3.1 Starter Builds MSPaint Thread

Y'all know how it goes, post an MSPaint picture of your planned starter build for 3.1

My humble contribution to start things off:

Last edited by ChiefThief on Dec 7, 2017, 4:28:52 PM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2017, 8:34:32 AM
^ fishymancer!!!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon with

Second-class poe gamer
You missed something:

Trap>Cluster/Multi>Desecrate
Mine>Minefield>Desecrate
(AFIK this bypasses desecrate cooldown)

Detonate dead totem(s).

Self Cast:
Cremation>Spell Cascade>L/GMP>+AoE>Faster Casting

Drop traps/mines, drop totem, stand in back and cast Cremation. What your totems don't blow up become volcanoes.

I don't know what the limit is on created corpses, but for totally insane cheeze: Dual wand (3 link)

Desecrate>Cascade>Echo (Necro +corpse notable)
Vaal Detonate Dead>+AoE>Cont. Dest.
A lot of boom in a small space - *once*

Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Dec 7, 2017, 5:10:36 PM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
You missed something:

Trap>Cluster/Multi>Desecrate
Mine>Minefield>Desecrate
(AFIK this bypasses desecrate cooldown)

Detonate dead totem(s).

Self Cast:
Cremation>Spell Cascade>L/GMP>+AoE>Faster Casting

Drop traps/mines, drop totem, stand in back and cast Cremation. What your totems don't blow up become volcanoes.

I don't know what the limit is on created corpses, but for totally insane cheeze: Dual wand (3 link)

The whole idea of my build is using mine AoE from Saboteur. I'm aware of multitrap desecrate, but I'm gonna try out cascade first.
To be fair, you could totally do all this before, i had a sab doing desecrate clustertraps -> dd clustertraps for a while. Might have to revisit it at some point with the buffs and new skills though.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 7, 2017, 5:47:58 PM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:

Desecrate-cascade-echo is a waste, desecrate can only have up to 15 corpses belonging to the source that cast it. Desecrate+cascade without necro's notable would already create the max. If you want an obscene number of corpses, clustertrap or minefield + desecrate can do that, because the sources of the corpses are the individual traps/mines themselves, so you can surpass that 15 limit and get a ridiculous amount placed (although there does appear to be a global limit, but it's at least triple-digit).

Also, dunno if vaal DD will work with controlled destruction, i believe rory's post of the actual lvl 20 dd and tendrils also said vaal dd isn't being changed in the same manner yet (which would imply it's still pure secondary damage). Still, ele focus would work fine.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 7, 2017, 5:55:12 PM
Maybe this time again
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Shppy wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:

Desecrate-cascade-echo is a waste, desecrate can only have up to 15 corpses belonging to the source that cast it.

That's what I did not know - the limit on corpses created via desecrate. Since that's going *up* on the gem itself this patch, Necro's desecrate numbers should (?) also go up (possibly to 7 rather than 5). But if there's a hard cap limit then trap/mine would be the best way to go about creating them.
However - these corpses will be created by the skill, not detonated, so any/all Saboteur trap/mine bonuses will not apply - making this a decent skill for other classes, but a complete waste for Sabo. However (I am not sure of this) a mine or trap that actually detonated dead might(??) work for Saboteur?
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Dec 7, 2017, 7:34:15 PM
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
That's what I did not know - the limit on corpses created via desecrate. Since that's going *up* on the gem itself this patch, Necro's desecrate numbers should (?) also go up (possibly to 7 rather than 5). But if there's a hard cap limit then trap/mine would be the best way to go about creating them.
However - these corpses will be created by the skill, not detonated, so any/all Saboteur trap/mine bonuses will not apply - making this a decent skill for other classes, but a complete waste for Sabo. However (I am not sure of this) a mine or trap that actually detonated dead might(??) work for Saboteur?[/quote]

DD on traps works out fine as long as there's corpses around, i've played around with it before. Gives you another option to scale beyond just fire damage and area damage, and gets some extra penetration.

I'd assume mines work too, but idk how the targeting goes with them... i'd assume nearest corpse, but idk. Could also pick the corpse that's nearest to the nearest enemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info