can not self-sustain map progress, even with 3->1 tier uprgade

Stuck at tier 5
Trade is only solution, but is that goal of POE?
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 5:35:16 AM
Keep at it. You hit a stream of really bad luck, or you simply don't understand what you're doing. Both will get better with time.
I think people may have been a little spoiled by Horizon and Harbinger Orbs, going up a new route on the Atlas seems miserable without them, but this was GGG's stated intention all along.

What Shags said. We ain't Harbinger no more, mapping isn't as cushy, but they didn't change drop rates or mechanics for maps, so if it was doable before 3.0, it's doable now. Keep at it!
Last edited by sainthazard on Dec 11, 2017, 10:04:26 AM
zana 4 sold me tier 7 maps.
Second-class poe gamer
Day 4 of league - Can't Sustain Maps!

You have got to be kidding me. The Zana post is seemingly irrelevant this early, unless you are running rota's steady - she should be pretty low level still.

I dunno, maybe it is just me - if you rush, if you condense 3 months of play experience into a weekend, perhaps you should expect some deficiencies in drops by times?
I only did one rotation, bought all relevant maps from level 2, 3 and 4. I didn't need those 40 chances anyway.
Second-class poe gamer
Guys calm down
Running 5th tier maps yields no progress towards 6 tier, 1st 6t got in 10th t5 map maybe, srsly??
spoiled by garbinger??lucky You, using harbinger orbs to get mid-tiers
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Dec 11, 2017, 11:41:33 AM
"
skrecu wrote:
Guys calm down
Running 5th tier maps yields no progress towards 6 tier, 1st 6t got in 10th t5 map maybe, srsly??

Assuming you're completing bonus objectives on all maps, by the time you're in tier five every third or fourth map that drops should be one tier higher. Either you're not completing enough bonus objectives to raise your atlas bonus, or you've just had a streak of bad luck.

This is the only thread like this I can find, and so far no one has come forward in it to agree with you. This seems like a problem that is unique to you.

Run more low tier maps and be patient.
In any league I used to alch maps and go up to t10 EASILY. EFORTLESSLY.

Now im struggling with t4. Its like they are forbiden to drop.

I dont know why devs want us to go on a "buying spree" those sextants in bulk. As if we get enough currency from drops in t3 maps..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
sainthazard wrote:
"
skrecu wrote:
Guys calm down

Assuming you're completing bonus objectives on all maps, by the time you're in tier five every third or fourth map that drops should be one tier higher. Either you're not completing enough bonus objectives to raise your atlas bonus, or you've just had a streak of bad luck.

I think you are right: I'm pretty sure it will turn out that, yeah, you can't self-sustain progress if you don't complete bonus objectives. Which doesn't entirely seem wrong to me, especially given zana daily sales as a bulwark against bad RNG.

(Even at low levels, zana gives coverage of low tier missing maps, helping you fill out that bonus to raise the odds of upgrade maps in future...)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info