[3.1] [Theory] Dual Poets pen - Power Siphon - Bladefall - Glacial Cascade

First build guide

This is a theory build (till 3.1 comes out). Mostly a place holder until patch notes and more info comes out. Please post thoughts suggestions and improvements happy to take on input for this.

The concept:
With the new unique The Poet's Pen we get an several key benefits. The first being that we get to auto cast the active spell with each attack.

With that in mind we want to dual wield these, Running 6L Power Siphon on chest, Glacial Cascade in one and Bladefall in the other.

In addition we want to grab 2 of the new Threshold jewel for Glacial cascade giving us 100% conversion to Cold and a nice 30% increased cold damage.

This means we can scale generic Phys damage on our tree to boost Power Siphon + Both spells.

Power charges for extra crit and spell damage from base cast, leveraging Assassin for even more DPS.

+ taking dual wielding nodes for the extra attack speed and block for faster spells and survive-ability.

- initial 100 point Tree (to be improved) - http://poeurl.com/bDcc

Auras: Haste + Hatred
Last edited by Movian on Nov 29, 2017, 2:07:33 PM
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2018, 5:38:06 PM
You know that wand has 250 ms cd.

Also I think you should take way more defense.
That's why we are dual wielding them, if each wand has a 250ms cool down and we alternate casting which is how power siphon works.

We can theoretically get to 125 between casts, this is one of the reasons we are also using two different skills (one in each poet) this should keep the cool downs separate.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2034048/page/3#p15043694

let me look at adjusting the defenses
Last edited by Movian on Nov 30, 2017, 8:09:03 AM
Attack with a single wand will trigger 1 spell in each wand. This is confirmed by GGG.

I was thinking about going purely for spells with elemental damage. Lightning balls, fireballs, arc, etc etc and with regular COC build in the armor, with even more spells.

1 spell for each wands = 2
3 spells + coc + 2 supports, like gmp in main armor = 3
5 spells in total that would be triggered. it would be a nice storm of elements.

Or go with new detonate death and bodies generation that is coming with the new update and make process of creating bodies and detonating them semi-automatic.
I'm trying to think of a build that uses this and possibly a CoC setup as well. I'm not very good with the theory crafting side of things on this game since I haven't exposed myself to that much of it.

I've thought of just retro fitting a life based kinetic blast wander to use these wands. I really want to use Volatile Dead and focus on a lot of fire based spells. A better method may be to focus on physical damage with Unearth and Detonate Dead?

If CoC is viable then I'd probably want to go with Volatile Dead and Unearth in the wands and then Cremation and Rain of Fire(lasting effects) in the chest with Kinetic Blast.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYBAAQHBbUHHg5IEJIRLxGWFLAV7Ra_F7AYVhzcHwIfGCBuIuojNiP2JP0mlSj6KjgrCi0fMHEwfDGeMjIyNDbFOkI64TwtP3NBh0lRSotLeEyzTZJQMFFHUdlR-1MQVL1VxlZIXEBd8l6LYeJknWh0bWx1_YIegseDX4O9g8yD24RviEKNfY2_jxqPRo_6lSCVLpaLmmGgQ6LZplenCLCSsNi1SLc-uJO8b77uwcXB88M6x8rJRM0W0B_UI9RC1bnYJNi92YbaYt2o5ojnVOd06NbrY-vu6_XsGO_r8NXyHfJF-ej-Cv-T_94=

I went through the build and this is what I thought of based on your original tree of course, If you use life leech with the power siphon you can make use of the Vaal Pact, if not then everything else would be great and you can use the 3 points or so elsewhere.
Remember the wand will scale very well naturally.

Remember - if you want the build to be viable in any sense you're going to have to focus on defenses and taking damage where you can, in this rendition of the tree I thought of going for life clusters and jewel sockets, we take phase acrobatics and we take Elemental Overload, this means we don't have to scale crit with our spells, we're just going to deal more elemental damage if we crit in the 8 seconds and... well what are the chances we're not going to crit every 8 seconds? let's be honest we're using Power Siphon. So the extra 40% elemental damage will / should always be active.

Anyways if you like it then good and if you don't then sadface. Just trying to help with the build lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info