ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
faerwin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

I showed you the step by step guide. Just look up the official stats and do the maths if you're interested in the numbers. Something tells me you aren't and just want to ramble.

And I showed you that the data you provided is unusable because it makes no sense that some of the most racist states have close to no report of hate crimes happening.

He won't get because his statistics are apparently infallible, instead of actually unusable in inter-country comparisons.

He literally believes Sweden has the most rape in the world, and Canada the most kidnapping.

This sort of brainwashing is hard to de-program. Not sure how to go about doing that.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
the data you provided is unusable because it makes no sense that some of the most racist states have close to no report of hate crimes happening.
In other words, "Your statistics are wrong because my preconceived notions tell me a different story." How scientific of you.
Rubbish, the data is flawed for an intercountry comparison, it should not even be attempted because of huge inaccuracies, and bias and little comparability between two countries.
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
the data you provided is unusable because it makes no sense that some of the most racist states have close to no report of hate crimes happening.
In other words, "Your statistics are wrong because my preconceived notions tell me a different story." How scientific of you.
Rubbish, the data is flawed for an intercountry comparison, it should not even be attempted because of huge inaccuracies, and bias and little comparability between two countries.
His sources are the US FBI and Stats Canada, the Canadian national government's statistical agency. What bias and inaccuracies are you even talking about? Do you even know what you're talking about?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
His sources are the US FBI and Stats Canada, the Canadian national government's statistical agency. What bias and inaccuracies are you even talking about? Do you even know what you're talking about?

To do an intercountry comparison though, you need many things being similar

I've already talked about them, so have others.

The US data is biased low, as per the paper I showed, over half of hate crimes go unreported at the very least. Furthermore, not all police departments record/report hate crimes, notably many southern states.

The definition of hate crime is likely more lenient in the US.

Etc ad nauseaum

You just cannot compare two countries like that and call it a day.

ANd I did the math, as shown, Canada would have 9 times the number of hate crimes per capita! not 3x.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Cops are sometimes racist. More or less than the population as a whole, I don't know. My old neighbor of 25 years was black. (I'm white.) In those 25 years I never got stopped by the police once in our neighborhood. He got stopped and harassed at least a dozen times in our neighborhood. None of those times did he get a ticket or anything. It was just racial profiling and harassment.

What I do know though is that it is worse having a racist cop than a racist truck driver or racist computer programmer.

Define harassment? Because routinely stopping and searching black people in a neighbourhood where the statistics prove they commit most of the crimes is just the most effective method of discouraging and preventing crime.

Just like i would want cops to focus white people, hispanics or asians if they where the majority's commiting crimes.

If the aim is to reduce violence and crime in an area and you have a limited amount of resources then that is the best course of action.(prevention and public presence)

In the end, it's the high crime area's that are going to suffer the hardest under the "cops are racists" movement. Since cops will be more reluctant to patrol and demonstrate public presence in colored community's as a result of this movement and people are more likely to gang up on them under that slogan and infer intent.

Ironically i interpret racism as "the stigmatising of a group", which "cops are racists" actively does, cops being the group and racism being the negative inferred label upon them.

I don't think most people in "group-think" even realise this.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Define harassment? Because routinely stopping and searching black people in a neighbourhood where the statistics prove they commit most of the crimes is just the most effective method of discouraging and preventing crime.

This is racial profiling, which is illegal in the US.

"
Boem wrote:

Ironically i interpret racism as "the stigmatising of a group", which "cops are racists" actively does, cops being the group and racism being the negative inferred label upon them.

You can interpret words to mean whatever you want them to, but I think you would fail to find a dictionary that defines racism like that.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

No, it's wrong because they make no sense in context of the remaining statistics.

The data is incomplete and as such, is unusable.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Let me repeat.

"

Also, for the US "In 2016, over half of all hate crimes reported to the FBI came from just six states. Only 1,776 of roughly 17,895 police agencies reported at least one hate crime. Many states with the highest percentages of African-Americans – such as Mississippi, Arkansas and Alabama – barely reported any incidents."

I believe the canadian reports portray a relatively accurate situation of hate crime reports even if not all of them are reported (especially true with our first nations, sadly).

However, in the context of the US, it's just impossible that there's so few hate crimes when half the reports come from 6 states. It is illogical and flawed data. As such, that data is a worthless representation of reality.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

This is racial profiling, which is illegal in the US.

"
Boem wrote:

You can interpret words to mean whatever you want them to, but I think you would fail to find a dictionary that defines racism like that.

i found very little on racial profiling laws only some suggested laws that were never passed. I did find some debates wether it is a thing or just that certain ethnic groups are more involved in crimes and as a result of that are being targeted more often by cops.(which one would expect, if they were doing a normal job?)

For example a study showed that a police force was stopping more black and hispanic drivers for control. So they did a study and looked at the data from night-time(when racial prejudice cannot occur, since cars are stopped before race could be identified), nothing changed in the outcomes of the data sets.

As for my definition, it's just a more nuanced interpretation since i use it beyond "race" groups. I'm not demanding anybody to follow my definition i just find the whole act of stigmatising a group with the label racism inherently funny and thought i would point it out for others to have a chuckle.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : tell me why you think we should gather statistical data and then not utilize it to combat crime btw, it sort of intrigues me.
White people that want a nice and safe neighbourhood don't care if they are "stopped and required to identify themselves"
I assume the same goes for black people? Or for any citizen irrelevant of what ethnic group they belong to.

And from personal experience the identify part only happens if you act suspiciously or trigger the cops with certain behavior.(race no doubt is part of this, but so is talking back or testing them or facial/body language etc etc)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Apr 26, 2019, 4:50:11 PM
If you're told every day on every TV channel and in every movie and song that America is racist, it's hard to disbelieve it, but it's not true.

Hate crimes have risen recently (primarily anti-semitic, but I guess we're not supposed to talk about that), but they're still a nearly non-existent segment of crime by percentage. And that's to say nothing of the litany of hate crime hoaxes that we've all been watching parade in.

More people from more diverse backgrounds move here than any other country, per capita. If America was a horrible, racist ethnostate where whitey reigned supreme, why would people want to move here? The success stories of America abound, and there is zero systemic racism, zero limitations.

The reality is simple: Nobody in America gives a fuck what color you are. Pay your taxes, don't commit crimes, and do your part in making America the best country in the world.

It's a lie to call Americans racists. Race hustlers know how to ride that lie to fame and power, but they have no reality to stand on. They scare people for power, telling them that "the white man is keeping you down" and "the brown people are gonna breed you out of existence"... fuck them. Leave them behind in the dustbin of history where they belong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info