Abyss rare monsters healing

Is there a way to prevent Abyss rares from healing so much? I don't have enough damage to oneshot them yet. Feels like I'm mising something.

Last bumped on Dec 17, 2017, 5:40:23 PM
Ehm, you don't need to oneshot them to kill them?

Use frost bomb perhaps?
It doesn't look like life regeneration but instant %based hp recovery so Frost Bomb shouldn't work. Seems like they get some sort of charges that they use to use their "ultimate" abilites (and heal?) and I haven't figured out if that can be prevented yet.

The bat appears to consume corpses to heal from what I've seen, the pitworms that spawn at the edge of the screen constantly spew worms at you that the rare eats for Life. Getting rid of those prevents the silliness.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 9, 2017, 1:45:58 PM
They really ought to put cooldowns on those healing/charge-consuming skills. I don't mind them having them, but being able to spam them so much is ridiculous.

Sorry, but taking out every single one of the maggot-spewing pitworms when they can fire at you from 3 screens away and spawn a substantial distance away from the cracks (despite being immobile...) is wildly impractical and suicidal with all the swarming that goes on.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 9, 2017, 3:31:48 PM
Here's how I do it:

1. Take care of the initial onslaught.
2. Pop a Quicksilver flask and run around looking for maggot-spewers, attacking additional enemies as you go.
3. Get rid of the maggot-spewers as you discover them.
4. Kill remaining enemies in the area.
5. Rinse and repeat with the next area.

I'm using Arc/Spark totems. I imagine Ball Lightning will also work, as should Infernal Blow/Groundslam/Sunder if they're sufficiently powered. Add Abyssal Cry for additional area damage. When an affected enemy dies, that will deal additional chaos damage to enemies surrounding it.
Last edited by MimSiE on Dec 17, 2017, 11:37:25 AM
Thanks for the tips guys though it's nice that GGG went ahead and tuned down the madness to manageable levels. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info