XP in blue maps vs yellow maps

It's amazing how much xp with less risk you're getting by just transmute/alt for pack size currently- since you have no bad mods and get a pack size the speed at which youre running makes running blue maps until high red maps pretty much always higher, if all you care about is xp

obviously there would be changes with the next expansion, but this is what I got from the turmoil race. and I dont think a simple "each mod adds pack size" quite fixes it, because it doesnt really take in account the danger of all additional mods - at some point as long as you can sustain maps pack size stops mattering as you can just move on to next map

especially if youre hc/ssf (or both) and dont have really high dps and need to be careful, there is no comparison. I would run any rare maps at around 75mxp/hr and blues would be 120m/hr.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 3:19:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You get best xp by going full retard on (double/triple)pack size + full retard on sextanting + Zana modding. Blue maps are just easier and cheaper, that's it, and you'll get shittier drops too.

"Each mod adds pack size" - surely mods will not add the same amount of packsize. There's no sense that for example "monster variety", "sea witches" and "-9% max res" give the same amount of packsize. Easy mods may give only 1% packsize, hard mods may give 12-14%. It wont fundamentally change anything.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 21, 2017, 1:40:26 AM
yeah but full retard on zana mods and sextants with well shaped atlas is hard to do in short race in ssf

blue maps, on other hand, are not.

my issue is that theres not enough xp gap between a blue map and a rare map currently

admittedly it's not a big issue at all and it's mostly applicable at yellow and entry level red maps.

I made the post because I don't usually race but I did this final push to 85 and just running blue maps at my level was way better for xp. then I saw Ubers stream and he was also running tons of maps blue,at level 99
Last edited by grepman on Nov 21, 2017, 4:12:04 AM
For leveling I use mostly blue maps because it's quicker and less expensive to obtain some pack size. Anyway it's safer but of course less rewarding for loot sakes.
... nothing
Hopefully, the increased pack size due to numerous mods on rares vs the only two on magic maps will address your concern and provide further incentive to play the difficult maps a lot more often...

GGG should go for the sweet spot and tune them to make magic maps provide up to a hard set limit of 50% of a rare map with 4 mods - as they also need to take into account that having 2 further mods might increase the difficulty by at least 50% for most builds..

The danger/reward ratios need to get in their place everywhere in PoE...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Ggg are aware, thats why every single mod will add slught pack size next season.
That way you cant get ultra risky mods with zero xp reward and opposit.
The only meangful factor influencing exp is related to pack sizes & extra magic mobs.
Irrelevant Thread.
They said they are buffing yellow mod density, for each mod you get more monster density. So that problem is gone. Unless if you can still sustain red maps just rolling blue mods then we have a big problem
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Nov 21, 2017, 3:20:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info