - vaal haste - increased duration. Pop them prior to boss fights, breaches, abysses, etc. It's an enormous buff; evasion + dodge + vaal grace makes you nearly invincible. Make sure you're keeping fortify up for these fights as well. You can even drop the haste for a second vaal grace, giving you around 20 seconds of vaal grace up time.

The build is still extremely strong imo.
Last edited by pokerfink on Mar 14, 2018, 10:05:42 PM
Hey Norse, been playing this build as my money sink character this league and am now sitting on around 8 exalted trying to figure out my next move gearwise. Not sure how to link my character, but here is my pastebin from PoB: https://pastebin.com/rXgxhUN2
My current ideas are:

1. 6 linked belly and retool jewellery to fit resistances.
2. Sinking it all into a phys foil to get my base crit up, but it seems very expensive for what PoB seems to think is at most a 10% dps increase.

Cheers

EDIT: Did a small rejig of my amulet and respecced into another jewel slot. Updated the pastebin link.
Last edited by forsmark90 on Mar 15, 2018, 10:39:24 PM
I assume Alira far outweighs the benefits of two extra skillpoints?
what budget will i need if i start this build? this league havent been so lucky with
currency so far so im a bit limited at the moment got around 5ex only in my stash...
"
"
I tried slayer reave and didn't feel like it worked for me as a starter char.

around the time to hit t5-7 alched maps, the build felt like it's in an ackward spot with medium range and low survivalbilty for maps esp vs 2 modded beasts or map bosses. I feel melee chars incentives playstyle of jumping into a pack of mobs but the ascendancy offers not enough defenses on it's own to make that style viable esp for a league starter. The passives are very one dimensional and you're stuck finding ways to get more life. The char felt in many ways like a worst ranged char to me for a long time where i don't have the survivalbility of melee or the ability to offscreen/kite easily as a ranged character.

I switched to gladiator and since then has been able to progress further in maps. Right now I really enjoy the flexible gladiator ascendancy and how smooth the experience is. Maybe later on i will revisit this build with better gear.

Almost all Reave players this league are either playing Jugg or Champ.
I prefer Champion, MORE damage than Slayer and a ton of survivability. Slayer is sadly not that good anymore with other ascendencies getting insane buffs and Slayer losing his stun immunity.

What nodes to pick with Champion?
Hey, Just wondering, instead of The assasins mark Curse on hit, does "Oskarm Nubuck Gloves" work? They have good Crit, accuracy, + You get some free space for maybe a val gem or something?
Is slayer better than champion for this build in 3.2?

Love your build guides, ty for all the work!
anyone played/playing this build in beastiary/flashback?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info