War for the Atlas: Xbox One Timeline

Hi guys,

I wanted to provide some clarity on upcoming dates regarding the release of War for the Atlas on Xbox One!

As you know, we're releasing the PC version on December 8 (US time). We're trying to nail down an exact date for the Xbox One version. It's likely to be around a week after the PC release (Currently we're estimating between December 18-22). We'll let you know as soon as we know the date.

The new Abyss league launches on Xbox One alongside the War for the Atlas expansion. We plan to end the Harbinger league on Xbox One at the same time (i.e. it lasts right up until deployment, then it ends, we migrate characters, and launch the new expansion and league together).

The War for the Atlas supporter packs will be available for purchase when the expansion launches. At this time, the Harbinger and Oriath ones will be removed from sale. The Abyss packs will launch soon after release.

Sorry for the lack of communication around this so far. We'll let you know as soon as there's more information.

By the way, I'm also working on answering a bunch of frequently-asked community questions about the Xbox version (touching on trade, guilds, pvp, etc) and expect to post that next week.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Jeff_GGG on Dec 17, 2017, 2:16:33 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2017, 3:39:40 PM
"
DCDTDito wrote:
Have supporter pack upgrade been made available or will that not be deployed in time to be used on harbinger supporter pack?

We're still working on this, our goal is to have it out prior to the release of 3.1.0 on Xbox. As soon as it's working properly the patch will be submitted to certification.
"
Jauron wrote:
Should we still expect Chris's answers to frequently asked community questions regarding Xbox this week? I know I have been looking forward to seeing that to understand GGG's thinking on the future of Xbox.

We're feeling a little neglected right now.

I'm still working on these - sorry for the delay! I expect to have them ready within a few days.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Manningj wrote:
Has this date been discussed yet? The PC comes out really soon and I haven't seen much news about xbox yet.

The date hasn't be set it stone yet. Unfortunately it's quite difficult to give a date well ahead of time for such an update given how the patching process works. I understand from a players perspective this can be frustrating, but as soon as I have a date I'll be sure to share it immediately.

As for the questions from Chris, I'll have another chat with him today and see if he has a date in mind when he will be sharing them.
I had a chat with Chris just now about the questions he mentioned in his original post, we will be posting the responses to these tomorrow during the work day.
Spanish is included in the 3.1.0 release on Monday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info