Why are all Stygian Vise rare? BUG?

I'm currently in ACT3, already found something like 15 rare stygian Vise, not a single normal or magic one. Is this a bug?
They are really overly common... it feels wrong.
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2017, 6:11:25 PM
Now tell us how every single one rolled op as hell. I'll wait.

It's almost like GGG historically showers leagues with content and then needs drop rates post league... Hmm...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Now tell us how every single one rolled op as hell. I'll wait.

Of course not, but having the game throwing rare belts at you feels wrong, expecially since they aren't corrupted like breach rings were.

Stygian belts are overall just better, and the overabundance of them makes all other belts just pointless.

Something looks wrong here in my opinion.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Dec 9, 2017, 6:53:20 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Given the sorts of jewels I'm sticking into these things, I agree that having them all rare is slightly overkill. But I'm so used to playing underpowered builds I'm probably just not used to not sucking.

Wait. o.o
You actually play Abyss?

That said, I haven't found a single one that didn't have the entirety of it's mods be comprised of things in the ballpark of "+12 life", "10% increased stun duration" and "7% cold resistance", so the colour isn't all that bothering.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I'm surprised as well, since all talisman weren't rare in that league. But I also agree that the rolls have been not great and they rely upon the abyss jewels to be good items. And those jewels are both magic and rare. So I think it works. It is fun at least!
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Given the sorts of jewels I'm sticking into these things, I agree that having them all rare is slightly overkill. But I'm so used to playing underpowered builds I'm probably just not used to not sucking.

Wait. o.o
You actually play Abyss?

That said, I haven't found a single one that didn't have the entirety of it's mods be comprised of things in the ballpark of "+12 life", "10% increased stun duration" and "7% cold resistance", so the colour isn't all that bothering.

Speaking of colour, I am entirely too irrationally pissed off that the item doesn't reflect the color of abyss jewel it has socketed. I haven't even bothered making a suggestion post or said anything about it to my girlfriend who won't get the chance to play for a bit. I just have a nagging voice that the moment I socketed a jewel just blew into profanities about it in the back of my head.

I'd say I need a therapist. But I think everyone needs a therapist.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
i got one white stygian vise. it was on my very first abyss in coast. i think from there its been all rare as well

i think the belts and jewels are just way too plentiful
I did realize that after sitting at work for a while, I wasn't even considering end game rolls on stygians at all for some reason that escapes me. Yeah they are going to be on like every single build that doesn't use a unique belt. This league.

But still, they are going to be nerfed as hell in drop rate/ rolls probably post league if they become part of the game forever. Too noticable of a power creep on that single slot.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Game in general: "Loot drops are shit! Too much trash!"

Harbinger: "Too many bits and pieces! Too much to pick up! Fuck you!"

Abyss: "Too much loot! Fuck you!"

Fairly accurate.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
yea the issue is these belts easily outclass any rare belt out there because of implicit and outclass almost all unique belts aside from you know what.

the fact that there exist abyss uniques that benefit more the more abyss jewels you have, simply makes them to be the only base

Unlike talismans which didn't have this problem, there's simply not many reasons wto wear anything but this base

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info