[3.1] vitto's Thunder Striker / League STARTER to MASTER in 1 / AC SS 2 Curse Inquisitor

"
monnemann wrote:
What level are you and how are you feeling about the build? Think it will be able to kill all endgame? I want to try a ss build after my duelist :)

So far I'm 44, and it's feeling pretty good. I recommend shield charge over leap slam, at least for now, because you can hit enemies a couple times, charge, hit them, charge, and while you're charging the SS charges are exploding. I'm still too far to talk about ALL endgame, but if it goes as expected it will be no problem.

I'm experimenting with different gem combos for leveling, and I'm not having a lot of luck with my links but so far a 4 link SS > AC > Multistrike > Added Lightning Damage has carried me to Act 5 with no problem except for Avarius/Innocence because I decided to go for more damage nodes first and let's just say I died too many times.
Alright Awesome. Made a quick char to try out the SS and AC and it really feels satisfying. I will follow your progress and build this when i get tired of my current char.
dude... er... how do i say this...

how can this be a league starter, the gear you're using for testing is waaaay too maxed to try it out isn't it? like half your stam comes from two opal rings... which are rare enough as is, then to roll dex on that.... then your jewels are... more than just rare

at this point, to achieve even half of what you claim already costs a fortune... doesnt really seem like a good starter

.... i say all that... as i end up probably trying the build anyways
Is Mjolner good for this build, or good rolled rare is better?
"
facsasd wrote:
dude... er... how do i say this...

how can this be a league starter, the gear you're using for testing is waaaay too maxed to try it out isn't it? like half your stam comes from two opal rings... which are rare enough as is, then to roll dex on that.... then your jewels are... more than just rare

at this point, to achieve even half of what you claim already costs a fortune... doesnt really seem like a good starter

.... i say all that... as i end up probably trying the build anyways

Yeah I get your point but those are only rares, even though they are GGG some uniques provide more synergy, like I'm wearing a Belly now (still leveling) so I don't have to invest too hard on life so early on; I'm also looking for a Doryani's Catalyst to try out removing Resolute Technique and making use of the crit passives on our tree and ascendancy, and also making it 100% conversion to electricity to make the most out of % elemental damage nodes and Doryani's.

That's just an example of what I'm working on currently, considering I only played day 1 and half of day 2, but you have to consider this is a new build concept so feedback like yours motivate me to work on it, it's by no means final and always subject to change.
"
snezkov wrote:
Is Mjolner good for this build, or good rolled rare is better?

I would have to test that or have someone else do it. Right now I'm only 46, haven't had time to play since the start of the league, but this following week should be the time where I level up and start fine-tuning. I will be updating the build thread with every new find.
What would you test out socketed in Mjolner? And if it proves effective, is Instruments of Virtue worth considering in conjunction?
"
omniarcan wrote:
What would you test out socketed in Mjolner? And if it proves effective, is Instruments of Virtue worth considering in conjunction?

Triggers don't count as casting so Mjolner won't source Instruments of Virtue but if you can fit a self cast spell it will work, you could even make it an Elemental Equilibrium combo, since our conversion comes strictly from the SS gem with a base of 60%, you could add Physical to Lightning to make it 100% electricity and have a self cast fire or ice spell. Socketed in Mjolner probably a Ball Lightning with power charge on crit, then we remove Resolute Technique from our tree and invest a little bit more on crit, or switch our aura to curse on hit with Ball Lightning or something like that, can't think of much else. Maybe Spark or Arc?
Why not path through the 2 elemental damage nodes near Discipline and Training notable instead of the 2 str nodes under it. Id assume the 16% ele damage is more dps than the 2% inc melee you get from strength.

If you path near resolute technique you can save one point from traveling to marauder section

Also one point near light and divinity would save 1 point from travel to galvanic hammer

Its minor but 2 points is still 2 levels worth of exp ;)

Something like this: www.poeurl.com/bFHd

And since it seems you are going elemental with flat damage scaling mostly how about instead buying quicker vagan weapon (cheap as balls cause you would not be locked to elemental type), dropping the mace nodes near marauder and picking up elemental overload? Thats 2 points and another 2 can be used to pick up elementalist notable near templar start with another 8% ele damage passive

Elemental overload would benefit (especially on single target where it would be up most of time) even tohugh you are not scaling crit and would also give tiny dps increase from inevitable judgements penetration every now and then.
Last edited by elraito on Dec 12, 2017, 8:22:35 AM
"
elraito wrote:
Why not path through the 2 elemental damage nodes near Discipline and Training notable instead of the 2 str nodes under it. Id assume the 16% ele damage is more dps than the 2% inc melee you get from strength.

If you path near resolute technique you can save one point from traveling to marauder section

Also one point near light and divinity would save 1 point from travel to galvanic hammer

Its minor but 2 points is still 2 levels worth of exp ;)

Something like this: www.poeurl.com/bFHd

And since it seems you are going elemental with flat damage scaling mostly how about instead buying quicker vagan weapon (cheap as balls cause you would not be locked to elemental type), dropping the mace nodes near marauder and picking up elemental overload? Thats 2 points and another 2 can be used to pick up elementalist notable near templar start with another 8% ele damage passive

Elemental overload would benefit (especially on single target where it would be up most of time) even tohugh you are not scaling crit and would also give tiny dps increase from inevitable judgements penetration every now and then.

Oh hell yeah, that's some nice feedback, I'll be adjusting accordingly. I'm trying out some different stuff from the trees I posted here as I level to see if helps and removing mace nodes sounds like the better idea for now.
I'm trying to find some uniques that have synergy with the build and Doryani's Catalyst seems like a solid choice, though I didn't get my hands on one yet so I'd still have to test it, if it synergizes well the mace nodes could be worth it, but so far I'm thinking of dropping Resolute Technique for Elemental Overload and make a full elemental conversion with Static Strike to benefit more from Doryani's % elemental damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info