Theoretically insane weapons?

Hey guys,

http://poeaffix.net/2h-bow.html#/

So here is the list of bows affixes and some (every?) shaped/elder mods. Am I wrong or can a bow have Iron grip + Faster proj + around +450% physical damage just with prefixes?

Do we know if there's a limit to all that? if not I'm going to craft the shit out of that league
Last edited by Bowspin on Dec 13, 2017, 1:36:22 PM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2017, 6:50:54 PM
You are correct. The power creep this patch is insane.
Are we sure that those can actually roll together?

Apart from that, it is a very unlikely combination of rolls. If you find one, you are rich. Very rich.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
The difference between the haves and the have-nots is already too large. The haves should be better, but not ten times better. There's too much of this game devoted to challenging the haves, which pretty much excludes the have-nots.

People with these godly items will be here in a week bitching that there's nothing left to challenge them.

Oh... I just found this:
Wisely said, but I don't think GGG cares.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
You are wrong.

I'm 99.9% certain those mods are incompatible with any others that have a similar %phys second line and incompatible with the standard '%phys' mod (although they'd still allow the hybrid phys-accuracy mod).

And this is nothing new in that regard. Just like how you can only roll one flat damage to spells mod on a caster weapon, once you roll one of these types of mods all similar ones are barred. So no, you won't get some super weapon with insane %phys or %as or whatever.

To the contrary, these mods actually *prevent* you from being able to get an optimal dps weapon, as the best support rolls that are accompanied by %phys or %AS provide less of those stats than the top-tier %phys or %AS rolls... you get the extra support link for a stronger gem setup on that weapon, but you give up optimal dps rolls for using the weapon on the global scale.
Yea I'm not sure that POE affix has things accurately listed. It seems that, although you can get weapons with multiple elder/shaper affixes, the weapon only gets one roll on the physical damage. I think that means weapons max out at 134% to physical if you have three elder/shaper affixes. Still amazing to get a 6 link in a 1 hander (or 8-9 on a 2 hander), but significantly lower pure DPS than perfectly rolled existing items.
Saw a chest piece on reddit that had +1.5% crit chance... global. That's like an extra link on all equipment for some builds.
I tried crafting a few elder claws and it seems to me that elder/shaper mods are labelled as its 'secondary' value affix. I.e. if you have 'Socketed gems are supportet by level x Brutality', this counts as Phys% mod and your crafting bench will tell you that there already is a type of this mod on your weapon. This would mean that, technically, and elder weapon could still get around 200% phys increase with an elder mod and the dictator's prefix. But it also means that you cannot have a weapon supported by Ruthless, Melee Phys Dmg, and Brutality at the same time.
This certainly is no proof but if you search for any item on poe.trade to have the brutality and the melee phys damage gem support at the same time, you won't find anything.

A perfect Claw for example could be (I split up the two phys% prefixes to make it clear, the game will combine them automatically - just some info for potential new players):

(Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Ruthless/Melee Physical Damage/Brutality
134% increased Physical Damage)
(79% increased Physical Damage
+169 to Accuracy Rating)
(Adds 27 to 49 Physical Damage)
(Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Ancestral Call/Bleed/Poison
15% increased Area of Effect)
(Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Multistrike
21% increased Attack Speed)
(Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Critical Damage
+29% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier)

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info