QUESTION/HELP: [3.1] Ranger - Raider Passive Skill tree (3 options I like based on my build paths)

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right at all since this whole index is full of builds and not questions, but this is a ranger discussion thread... so... sorry and move this if it's wrong.

The below 3 passive trees are what I'm thinking about. I started the game with going projectile, but now I'm realizing from the Path of Building program that the options below the projectile opening are far better DPS, but they are later on and will make my bow damage definitively trash, though I was mostly just going bow second set because of RP reasons, so not a huge deal (though I really love rain of arrows as a skill for strong clear against strong foes before I can find good claws in the early game).

The main question is: how hard are you screwed in the mid to late game if you pigeon hole your build into cold damage? The 3rd option is a huge increase in DPS (like 30% total over the 2nd option), but it's going to be really weak compared to the 2nd option against elementally strong or cold strong/immune (if immunity exists?) foes. Which option is the better idea?

PROJECTILE OPENING

EVADE OPENING with DUAL WIELD and ATK SPD swap

EVADE OPENING with COLD DAMAGE swap
Last edited by RaifTwelveKill on Dec 14, 2017, 4:05:57 AM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 5:04:33 PM
First, don't even bother planning a level 100 build. It's aspirational at best, and delusional in general. Your basic build needs to be working at around level 70-75 or you won't be able to play the content that will get you beyond that.

In terms of your other question? Single element scaling is fine, and generally better than split, because you can more effectively leverage -resist and (especially) penetration. But if you intend to take the option to fully convert to cold damage, you need to understand the conversion mechanics. You can probably find a good explanation in some frost blades or ice shot guides around here, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to stick fairly closely to the FB guide if that's what you intend to play.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what basic build you're trying to play. Is it a melee phys scaled frost blades conversion build? A bow bow build? Both (this is a terrible idea, BTW)? What are you trying to accomplish with these trees?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info