[3.1] [Theorycrafting] Scorching Ray Quad Totems Hieropant

Hello everyone!

This is going to be my starter in 3.1, so im posting it here for some feedback before the league starts.

The plan is to burn everything to the ground while standing safely behind our totems.

-This is the Skill Tree
Im using this Keystones:
-Ancestral Bond for an extra totem.
-Mind Over Matter for some extra defences.

-The gem set up should roughly look like this

Body Armour
Scorching Ray- Spell Totem - Increased Burning Damage - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Empower 3/4 (im not sure about empower, might be better using efficacy or deadly ailments)

Shield
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Sceptre
Immortal Call - Cast When Damage Taken - Increased Duration

Gloves
Orb of Storm - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Elemental Weakness

Helmet
Enduring Cry
We dont really need much else, flame dash might be usefull or a golem or another CWDT set up. This is completely up to personal preferences.

Boots
Kaom's Roots

Abyss League
I am not using all my sockets because i am hoping for some good abyss uniques and their socketable jewels

-No unique items are required but some really help, like Kaom's Roots, Hrimnor's Resolve and Doedre's Damning (Dual curse set up greatly increases single target dps)

Also the Doryani's Catalyst is nice, but i suggest placing a Molten Shell in there instead of the Immortal Call to benefit from the lvl. 20 Elemental Proliferation.

and last but not least the new shaped/elder body armour are 100% going to be a big power up for the build. Not sure tough if it is going to benefit more from the +# to lvl. of socketed gems or from the free links.

-Rare Gear
For armour just look for flat Life, Resistances and flat Mana.
For jewellery look for flat Life, Resistances and Mana Regeneration.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 12:59:37 AM
I played the same build last Hardcore Harbringer, but my tree was vastly different.
I used Searing Touch and no Empower. Also i tried to get some ES nodes, because what else are you gonna wear than ES stuff, so why not use that too as a nice one-hit-buffer.

you can look up my profile. there shouuld be a hierophant :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info