[3.1][SC] Poet Pulser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmBkELL8wQ8

What it do:
Spoiler

Dual wields The Poet's Pen for awesome clear. I run Freezing Pulse in one, and Arc in the other. Damaging scaling comes mostly from Grand Spectrum Viridian jewels and crit.

Pros:
-Good clear speed
-Comfortable pack clear (Arc cleans up what FP doesn't one shot)
-Shatters the screen
-Can run almost all map mobs (Ele Reflect/cannot leech are no go's)
-Able to level as the build at lv 12
-Even if you don't start as Poet Pusler, you can still self-cast Freezing Pulse until the transition

Cons:
-Expensive AF
-Bossing kinda weak (Currently experimenting with a weapon swap)

Skill Tree/Bandits:
Spoiler

Bandits: Kill them all ;3

11 Points(Use Double Frozen Trails in those Jewel Sockets)
26 Points(Only do this if you have 3 Grand Spectrums)
45 Points(Respect Scion regen jewel socket for witch's if you want)

The points between here and the final tree are super flexible. I recommend saving Vaal Pact until you absolutely need the leech (plus, you need Uber lab to get VP anyways, so it'll be rough rushing that early).

112 Points

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/QW27kxax

If you can't afford The Poet's Pen(s), simply self-cast Freezing Pulse. Don't get the jewel sockets through scion regen or the three strength jewel socket below Berserking. However, picking up the res's below Scion for leveling ain't bad. Path through spell damage instead of attack speed coming out of Scion and you'll be good.

Skill Gem Setup:
Spoiler

Freezing Pulse - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia (Poet 1)

Arc - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia (Poet 2)

Cast When Damage Taken(1) - Warlord's Mark(5) - Immortal Call(3) - (Anything you want)

Herald of Ice - Inc AoE - Inc Crit Strikes - Grace

Frenzy - Faster Attacks - Reduced Mana(Anything you want if you don't use Voidbringers) - Frost Bomb

Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit: Separate Link: Flame Dash(8) - Arcane Surge(1)

Since most evasion boots will be annoying to roll 4 blue, prioritize Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit. It'll be better damage during bosses compared to the low arcane surge buff from the Flame Dash.

Ascendancy and Pantheons:
Spoiler

Ascendancy:
-Assassin
-Pathfinder
-Path of the Ranger then head toward Vaal Pact

Pantheon:
-Major: Brine King (makes you immune to stuns if you've been stunned recently)
-Minor: Gruthkul (Helps vs physical damage. Vesseled, it offers a nice debuff to things smacking you)

Gear:
Spoiler

The Voidbringers are absolute overkill. You don't need them. Any Ele Weakness on Hit gloves are good, but also not required. Simply Frost Bombing enemies will suffice for most pen (if you have your Wise Oak balanced for both Cold and Lightning). Helm Enchant isn't necessary either.

Priorities are dual Poets, then fixing your res's for double Wise Oak penetration; you don't NEED to do this, but it is nice. With Alchemist, we get quite a bit of pen with this setup. Getting Queen of the Forest setup helps as well, even if you can't quite make the 100% increased move speed cap right off the bat.

Elreon jewelry is super nice. They allow us to attack with Frenzy with ZERO mana cost, meaning we can do no regen maps and never have to worry about mana. I use Voidbringers so my mana cost is slightly higher than most setups. Two Elreon pieces will suffice for non-Voidbringer setups without the reduced mana gem.

Flasks:
Spoiler

I want to make room for an Adrenaline flask, but I'm unwilling to drop my Warding. I value the temp chains removal and silence protection from hexfont monsters too much.

Jewels:
Spoiler

The % Evasion while moving flasks do stack, but I capped my Evasion for Queen of the Forest quite easily with just one. I haven't made room for the Watcher's Eye granting movement speed while Grace is active, but it'll be substantial. Since Queen of the Forest can only grant us 100% movement speed, we have to find other means of pushing it.

Sidenote: Flat to spell Abyss jewels are absolute ass for the build. I punched in a 60 flat to spell abyss jewel in Path of Building and ended up with a whopping 0.8% damage increase.

Videos:
Spoiler

I'll publish more of these with time. Keep in mind that this is simply a placeholder, and I didn't have Queen of the Forest at the time:

Shaped Channel

Closing Notes:
Spoiler

So, if you've got the dough for the wands, you're golden. Leveling experience is nothing short of euphoric; if you don't, no need to stress. Mapping with Freezing Pulse self-cast has been viable for awhile now and with the Ascendant Assassin node, you can build crit quite early/easily. Transitioning into Poet's later is easy ;3.

The clear feels amazing. Arc picks up so many targets Freezing Pulse tends to miss, such as that one monster that's always behind you; it looks cool and flashy to boot! So far I've barely started to min-max the build and it already preforms well. Bossing is give or take (mostly, you're taking it from the boss), but I think that'll come with gem levels and character levels (maximum HP per level will help immensely).

Something I've noticed is you CAN'T let you attacks per second go higher than 2.6 tool tip. If you attack more than 4 times a second, it ruins the engine. You'll notice this if one of your Poet spells is on your bar. I'll make a video of this soon to demonstrate. Regardless, you'll be able to tell that your stuff isn't going off as much as it was before if you happen to invest too much into attack speed.

If you have any questions about the build, feel free visit my Twitch. I stream every day ;3.

Last edited by WaifuGate on Dec 23, 2017, 7:18:51 PM
Last bumped on Feb 3, 2018, 9:08:42 AM
10/10 thx
Hi, thanks for the build, extremely fun! Have you developed the build further? How about the experiment regarding single target?
"
qqqtus wrote:
Hi, thanks for the build, extremely fun! Have you developed the build further? How about the experiment regarding single target?

I ended up running into problems with Tier 10 bosses/Liches. I relied too much on Ele weakness on-hit gloves, and the Wise Oak for pen. I think if I redid the tree a bit and went for Elemental Equilibrium and dropped Vaal Pact it would be decent. I"ll do some more experimenting with this in the future when I have more regret orbs. For now it's a pretty fun mapper.
Alright, thanks for the info. It's really fun build surely!
I'm currently trying out your build. Its really fun, thanks for this idea!

i also tried the Elemental Equilibrium, doesnt make a different at all. I think you should keep giving points on crit. Please update if you find something to improve the build, i like it.
I'm still under tier 10 btw.

cheers
"
Rogziel wrote:
I'm currently trying out your build. Its really fun, thanks for this idea!

i also tried the Elemental Equilibrium, doesnt make a different at all. I think you should keep giving points on crit. Please update if you find something to improve the build, i like it.
I'm still under tier 10 btw.

cheers

I was curious about EE so I'm glad someone checked it out. I feel like Vaal Pact might've been too much of a stretch. Instead I'd focus more on trying to push damage with crit multi. At the moment I'm trying to push my MF builds and trying my hand at Hardcore again. I'll visit The Poet Pens at some point to try to min-max this because I really did like the Arc/Freezing Pulse Combo. Looked so cool to clear maps with.

Good luck mate ;3
I'm currently doing Poet's Pen with Frost Bolt, and I'm curious why no one uses same skill in both wands? I didn't found any evidence that it doesn't work so why just not use double Freezin Pulse fro example?
"
Shinigami17 wrote:
I'm currently doing Poet's Pen with Frost Bolt, and I'm curious why no one uses same skill in both wands? I didn't found any evidence that it doesn't work so why just not use double Freezin Pulse fro example?

It does not work well. I tried and looked it up but for some reason if you have only the same skill in both pens then it will only cast with one hand. If you add the same skill then a different on in just one of the other pens then it will cast with both hands again. I dont truly understand it but there is some information online that tell why this happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info