(Idea/Concept for 3.1) Dex stack bow build with the new elder weapons

Idea sparked by GGG's forum post (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036707) teasing new items and specifically, the bow with the x-y damage added as cold damage to attacks for every 10 dex.

The mod linked is on a Decimation bow, so it likely isnt even the highest tier of the possible mod, but even if it is (cos the required lvl is 67 on the item), its already absolutely INSANE. 1000 dex (which is hardly unobtainable) would already give on average 700 added cold damage. Who cares about Doomfletch nerfs, this sounds more OSfrog than anything in a long damn while.

Tree: Something generic like this: www.poeurl.com/bD60. Probably not optimal to try to get literally all the dex, just get the general strong stuff while skipping all phys dmg with bows (like Deadly Draw) because its not a conversion build, just a flat ele build. IF you get a bow with both the flat dex scaling mod AND good phys damage, just use ice shot or Hrimsorrow and bam you got 100/90% conversion, might wanna adjust tree then a little too. Help alira for the crit.

Skills: Literally anything will probably work. I prefer TS/Barrage, but I dont see any reason why any other bow skill wouldnt work. 6 link would be like TS - GMP - EDWA - Cold pen - some combination of Ele focus/Ice Bite/Added Cold/Hypothermia/Slow Proj/Pierce, need to PoB sim that (maybe mirage archer too? could even keep it up while mainly using barrage on bosses), barrage gets the same but no GMP (and no mirage).

Add in the usual stuff: Curse from CoH-Herald for clear or CoH-OoS-Inc Crit-PCoC for bosses, lightning or ice golem, aura of your choise (HoI definitely, blasphemy-curse? Hatred for conversion), blink arrow, decoy totem. You can fit in blood rage and CwDT-IC if you want the soul of arakaali interaction.

Gear: Dex dex dex. Weapon is obviously the eldered (?) weapon. Drillneck probably #1 quiver. Possible uniques: Starkonjas/Devotos, The Perfect Form, Shapers Touch (shit for damage, but a LOT of life), Astramentis, speed lab winner unique jewels (LUL) and Fluid Motion. Just a lot of rare items with max dex rolls/life/resists/crit mods.

Flasks: Dying sun, wise oak (for cold pen), maybe ToH (at least for conversion), quicksilver/diamond/silver/basalt/jade/life flasks.

Discussion/improvement suggestions more than welcome. Not too familiar with old school Iron Commander dex stack bow builds, Im sure I missed something.

Last edited by Netukka on Dec 7, 2017, 3:16:52 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 3:14:34 PM
Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/1TjANkmS

checkout my take on this if you want

For auras it is HoI and Blasphemy Frostbite is straight up solid choice
Last edited by ninox1998 on Dec 7, 2017, 2:51:16 PM
Blasphemy is definitely an option, especially if you go for point blank and weapon swap for single target skill (could fit in Kaoms too then). HoT and HoA especially aint that good, but the alternatives arent amazing either.

Although I think Projectile Weakness is the better option since we already get quite a bit of penetration. Possibly Assassins Mark too for clear.

Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036926 another very similar idea.
Last edited by Netukka on Dec 7, 2017, 5:45:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info