GGG i messed up! (account linking)

So, i had a path of exile account on steam that i used to play on, 1640 hours.
i stopped using it in january 2016 (Because of load times), and started using the standalone client.
i have a few mtx and characters on the steam account, i tried the linking thing, i was thinking that my mtx from steam would just get transferred to the standalone, but i checked my standalone and its the same, i just have the mtx i had on the standalone, i also checked the steam account, and it is the same as the standalone, = all my steam mtx gone, not bothered about the characters, but i had a few mtx i wanted to keep.
i know i know, i messed something up, my bad guys, if there is anything you can do, like adding my steam mtx's to my standalone mtx stash(characters on steam account you can delete.
i would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

Last edited by KingCaracticus on Nov 23, 2017, 5:15:22 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2017, 5:23:26 PM
You'll need to e-mail support@grindinggear.com. They can definitely reverse the account link for you - that won't be a problem - but I can't guarantee anything about purchases moving from one account to another. You'd need to talk with them about that.

To clarify, account linking facilitates logging into a Path of Exile account through Steam. The game wasn't always available on Steam, and the account linking tool enables people to benefit from Valve-offered functionality like trading cards, Steam auto-updating the game, buying supporter packs using your Steam Wallet, and that kind of thing.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Thanks, i have sent an email to support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info