Showcasing New War for the Atlas Gems and Items

"
Tindraa wrote:
"
cartouche_2 wrote:
I think that new bow mod is a massive mistake GGG.

I don;t mind powercreep but favouring bows above any other weapon, and above all giving it a single mod that outperforms the best mirrored bows on standard... ouch..

I thought that the elder/shaper items were a way to easily get a 6L running, so we can easier get a single target skill and an aoe skill without weapon swaps and stuff... but i never imagined you would completely bust the game balance like that.

I mean ALL my friends ALL say they're playing archer now. ALL OF THEM.

well done.

how about buffing melee for once?

What makes you think bows are the only thing being favored here? That rare was just an example.

Not trying to troll you...honestly asking as maybe I'm missing something.

im assuming itll be used the most on bows and wands, because ranger is the class with access to the most dexterity.

if it is not limited to bows it's a bit better than i thought, but only really usefull on dex heavy characters, aka wanders / bow users.

more and more we see that melee is garbage and ranged does more damage and is safer..

I mean why even bother playing melee in POE am i right?
If mirage archer is linked to mirror arrow, would it make 3 clones?
Volley 20/20 fires 4 additional projectiles
with 16% less dmg and 20%inc dmg (from quality)
140% mana multip.

GMP 20/20 fires 4 additional projectiles
with 26% less dmg with 10% inc cast/attack speed (from quality)
165% mana multipl.

I guess this means RIP GMP?
Volley is just far more effective in indoor maps and straight tunnels.
GMP costs too much, has a greater dmg loss, speed buff isn't notable in a end game buff clusterfuck.

Am I missing something here?
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
Elemenz wrote:
Volley 20/20 fires 4 additional projectiles
with 16% less dmg and 20%inc dmg (from quality)
140% mana multip.

GMP 20/20 fires 4 additional projectiles
with 26% less dmg with 10% inc cast/attack speed (from quality)
165% mana multipl.

I guess this means RIP GMP?
Volley is just far more effective in indoor maps and straight tunnels.
GMP costs too much, has a greater dmg loss, speed buff isn't notable in a end game buff clusterfuck.

Am I missing something here?

As my understanding goes, Volley only fires two more projectiles, but up to two per each side of you (if you use skills which already fire more than 3 proj or get +proj on gear)
"
cartouche_2 wrote:

im assuming itll be used the most on bows and wands, because ranger is the class with access to the most dexterity.

if it is not limited to bows it's a bit better than i thought, but only really usefull on dex heavy characters, aka wanders / bow users.

more and more we see that melee is garbage and ranged does more damage and is safer..

I mean why even bother playing melee in POE am i right?

Well I assume that there are also strength and int mods as well, that support other build types, and that that dex mod is just a single example of the KIND of mods that are now possible in this league.
Could you link us the new version of Lightning Tendrils as well pretty please? I do have some planning to do and the patch note don't contain nearly enough info for that. ;)
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Maybe it was already mentioned somewhere in this thread but,

Detonate Dead gem's description - "cannnot be reflected" (3 n's)
dman........very OP stuff
"
vargorn wrote:
Could you link us the new version of Lightning Tendrils as well pretty please? I do have some planning to do and the patch note don't contain nearly enough info for that. ;)

https://twitter.com/roryrackham
"
lopec wrote:
"
vargorn wrote:

https://twitter.com/roryrackham

Sweet, thanks a lot for the link! :D

Two questions that immediately came to mind:

1. is the cast time correct at 0.23?
2. does the "more damage with ailments" affect shock as well since it's more of a debuff than damage
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info