Why are all Stygian Vise rare? BUG?

"
FrancescoV wrote:
I'm currently in ACT3, already found something like 15 rare stygian Vise, not a single normal or magic one. Is this a bug?
They are really overly common... it feels wrong.

Who cares. They all roll with Chris Wilsons fascination with shit weighted low tier affixes and undesirable affixes.
"
Game in general: "Loot drops are shit! Too much trash!"

Harbinger: "Too many bits and pieces! Too much to pick up! Fuck you!"

Abyss: "Too much loot! Fuck you!"

Pretty much.

I'm assuming this league is more of a test bed for future league design and an apology in response to how poorly received Harbinger and 3.0 were.
Ive not had 1 even half good belt drop yet but i am using one with a jewel
"
"
FrancescoV wrote:
I'm currently in ACT3, already found something like 15 rare stygian Vise, not a single normal or magic one. Is this a bug?
They are really overly common... it feels wrong.

Who cares. They all roll with Chris Wilsons fascination with shit weighted low tier affixes and undesirable affixes.

In my experience they roll in the same way normal betls do, so most of them just suck, but once in a while you find an usable one.

Currently I'm using a Stygian belt with 28% increased elemental damage, +15 to a resist and +38 life... not bad for a belt found in ACT 4.

Based on this experience I guess that finding a good stygian belt for end game won't be any harder than what used to be with normal belts.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Dec 10, 2017, 7:39:10 AM
"
Game in general: "Loot drops are shit! Too much trash!"

Harbinger: "Too many bits and pieces! Too much to pick up! Fuck you!"

Abyss: "Too much loot! Fuck you!"

This...

Can we stop complaining please? For one league? Just one.
Abyss is amazing, ENJOY.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:

This...

Abyss is amazing, ENJOY.

I, like others here, am not complaining.
I'm just surprised (and a little worried) and since this is a discussion forum... I'm discussing.

Abyss so far has been very good for me too.
"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

This...

Abyss is amazing, ENJOY.

I, like others here, am not complaining.
I'm just surprised (and a little worried) and since this is a discussion forum... I'm discussing.

Abyss so far has been very good for me too.

Then my post was not meant for you, was it? :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
grepman wrote:
yea the issue is these belts easily outclass any rare belt out there because of implicit and outclass almost all unique belts aside from you know what.

the fact that there exist abyss uniques that benefit more the more abyss jewels you have, simply makes them to be the only base

Unlike talismans which didn't have this problem, there's simply not many reasons wto wear anything but this base

Talisman was a terrible league and the talismans themselves was painfully under powered and cumbersome to obtain. Maybe the perfect middle ground was somewhere in between but I saw talisman as one of the worst leagues GGG has ever put out.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Dec 10, 2017, 11:58:52 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
yea the issue is these belts easily outclass any rare belt out there because of implicit and outclass almost all unique belts aside from you know what.

the fact that there exist abyss uniques that benefit more the more abyss jewels you have, simply makes them to be the only base

Unlike talismans which didn't have this problem, there's simply not many reasons wto wear anything but this base

Talisman was a terrible league and the talismans themselves was painfully under powered and cumbersome to obtain. Maybe the perfect middle ground was somewhere in between but I saw talisman as one of the worst leagues GGG has ever put out.
talisman as a league has nothing to do with what I posted (and as you might guess - I dont share this opinion, on the contrary- talisman is one of my fav leagues because it didnt hand out shit)

the issue is one base dominating the gear slot and even unique options. not counting flask and jewels we have 10 gear slots in this game, and the game prides itself on choices. an obvious choice is not a good long-term look for any of the gear slots.

I guess the silver lining is that you need to drop those belts, but since they're craftable means all you care about is the base really.
"
Lynerus wrote:
Ive not had 1 even half good belt drop yet but i am using one with a jewel

Right after i posted this

Seems i cant link my belt for some reason... pretty good now
Last edited by Lynerus on Dec 10, 2017, 6:13:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info