[3.1]Corpse Queen | | Lots of deeps and lots of tank [HCA]

Do you like being extremely tanky? Do you like being able to stand in all of the abyss spawns

and not give a crap? Do you like doing alot of damage? If yes this guide may be for you.

Hello everyone, this is a WIP guide that I will keep updated as the character progresses. I'm

currently level 91 in HC Abyss league. This build utilizes the natural tankiness of the necro using bone

offering along with the Spirit Eater passive to deal massive damage. You can use Cremation, Detonate

Dead, or Volatile dead with this build as any of them work well, however I will be going over the pros

and cons of each along with the gem links and gear priorities.

Videos

I will be updating with more videos as I make them.

Tier 7 lich fight with DD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1k6UtnSK8
Tier 10 Cremation showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcvXIfi4jYU&feature=youtu.be

Regardless of which skill you choose the passive tree remains the same.

Leveling

For leveling you can just do the normal freeze pulse fire trap until level 10 and then switch to
unearth and either DD or VD. For leveling just take the spell damage and elemental damage nodes
pathing out of witch and then straight to MoM. After that just path and pick up life and damage as
you feel you need it. Another good thing is to pick up the AoE nodes early on to help with clear
speed.

Gear

Any rare helm with life/res will do. Try to get an ES/EV base for gem colors.

Rathpith is going to be ours BiS as it offers damage, life, and spell block.
If you cannot afford one just use any shield with life/spell damage.

Shroud of the lightless. What can I say other than this is our BiS due to
the power of abyss jewels and the synergy it has with MoM. It also gives us
a 6 link and with our duration nodes we get a psuedo immortall call/phase run
that is up 15-20% of the time.

BiS if you have a Shroud. If not any rare abyss belt with life/res will do.

BiS with shroud and gives 40% increased damage due to our abyss jewels.
The DD effect also helps us keep spirit eater stacks going while mapping.

Any life/res gloves will do. Try to get dexterity on them as well as
this build is very dex heavy.

This is my current weapon, its crap. Currently saving up for a Scourge Claw
which will give a very hefty damage boost. If you can't get one just
use a sceptre with as high fire damage as possible.

Ring stat priorities are Life/Res/Mana regen/Dex. Best base will either
be opal rings or some shaper rings possible. Will update as I upgrade gear.

Amulet priorities are Life/Fire Damage/Stats

Abyss Jewel Priorities

Your going to want 1 of each kind of jewel to utilize the boots 40% increased damage. Your
stat priorities are Added fire damage to spells, Maximum Life, Maximum Mana.

Spirit Eater Mechanics

So the keystone in the necro ascendancy Spirit Eater gives 40% increased damage
if you've consumed a corpse recently and 2% attack and cast speed per corpse consumed recently. This works in a similar fashion to poison as in it stacks constantly. The
faster you consume corpses the more attack and cast speed you will get. The stacks drop
off individually and not all at the same time. I've gotten it to the point were I've
gotten shield charge attack speed down below .20 aps which provides amazing QoL and
a snowball type of clear speed.

Pros/Cons of each skill

Detonate Dead:
Pros Extremely high single target damage and decent AoE. Scales extremely well in
higher tier maps due to mob HP.

Cons High mana cost and a more active playstyle. You also have to be more precise with
desecrate locations and moving bosses.

Volatile Dead:
Pros Decent single target damage and the ability to pre-cast orbs on bosses.
Tracks enemies so your desecrate positioning is not as important and has decent AoE
that can overlap. Has better clear speed then DD but less damage.

Cons Iffy UI, the orbs act similar to SRS and most of the time they do not prioritize
rares and uniques, this makes many boss fights with adds annoying. Also EYE CANCER, like seriously
don't expect people to want to play with you or to see ground effects from monsters well.

Cremation:
Pros Essentially these are molten strike totems. The AoE they shoot out overlaps and deals
a large AoE damage. Long duration makes for a totem style game play that allows you to focus on
boss fight mechanics making it a very safe choice for boss killing. With the amount of AoE it can
also clear fairly fast. Has the least damage of the 3 skills but still very formidable and my skill
of choice for doing hard bosses.

Cons Volcanos seem to have around a .25 second delay so the damage isn't upfront like the
previous 2 skills.

Main Skill Gem Links

Listed in order of importance.

With Shroud of the Lightless:

Detonate Dead - Spell Cascade - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect/Inc Aoe - Controlled Destruction

Volatile Dead - Spell Cascade - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction

Cremation - Elemental Focus - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Concentrated Effect/Inc AoE - Controlled Destruction

Without Shroud of the Lightless:

Detonate Dead - Spell Cascade - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect/Inc AoE - Controlled Destruction

Volatile Dead - Spell Cascade - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect - Fire Penetration - Controlled Destruction

Cremation - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect/Inc AoE - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction

Other Skill Links

If your using DD or VD:

Unearthed - Faster Casting - GMP - Spell Totem

Bone Offering - Faster Casting - Increased Duration

Shield Charge/Whirl - Fortify - Faster Attacks

CWDT - Immortal Call - Tempest Shield

Desecrate - Spell Cascade

Clarity and golem or curse of your choice to self cast in one of the left over sockets.

If your using Cremation:

Unearthed - Faster Casting - GMP

Bone Offering - Faster Casting - Increased Duration

Shield Charge/Whirl - Fortify - Faster Attacks

CWDT - Immortal Call - Tempest Shield

Desecrate - Spell Cascade

Clarity, golem of your choice, and a curse of your choice in the leftover 3 sockets.

I will post with updates and what not as I progress and will try to answer any questions. Have fun guys!

Last edited by shadowflame12 on Dec 16, 2017, 11:07:07 AM
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2023, 3:58:07 PM
hehe xD
You can save a skillpoint if you take the int point bteween purity of flesh wheel and ligh of divinity
Looks fun I'll give it a shot.
What would you recommend for bandits and pantheon?
Maybe I am just being dense, but why necro? Does all those minion nodes help VD, DD, or Cremation?

Sorry for silly question.

Ty :)
Because Spirit Eater and Mistress of Sacrifice basically. Although Spirit Eater states "consumed a corpse recently" it does work with the new Corpse skills as well as the Offerings.

Mistress of Sacrifice is always super strong because of its an easy way to get to (or near) block and spell block cap.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.0/AAAABAMDAQN1A-4EBwSzCPQN4hBYES0VJxZvFr8YPBhWGmwc3B2-IvQkqiaVKPoqjSycM4c1kjbYNuk6WDrhPAU8LT1fQYdEq0WdSI5JG0lPTLNN41BCUlNTNVNSVEdVS1WuVcZWSF3yXwRfKmHiZlRqQ2wLbRl8g4IQgpuCx4Nfg8yD24UyhXuHZYw2jLGPGo-mkSuTJ5ctl5WX9Jo7muCbip2unsSf36EvogCmV6a-pwismLEFtz64k7jQvKq86r0nvk--isBm0B_Tj9Wm2CTYvdo637DjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXsg-0873zv6_Af8WzyRfno_go=?accountName=shadowflame12&characterName=VolatileBeeech

Heres a skilltree that makes sense, dont copy OP's skilltree because its awful
"
dustyxx wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.0/AAAABAMDAQN1A-4EBwSzCPQN4hBYES0VJxZvFr8YPBhWGmwc3B2-IvQkqiaVKPoqjSycM4c1kjbYNuk6WDrhPAU8LT1fQYdEq0WdSI5JG0lPTLNN41BCUlNTNVNSVEdVS1WuVcZWSF3yXwRfKmHiZlRqQ2wLbRl8g4IQgpuCx4Nfg8yD24UyhXuHZYw2jLGPGo-mkSuTJ5ctl5WX9Jo7muCbip2unsSf36EvogCmV6a-pwismLEFtz64k7jQvKq86r0nvk--isBm0B_Tj9Wm2CTYvdo637DjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXsg-0873zv6_Af8WzyRfno_go=?accountName=shadowflame12&characterName=VolatileBeeech

Heres a skilltree that makes sense, dont copy OP's skilltree because its awful

Yes, this way you will save two points - it can happen. Wouldnt call the tree awful. However I am running a completely different tree, because I found it to be a bit less life for my liking.
Nah it is a bad tree, i guess the dude died or why isnt he responding
Edit: didnt die but he seriously plays with that tree, lmao
Last edited by dustyxx on Dec 16, 2017, 9:29:35 AM
@dustyxx
"
Nah it is a bad tree, i guess the dude died or why isnt he responding
Edit: didnt die but he seriously plays with that tree, lmao
Not dead and and if you would recommend a different tree I'd check it out. Looking at the one you posted it seems like its the exact same as mine except for the pathing toward shadow as I am going to be picking up written in blood.

@Swanny049
"
Maybe I am just being dense, but why necro? Does all those minion nodes help VD, DD, or Cremation?

Sorry for silly question.

Ty :)
Mistress of Sacrifice makes us extremely tanky and the Spirit Eater synergises well with the skills. Also we get quite a bit of damage when we pick up a scourge for our weapon due to the minion damage from necro :).

@Haiku_Samurai
"
Looks fun I'll give it a shot.
What would you recommend for bandits and pantheon?

I would recommend Alira or kill all, personally I went alira for the regen and for the possibility that I may end up testing crit at some point. Pantheon wise Brine King and Ralakesh is what I'm currently running.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info