Names

You should consider releasing names from Accounts/Characters which arent used anymore since almost every Name is taken. Alot of Multiplayer games do this after a while. You keep the Characters from which you release the names and give them a free rename if the player should return in future. Its likely that someone wont come back after 5 Years. Your actual Playerbase would benefit from this.
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2017, 4:39:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
When GGG has done this in the past, they’ve annoyed quite a few people.

I’m personally in favour of it, but I’m not sure how often they wish to rock the boat.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Not a fan of releasing names, I quit two MMO´s because of that.

That being said, they could surely come up with a different method to address names. Why for instance, aren´t we logged in with a account name and this serves as our personal ID and no longer the hero name.

This would allow unlimited char names and might even improve the trade situation for an AH, if it ever comes.
It is my understanding they do release names. Any account that hasn't logged in for a year has the names available. If you pick one, the existing character gets a temporary name and the user gets a message if they ever log in again.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Nov 21, 2017, 11:08:22 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
It is my understanding they do release names. Any account that hasn't logged in for a year has the names available. If you pick one, the existing character gets a temporary name and the user gets a message if they ever log in again.

This is correct.

This changed this a little over a year ago if I'm not mistaken.

Any account that has not logged in for a solid year, will have all the characters names in that account released for anyone else to take.

If you are one of those people, and log in after 1 year, you will be prompted to make new names for characters. All items, your current character level, gems, etc will still be on your characters.

To prevent losing names, you can log in at any point, with any character to reset the 1 year timer. You do not need to load each individual character either, just log into the game.
Last edited by FireZombie on Nov 22, 2017, 12:37:32 AM
does login on forum counts or must it be login into the game?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
does login on forum counts or must it be login into the game?

I believe that you have to login to the game itself.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
Sarno wrote:
When GGG has done this in the past, they’ve annoyed quite a few people.

I’m personally in favour of it, but I’m not sure how often they wish to rock the boat.

Yeah people who sell names get annoyed of this... But who cares about them?
Last edited by BizzaOSRS on Nov 22, 2017, 4:39:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info