[3.1] Incinerate + CwC + Frostbolt Elementalist tanker Vaal Pact build idea

Hi guys, I'm quite new to the game and after reading tons of guides I decided to make a build on my own. Hope you guys can help me improve.
1. Idea:
The build will make use of Elementalist's nodes, the Elemental Equilibrium and the fact that both two skills are "projectile"
2. Setup:
a) Tree
Kill all Bandits
My current tree:

98 lvl aiming tree:

b) Gem:
6 link: Inci -> CwC -> Frostbolt -> Volley Sup -> Control Destruction -> Faster Projectiles.
Orb of storms setup: Orb of Storm -> Culling Strike -> Increase Critical Strike -> Power Charge on Crit/Add Lightning Dmg/Blind Sup.
CwDT setup: CwDT -> IC -> Frost bomb -> Increase Duration.
Movement: Lightning Warp -> Less Duration -> Faster Casting.
Golems: Summon Flame Gol -> Summon Ice Gol -> Minion Life Sup -> Blind Sup.
Curses: Blasphemy -> Projectile Weakness -> Warlord's Mark.

c) Gear
For now I only can think of Gang's Momentum Boots, for its fire increase damage and increase damage on Ignited enemies, and 2 Frozen Trail Jewels as the must-have :/.

3. Analyze:

a)Damage increase: (According to Poeplanner)
118% Increase Ele
113% Increase Spell
89% Fire and 66% Cold
140% Increase for both Fire and Cold tks to Liege of the Primodial (2 Golems)
25% increased Damage with Hits against Frozen, Shocked or Ignited Enemies (1)
30-35% increase Damage against Ignited enemies (from Gang's Momentum Boots) (2)
46% Inrease Projectile Damage + 14% from 2 gem (Frozen Trail) = 60% (3)
Supported skill deal increase Projectile Damage: 29% (lvl 20 Fast Projectile Gems) + 4% (quality 20 lvl 20 Volley Sup) = 33% (4)
44% Increase Damage from Projectile Hits (Curse) (5)
Benefit from EE (This is something I will elaborate later on, cuz it requires some Math)
40% damage from EO

Note that those above are all Multiply. I'm only not sure about (3) and (4) though, they could be additive to each other.
Anyways, I don't use Elemental Focus since I need the Elemental Ailments for Increase Damage as well as CrowdControl. Other CwC setup often only use same Ele skills so doesn't gain effect from EE, or doesn't have increase damage from Projectile like mine.
Alone, Projectiles Damage increase: 160% x 133% x 144% = 306.4% Damage (3,4,5)
Also (1) and (2) give us 156%-169% Damage Increase, thus both would make up for damage loss of not having Ele Focus/ nodes focus on one Ele damage (And I think they worth more).

b)Defense Stats
Resist: 77 Fire, 77 Cold, 62 Light.
Max Life Increase : 125%
Life bonus: 50
48% Increase Armour
84% Increase Armour and Evasion Rating
Leech effect (takes too much Math so forgive me ;---;).
Especially, KnockBack from Projectile Weakness Curse, Stun from Warlord's Mark and Chill/Freeze from Cold sync very well I must say. Rare Monsters are easy to disabled, and Unique Monsters keep getting disrupt from action.
4) Aim:
My Aim is to have Leech and Defense stats strong enough so that I only need to keep spam Inci watching my opponent melting down. I must only move when the boss uses its specialty or when my HP got really low and I need to recharge or something.
My build deal tons of AoE so clear speed should not be a problem, as well as damage.
However, at my current Tree I kinda got stuck because of low defensive nodes. I need to get to those life leech and %increase Armour + Evade nodes till my build can works properly ;----;. I think that I need to get more %HP or get the MoM nodes and reduce %Armour nodes but idk.
5) Elaborate on EE:
Spoiler
Without the hit from Orb of Storms, I have done some math to calculate the efficient Damage. Basically, all hit from Bolt gonna gain effect from EE since Inci Hits would happen before them, but things are gonna be different for Inci's hits.
Supposedly during A Inci's consecutive hits there are B Bolt hit. There would be B Inci's hits get buff from EE, and A-B hits get the debuff (assuming even if both spells hit at the same time, the hit from Bolt will count as hit before the Inci) . Says X is the monster's current Fire Res (%), then the damage multiply should be:
E= (B(100-X+50) + (A-B)(100-X-25)) /A = (100-X) + (75B-25A)/A = (100-X) + 25*(3B/A -1).
Here, 100-X is the exact multiply damage when calculating Resistance of a normal spell without EE buff, and B/A is in direct proportion to cast rate of Inci on cast rate of FrostBolt. Thus the smaller the cast rate of Inci got, the smaller the EE buff would benefit Inci's skills, despite damage wise cast rate buff would help Inci hit more times, which means more damage.

Tl;dr: Incinerate get buff from EE, but is not as much as FrostBolt, so %Cold Spell should be more important thant %Fire Spell.
The more Castspeed we got, the more damage wise Inci would get, but FrostBolt won't benefit any. Moreover, Castspeed would reduce the buff from EE towards Inci. Hence, other stat that +%Damage or stats to gear should be more important

_______
Well, that's all I can tell ya. I'm still working on improving my tree and gear so any advice is welcome and appreciated xD. Tks for reading.
And btw, I have tried Freezing Pulse before FrostBolt, and I think Frostbolt is better for AoE. Though for boss fight who summon minions, I think Freezing Pulse should be better for its +50% damage from 2 Gems and its Freeze effect.

Last edited by PThu on Dec 13, 2017, 4:38:00 AM
Last bumped on Jan 9, 2018, 3:53:20 AM
Exactly which jewels would be good here?

% Cold dmg?
% max life?
% Cast speed?
% Projectile dmg?

6 link: Inci -> CwC -> Frostbolt -> Volley Sup -> Control Destruction -> Faster Projectiles.
Orb of storms setup: Orb of Storm -> Culling Strike -> Increase Critical Strike -> Power Charge on Crit/Add Lightning Dmg/Blind Sup.

as to my understanding Powercharges give you more crit chance + crit dmg. Which is useless since our 6link chest is going to be useing Controlled destruction gem. meaning 0% crit chance.

Any idea on that?

Also Gear wise.
Boots and jewels are not much to go at.
at around lvl 60 it will be outdated and easily replaced with basicly any rare boots. jewels are good for everything tho!

Decend guide :) bit of typos But readable :)

Greetings Inceneration :)
Last edited by Inceneration on Jan 9, 2018, 4:47:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info