[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

Guys 15k is normaly dps??

https://pastebin.com/piM7E3gP my build , pls help me
Hello people,

I too really enjoy this build. I recently invested into Atziri’s Acuitiy and the +1 enchant as my plan is to try and get my first ever Shaper kill with this build.

I crafted myself a nice pair of two-toned CD recovery speed boots and bought an amulet with fire pen and charges generation (especially for endurance charges), trying to become a bit more tanky. Pretty much all maps and map bosses are easy up to t15, I only avoid ele reflect, temp chains and no regen cus it’s annoying. I’ve killed elder’s guardians but struggle with red elder. I haven’t really been trying any hard boss fights after I got the Acuities though.

I feel like it’s almost mandatory to have some kind of movement skill when fighting the big bosses (e.g vs Elder with his slow/slam) for positioning and trying different things, right now doing flame dash with faster casting and arcane surge for the dps boost. It feels okish, might try Warp too if that’s smoother.

I’ve been trying out a few different setups to try and make myself as tanky as possible. Currently I have 7.5k+ hp, armor on most of my gear and I run Arctic armor and have molten shell in my Cwdt setup. Is there a better route maybe? Is evasion better (try grace instead of arctic armor perhaps?) than armor unless you invest into the tree or is it pretty much the same? Could dropping Arctic armor and speccing into MoM be good? Or should I be fine now and just practice mechanics? I tried Hydra a few days ago (before acuities) but had a really hard time and did not manage to kill her. Was a map with bad mods however so it might be easier next time I try.

Any feedback? Anything I need to upgrade/change before shaper and guardians are doable? I currently dont have much penetration on my jewels, is that better than flat dmg which I have now? Any skill gems changes preferable for bigger boss fights?

I’m currently on my phone so I don’t know how to link my gear but I’ll update soon.

Gear:
Spoiler

I've opted for more dps in the tree, maybe respec a little more into life?
Last edited by tAUG on Jan 25, 2018, 7:55:50 AM
I personally prefer a Belly of the Beast over Kaom's Heart.
I have both, but mostly use the Belly, except for some bosses.

My damage sunk a bit lately as I've upgraded my gems to 20% quality and didn't relevel them fully.
Stats with Belly:
6009 Life
15737 Tooltip-Damage (was about 25k before I "upgraded" my gems)
Movement with Lightning Warp (4-linked)

With Kaom's
6895 Life
16840 Tooltip-Damage

The reason for the Belly is the faster clear speed in maps, as I can just skip any gaps.
The survivability is about the same and the damage doesn't differ so much.
In addition I can level additional gems in unused slots.

Thanks for the build so far. I'm a very casual gamer and I never felt it that easy to clear Tier 15 maps.
Last edited by Thalon on Jan 25, 2018, 12:35:39 PM
i also want to know u recommended
Unearth - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Power Charge on Critical Strike

but u using
Unearth - Greater Multiple Projectiles - lesser Multiple Projectiles

what will be our end gear setup...pls advise
Can i run this without atziri gloves and oskarms ?
"
Xcore666 wrote:
Can i run this without atziri gloves and oskarms ?
Yes, I've neither of those and no Watcher's Eye or Enchants so far and can do Tier 15 quite fine.
Without those I struggle a lot with the lava lake map boss, but in general I'm doing quite fine.
I've reached level 90 today with this build.
"
deadbody2 wrote:
i also want to know u recommended
Unearth - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Power Charge on Critical Strike

but u using
Unearth - Greater Multiple Projectiles - lesser Multiple Projectiles

what will be our end gear setup...pls advise

When the volatile dead enchant gave us +3 balls we needed both GMP and LMP to get 6 corpses. But now the enchant is only +1 so GMP will always be enough.

End gear setup would be Unearth - GMP - PCoC.
For faster clearing (and some “wtf is happening-moments”) you can also swap out PCoC for Body Swap.
Is PoB showing realistic dps?

Trash clearing dps is awesome but boss killing feels slow with this build. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Gear:

"
Sparkl wrote:
Is PoB showing realistic dps?

Trash clearing dps is awesome but boss killing feels slow with this build. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Gear:

Assuming you have exactly 4 APS, your DPS equation should be:

Average HIT Damage x Number of Balls x APS

So...

Average Hit x 4 x 4 = Your Volatile Dead DPS
btw, i'm now selling all of that chars gear, it kinda disappointed me
if anyone interested - hit me ingame
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info