Elder guardians and Liches

Not here to boast but just compare to others, I am a level 87, nearly 88 character with just 2 red maps completed, and I am yet to encounter a lich or elder guardian. What kind of progress have you made with those encounters?

I play in abyss league if that is relevant.
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2017, 12:21:54 PM
I can't get higher than Tier 6 to drop at the moment haha, lvl 82. I think I've gotten about 6 or 7 depths to spawn, but nothing other than that timed pillar is down there.
Ive gotten a boss to spawn from the depths but it wasnt an elder or a lich or a guardian or whatever the hell else was added

It was one of the bosses needed for a challenge... theres 2 of them it seems
Yeah noticed earlier in challenges there are 2 types of abyss mobs that I have not killed (not counting the lich). There are 2 uniques not yet "found" based on the dev post, so maybe lich is actually a super rare thing to find.

The search continues!
Would love to hear some feedback on this as well. I am level 90, have done multiple red maps, and have gotten/cleared 20-30 Depths instances. Have never seen anything other than the stupid totem boss at the end. I know that they aren't meant to be common occurrences, but it's getting kind of ridiculous. Mainly I'm just worried that I'm missing some mechanic / set of conditions to have to be met for them to spawn.
"
Lynerus wrote:
Ive gotten a boss to spawn from the depths but it wasnt an elder or a lich or a guardian or whatever the hell else was added

It was one of the bosses needed for a challenge... theres 2 of them it seems

aren't this the liches?

Elder guardians spawn in elder controlled maps, if you keep doing shaper maps until the elder has most of the atlas you increase the odds of spawning them.
80 now, playing mid-tier
never saw lich since I am in mid tier so far
depths are stupid in way You can not way back to town (like corrupted side areas previously), loot is poor in 1st day of league every stash in depths yielded rare abyss jewel, now I can run depth and see not a trace of 'em
depths' arena id soo small, since some lacuni-like rare mob behaviour (tele-phasing-dual wield attack) require withdrawn/retreat when in combat, it makes almost impossible to retreat in mid-tiers without being killed...hard candy
also I can not understand elder/shaper mechanics
pity GGG hyped about irrelevant details, not considering about basic core mechanics
choice is Yours, play or browse board/reddit for any clues
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Dec 11, 2017, 12:23:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info