Race Rewards - Feels Ripped Off

So, I finished in the top 40 of my ascendancy (lvl 95). The only reward I got was the reward everyone gets for hitting lvl 35.

This feels like a kick in the balls. In the future, I highly suggest adding rewards that are not so rng. A lvl 90 and lvl 100 guaranteed reward seems appropriate, as does a 'top 100' in ascendancy and overall.

Racing farther than thousands of other people, to only get a reward that you could get with 1 hour of playtime, just makes me angry. I'd rather have zero rewards and just do it to do than to feel slighted. I definitely won't be doing the next race, and I'm sure not in the mood to spend real $ on mtx in the near future.

My two cents, I can't imagine others don't feel the same.
Last edited by coopervegas on Nov 21, 2017, 11:47:21 AM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 4:37:20 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Up to lvl 90 in Turmoil...
Take MysteryBox and armours...ty
But, where are skull, portal and wings rewards?

Last edited by Clarau on Nov 21, 2017, 12:36:22 PM
they give out the same rewards (but guaranteed) if you support the game.
just saying.

imagine one could get alternate art item skins from items of previous races by supporting the game? a no go? nope, same thing but reversed logic.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yeah, I realized beforehand that odds were NOT going to be in the favor for most players; some 15,000 players hit level 85, and I think nearly 8,000 hit level 90. It appears that at pretty much any tier, the number of people in the drawing for each reward outnumbered the available by a minimum of 40 to 1.

I'm not sure if GGG simply failed to expect this sort of turnout (which'd be silly; they've had events before, and plan on growing, right?) or just aren't familiar with how the potential bitter taste can more than counter the urge to participate.

They really should re-think how they handle it, ESPECIALLY when there's no guaranteed reward past the mystery box EXCEPT for the 19 people who are the top of each ascendancy class. That's worse than even how it was back in the old 8-challenge league mechanic, where prizes were only handed to the first 100 players to complete all 8 challenges.

If GGG was afraid of dissuading people from buying more MTX, they could just always make it simply a another threshold mystery box; after all, with as many rewards as it can get (and the, say, 1.4% chance of getting a specific body armour) even giving multiple as a reward won't hurt them much at all... Or possibly even spur players to buy more boxes and/or the individual parts whenever they finally go on sale.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
the more i think about it, the more i think the whole mtx handling is poorly designed.

by supporting the game you can get expensive mtx but you can get them also by causing costs (playing leagues) and not supporting.

on the other hand, some non-supporter can get the most amazing ingame bling which you can't get for money (race rewards).

"fair" is different, imho. supporting this game doesn't really reward you, waiting for the next "sale" to optimise your support is.

sometimes i really wonder how this game got so far.

players who permanently support the game over the years have to choose which of the 60% their titles they want to display while "big onetime supporters" who may have supported less overall, have their custom avatars which are denied those supporters.

tl;dr instead of complaining about race rewards, be glad that ggg still hands out stuff other players support hard $ for. if i were in charge at ggg for the issue you would get a 3 month forum title and that's it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info