Need some player knowledge on 3.1 ascendency choice for sunder.

So after seeing sunder escape the nerfs ive decided to run it for a league starter. I however cant decide whether or not to go slayer or gladiator.

Basically i plan to use this character for farming maps for currency to build something else eventually. I also plan to be dual wielding this character on either slayer or gladiator.

So far im leaning towards gladiator simply for the bleed chance and explosions. Not to mention with vaal pact so close now im thinking it should outclass slayer.

On the other hand i could run slayer and have insane leech mixed with culling strike and just throw on some hemo gloves for some pack explosions.

Theres also berserker but i just cant see enough of a reason to grab him over thes two.

Ive never played sunder before and im newishh so some advice from people who know better then me would be great.

Thanks.

Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 1:18:59 AM
Sunder was technically hit by like a 28% nerf on single target damage because of the fix they did to the way it calculates damage
ok i just saw that. do we know the exact damage difference this makes? I mean who really uses sunder for single target either way. So im curious if that will make any clear difference?
Last edited by Soberishh on Dec 6, 2017, 5:17:30 AM
Bump
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hxa6d/quick_sunder_testing_not_a_nerf/
Its fine.

I don't know how good slayer with VP will be, but having explosions, ~60attack/~70spell block chance and insane attack speed is much better than just having very powerful leech.
"
explaiz wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hxa6d/quick_sunder_testing_not_a_nerf/
Its fine.

I don't know how good slayer with VP will be, but having explosions, ~60attack/~70spell block chance and insane attack speed is much better than just having very powerful leech.

It's not that clear-cut. Slayer has way higher single target (cull, onslaught, an extra "more multiplier") and better leech, gladiator has better defensive mechanics + bleed explosions for AoE clear. It's not really an outclass in favor of one class or another.

P.S. your block values are only possible if you invest in block.

EDIT: @Soberishh Single Target is (for me) just for unlocking atlas + doing labs with bad gear. As in 3.0 the single target was VERY solid on budget (beating some T1 single targets early on but falling off later).

Last edited by juerk on Dec 6, 2017, 4:48:20 PM
"
juerk wrote:

It's not that clear-cut. Slayer has way higher single target (cull, onslaught, an extra "more multiplier") and better leech, gladiator has better defensive mechanics + bleed explosions for AoE clear. It's not really an outclass in favor of one class or another.

Half of slayer's "more multiplier" and onslaught requires you to kill something recently.
You can easily corrupt prismatic eclipse or the princess for cull because its worth like 1c.

I don't really invest much in block: just 1 node around duelist and 2 around ranger, rumi and gladiator ascendancy.

I am sure that glad is superior for sunder, but slayer is much better with real AOE skills like Ice Crash, EQ or Cyclone.
"
explaiz wrote:
"
juerk wrote:

Half of slayer's "more multiplier" and onslaught requires you to kill something recently.
You can easily corrupt prismatic eclipse or the princess for cull because its worth like 1c.

Sure, but you can force this a lot of the time with kill timings, writhing jar flask, vaal breach, idk.

When it comes to cull, Slayer's cull is 20%, not 10% and you have to corrupt the prismatic first (fairly cheap but not that cheap day 1-2).

[/quote]I don't really invest much in block: just 1 node around duelist and 2 around ranger, rumi and gladiator ascendancy.

I am sure that glad is superior for sunder, but slayer is much better with real AOE skills like Ice Crash, EQ or Cyclone.

well, maybe you're right in the sense that sunderbuilds are limited when it comes to usable flasks. A basalt flask (which slayer would use as his 4. utilityflask) may very well be of less help than rumi's for glad.

But overall I've heard mixed opinion on the topic (glad/slayer). Not that I care too much, probably going to play till lvl 87-91 as a leaguestarter and stash the char away afterwards.
Last edited by juerk on Dec 6, 2017, 7:04:55 PM
"
juerk wrote:

probably going to play till lvl 87-91 as a leaguestarter and stash the char away afterwards.

Hey, this is my plan!
Ok, thanks a ton for both replies. It looks like its just preference and both are of the same tier. Im curious though will you guys be picking up vaal pact now that its sitting right next to the duelist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info