[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

UPDATE: Added levelling gear and tips for levelling that I used for this event:
Levelling gear
3.3 incursion event league I played for 2 days: http://poe-profile.info/profile/xcise/SonicBackFlash
(I played this for around 2 days, so the gear is quite budget, all costed me under 100c, I had around 200c leftover of just pure currency in alchs, fuses, jewellers, chisels and maps)

This time around I played really early into the league, so I held off on buying cheap rares and stuff from poe.trade (just bought a lot of currency and maps for levelling for a quick lvl85).

I did however tried to buy some real cheap stuff:

This rare axe I got for real cheap like 10c for this 350pDPS axe (super lucky), so I didn't go for the triple aura soul taker, so I had to drop herald of ash or hatred for enough mana to cast sunder. I also needed to have mana leech on my ring and in case I replaced the ring, also on a jewel, which was enough to sustain my low mana build with both blasphemy and hatred reserved.

I got really lucky with the insanity gloves on my first try, but I still recommend using a really crap one with crafted life and no res, it's 100x worth it even with good non-insanity gloves:

Also got this amulet real cheap (like 2c), resists enough to not use a bismuth flask. It stopped me dying a lot when my bismuth flask ran out. It also allowed me to level my conc effect more for more damage. I was searching for a high phys roll amulet but those were hard to find.

The rest of the uniques I bought (except skullhead and tabula, which I got pretty lucky and found off the ground)

My rings are pretty garbage, have been using them since like lvl 50, but they are high in res/int so it was hard to find a replacement.
"
derzz wrote:
having a blast with the build in Flashback. But i've got one question - my auras, hatred and herald of ash don't give me elemental damage from phys. I can't understand why :/
You're using the wrong gem links bro, replace brutality with ruthless or hypothermia. Also, I recommend these other changes:
Spoiler
Here's my character for the event, I only played the first two days to get a fast lvl 85 so I didn't try to save up for soul taker, but here's my character: http://poe-profile.info/profile/xcise/SonicBackFlash

1)
Insanity gloves, I got lucky and rolled a real good one, but even a bad one will make the build feel 100x better. Before getting my insanity gloves, I was wondering why my leap slam was so slow myself, until I remembered insanity gloves. Insanity essence is real cheap early on in the league, so I recommend buying it as soon as possible, before it hyper-inflates from people trying to craft mirror insanity gloves later on in the league.
2) Lion's roar will boost DPS by a lot while still being pretty cheap
3) Belt of the deeceiver boosts DPS by 10%, while having respectable stats.
4) Writhing jar is useful for lab, trials and keeping up frenzy charges and mobs recently killed (20% dps boost)
5) Replacing offhand with the princess/tempestuous steel or a good shaper offhand will boost DPS
6) Chuck a few divines or sell soul taker for a better one for more DPS
7) Replace mana flask with something else, you really don't need it
8) Grab more jewel sockets and slot in some good resists on it, then swap bismuth flask with some other useful flask.

Some budget flask options:

Last edited by Xcise on Aug 6, 2018, 6:57:18 AM
UPDATE :
SSF Levelling Guide
No need to buy any fancy uniques (however it does speed up levelling), we can level completely SSF, character will be based on my SSF character:
http://poe-profile.info/profile/xcise/SonicIncursionSSF
lvl 16

Filter I use for levelling is Neversink's soft filter
Passive tree (18 points): www.poeurl.com/b1tj

Mainhand was created by vendoring a [ Boarding Axe] + [ Blacksmith's Whetstone ] + [ Rare rustic sash ]. Magic rustic sash works too, but rare belt gives more phys%.
Offhand is just a 3 link until I can find a good stat stick
Chest is just a 3 link I found until I can find a 4 link
Looking for hybrid evasion/ES helm to fit HoA/Hatred/Blasphemy/Enlighten
Looking for a 4 link to fit my leap slam 4 link
Bought the she from nessa
Found these off the floor, I like having two mana and two life flasks because leap slam even without faster attacks is still quite fast
I have these I am waiting to slot in when I level up
lvl 30

Filter I use for leveling until this level was Neversink's soft filter
Passive tree (36 points): www.poeurl.com/b1tN

Lucky pickup, strong main hand with fast attack speed
3 link offhand, stats don't matter on the offhand until I can get a better one
Some decent jewellery I picked up off the ground, focusing on int/res/life
Still using a white rustic sash
These are mainly kept for movespeed/gem links
Nice rare helm
Flasks are pretty regular
lvl 40
Filter I use for leveling until this level was Neversink's soft filter
Passive tree (47 points): www.poeurl.com/b1tP

Mainhand was created by vendoring a [ Jasper Axe] + [ Blacksmith's Whetstone ] + [ Rare rustic sash ]
Offhand ready for immortal call CWDT when i get to act 6
Decent colours for my auras
Stacking Res>life>int on jewellery I crafted for more fire res to fight innocence
Gloves with perfect colours, still need to link it for the culling strike
Belt with decent stats I used an essence to get
Boots with movespeed%
Flasks pretty standard, bubbling and seething to keep my HP sustained, especially boss fights with poacher's mark to sustain flasks
lvl 47
Passive tree (54 points): www.poeurl.com/b1vE

lvl 59

Passive tree (72 points): www.poeurl.com/b1vV

Lucky find, this axe has amazing DPS
Jewellery has very nice int/life/phys/res on it

Insanely nice armour piece allowing me to continue to level my int hungry gems
I swap out my mana flask for my quicksilver when it's time for bossing
lvl 75
I used this gear to kill kitava first try with ease (vaal double strike helped a lot)
Filter I use for levelling is a custom filter I made off of Neversink's strict filter: https://pastebin.com/raw/KCJz9AtA

Passive tree (93 points): www.poeurl.com/b1zj

I ID'd every rare/magic/normal siege axe, and this is one of the good ones I found that I used a regal orb on then crafted flat phys on (make sure you level your vagan)

Prefer the princess, but this sword boosts clear speed by a tonne with all the increased attack speed

Nice helmet I found that gives a lot of resistance

In SSF, I also luckily corrupted a vaal double strike which boosts my DPS by a lot. Otherwise, I'd have my ancestral protector in a 4 link for the single target boost.

Gloves that gives good mana leech and a bit of attack speed that I'll replace soon when I find better gloves. I can always get mana leech from haku craft, passive tree, rings or jewels.

The reason why my level is so high since the last update is because I had to farm around 3-4 hours in blood aquaducts for the humilty card for this 6 link unique (which I don't recommend, this build can do well enough with just a 4 or 5 link)

Some nice boots, when I level my haku more, I'll be able to craft another resist on these. Here's the rest of my gear, nothing too special:
Rest is self explanatory
lvl 83
Messed around a bit with this gear, have ancestral protector in a 4 link, sunder in a pseudo 4 link and vaal double strike in a six link
Filter I use for levelling is a custom filter I made off of Neversink's strict filter: https://pastebin.com/raw/KzDmwnyq

Will settle for a lower DPS axe but with more attack speed for both leap slam and sunder

Looking for a shaper offhand with ilvl 75+

Picked these gloves up for the pseudo 5 link and moved vaal double strike into 6 link tabula for maximum single target

vaal double strike gives insane single target DPS that melts anything within 6 seconds, or you can even slot in increased duration or another vaal double strike in there

4 link ancestral protector to boost single target

Last edited by Xcise on Aug 9, 2018, 1:31:19 PM
im currently trying this build but im taking vitality void to get leech capped, what do you think about it?
Spoiler
"
tomer15s wrote:
im currently trying this build but im taking vitality void to get leech capped, what do you think about it?
In maps, it's pretty easy to get leech capped just from the leech from our minor ascendency points. You can also get life leech on gloves/amulet pretty easily for early game. (slitherpinch unique gloves is my go-to), also preps you early to know to not get too much res on gloves because res is hard to get on insanity gloves
Last edited by Xcise on Aug 12, 2018, 9:08:17 PM
I always start the new league[to farm uber lab] with this class/ascendancy albeit non-crit but will change up in the forthcoming league.

Thanks for the guide, i'm all set.
Spoiler
"
AshRox wrote:
I always start the new league[to farm uber lab] with this class/ascendancy albeit non-crit but will change up in the forthcoming league.

Thanks for the guide, i'm all set.
Happy to help! I'll PM you a discord link for sonicsunder for the upcoming league.
I have taken this build all the way and let me tell you something.
Once you put in good gear it becomes something else. I can't explain it,
when you kill mobs you really feel as if you are doing damage. It's just nuts.
Very addictive and satisfying. :):):)

I am planning to purchase my first mirror item and yes it
will be for this build. However I cannot decide weather to go for elemental damage or
elemental penetration. These are my 2 option: (Stat stick)

option 1)

Damage penetrates 6% elemental resistance
Gain 40% as fire
Gain 40% as lightning
Gain 20% as chaos
Gain 30% as random
Damage penetrates 10% elemental resistance
Crafted 27 crit multiplier

Option 2)

40% increased elemental damage
Gain 40% as fire
Gain 40% as lightning
Gain 20% as chaos
Gain 30% as random
Damage Penetrates 10% elemental resistance

I would highly appreciate your help as this will be my biggest investment.
Please let me know what you think.

Many thanks.
"
Porsche112 wrote:

will be for this build. However I cannot decide weather to go for elemental damage or

option 1)

Gain 40% as fire
Gain 40% as lightning
Gain 20% as chaos
Gain 30% as random

Option 2)

Gain 40% as fire
Gain 40% as lightning
Gain 20% as chaos
Gain 30% as random

Many thanks.

Just make both items in PoB and check the DMG. I would say penetration is better.

Spoiler
"
memberx wrote:
"
Porsche112 wrote:

option 1)

Gain 40% as fire
Gain 40% as lightning
Gain 20% as chaos
Gain 30% as random

Option 2)

Gain 40% as fire
Gain 40% as lightning
Gain 20% as chaos
Gain 30% as random

Many thanks.

Just make both items in PoB and check the DMG. I would say penetration is better.

First, I'd go for the damage pen,. I was curious myself but it seems damage pen is a tiny bit better.

Path of building pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Pddr4dWG

Secondly, I have some improvements for your gear that won't cost you as much currency as a mirror item.

1) Gems lvl 21/20, pretty cheap
2) Better amulet with more HP/res/quantity,
3) Better jewels, you can find good jewels from incursion league to transfer to standard league if standard is too dad
4) Changed your legacy rumi's with a sin's rebirth to get 100% unholy might uptime
5) Changed a murderous eye jewel to hypnotic to get more DPS from bubonic trail.
6) Changed the crit multi crafted suffix from the mirror gear with +28 strength (optional, probably not the smartest idea in the world, since you might use this for another crit build)

The total DPS in the end is 2.907M DPS with these improvements to your gear.

I've also PM'd you a discord invite for more discussion.
Thank you for the detailed reply. Unfortunately over here in Dubai
we are not able to use Discord but I do appreciate the warm welcome.
I actually have some really nice ideas to further improve this build.
Will try and share my thoughts. So first let me showcase my gear:

Flasks:

Jewels:

After I get my mirror stat stick I will do the following:

1. I will try and craft a ring that has either poachers mark or warlord mark on hit.
This way I get to free one spot. I use 2 enlighten 4 to save 3 skill points so
space is limited. My 3 link boots will be swapped with my stat stick.
My stat stick will free up a spot because I do not need to use blasmephy and the
2 link will be swapped with my 2 link bubonic trail boots.

Advantage:
save 1 gem spot so I can now use 2 socket boots. I gain an additional abyss jewel.
I can now use Arctic armour since I will be having poachers mark on my ring. This gives
me even more defence.

2. When using a legacy Rumis with belly of the beast. I find it far superior than
using a brass dome. Becuase the flask takes care of the armour and block chance.
Therefore nothing can 1 shot me and I will have close to 8k life. No elemental damage
can kill me either. However when it comes to shaper I do believe brass domb is better but
with a certain amount of life

3. I plan to upgrade all my jewels in the future. Trying to get the incursion double
corrupted ones.

4. Will try out a loreweave with increase damage. Same goes for belly. Tombfist with frenzy
and attack speed.

5. It is also not a bad idea to swap sunder with Tectonic slam, Elemental damage and
elemental focus gem. This way you actually do more dps but the main problem is we use
up our endurance charges. I still think this game play is even more fun, even more feels
goods man :). With our arctic armour up this should not be a problem.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Last edited by Porsche112 on Aug 17, 2018, 8:16:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info