Im sorry but poe trading sux big time!

Huge HUGE waste of time on poe trading! my plan was to play the actual game for 3 hours today and I ended up spent over 2 hours on trade pages. most traders just afker/fishers, then finally I found some1 responsed to me and went to his hide-out, "wtf I dont even have the item! sorry" me-..... and looking back these few days I realized I spent over 50% of time on browsing and /whisper. WHY is it like this?!
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2017, 7:36:18 AM
Do you have a better example of functional and good trading system in a current arpg with this many players?
Spreading salt since 2006
Well just play SSF then, it's kind of lame to attack a game for people being afk.
I know that it can be frustrating if u wisper ppl for trades, and they aren't answering.
But its not like some1 (except yourself) is forcing you to trade. maybe think about this. ;)

Besides that, have you got an better idea for trading?
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Imurgod wrote:
my plan was to play the actual game for 3 hours today

Then play the game! Are you unable to play the game without those specific items? I don't know how far in the game you've gotten, but it's not like trading (buying) is required until you reach maps (++). You CHOOSE to spend your time on trading, for your own personal reasons. More powerful items to give you an easier time is maybe the most used reason?

And that's the deal with the design; trading is SUPPOSED to be a time sink. Trading is 87 (NOoMA) times more efficient than farming, so why should it be done in seconds?

NOoMA: "Number out of my ass".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Judaspriester wrote:

Of course, but people are getting the hives when anyone mentions something that resembles an auction house.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Judaspriester wrote:

Of course, but people are getting the hives when anyone mentions something that resembles an auction house.

Well.. there are alot of goods and bads about an auction house. but ggg already said in a recent manifesto that they dont want something like that, because it would mean trading would become way to easy.
They want us to swap the gear more than just once after finishing a10.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
jep trading sucks balls:') reason why there is ssf!
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Somehow I don't believe you spent 2 hours on poe.trade.
There aren't many items you actually *need* no matter what build you play.
Also it's very easy to play acts 1-10 without trading at all.

Also the league is so fresh that trading items is easier than ever.
If trading were easy, no one would need to save items they think they might want to use some day. No hoarding, no stash tab sales. They would have to find a new way to monetize.

That being said... you need to pay for your items. People are only willing to trade above a certain price point. They don't want to waste their time any more than you do. So offer them more than what the item is "worth" and you will get responses.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 13, 2017, 10:31:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info