ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
1453R wrote:

Estimated voter turnout for the 2016 general election is listed as ~55%, at least per Wikipedia (don't grief me on this, I don't memorize these statistics because Wikipedia exists for a reason). If we assume half of the remainder (~22% of the country's population, let's say) had decided to protest the shitty primaries in this manner, by showing up to vote for whichever third party had the goofiest name?

Let's discount 7% of that total as folks writing in Snoopy or Gandhi or whatever (though if we're heading for a nuclear war anyways, Gandhi might've been a good choice KEK KEK). So. 15% of the country's population voting third party purely as a protest over the shitty primaries giving us a shitty GE, splitting that vote count between a number of candidates. Call it ~3% total U.S. population per third-party stooge, in addition to whatever portion of the regular GE vote they already managed to get.

A question: is this enough to get those parties into the debates next time? I legit don't know, the rules and regulations behind campaigning are baroque as hell and I don't know how to research them. Even if it's not though, imagine the message that sends to these people - both the Repubs and the Dems scored roughly ~45% percent of the 55% total voter turnout, so rightabouts ~25% of the total population of the country voted for their candidate.

Imagine the horror on these people's faces when very nearly the same percentage votes for someone outside their little sandcastle war entirely. 25% Dem, 25% Repub, 22% Other.

I'd love to see the response to that from the bloated corpsebeasts currently running this place into the ground.

Isn't that asking people who don't vote to vote? Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? Like asking vegans to eat meat.

It is wishful thinking to assume votes for third parties may actually scare existing parties. Less scary than Democrats is to Republican and Republicans to Democrats, that didn't change their positions or policies. What would scare them is a strong viable third party that can win, grow and replace them.

Showing up to vote in primaries will scare the parties, and change them. A bunch of wrestling fans showed up in open primary states and got Trump elected, instead of Cruz.

Primaries are the best way to change things. Wrestling fans proved that as a fact in 2016.
"
deathflower wrote:

Isn't that asking people who don't vote to vote? Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? Like asking vegans to eat meat.

It is wishful thinking to assume votes for third parties may actually scare existing parties. Less scary than Democrats is to Republican and Republicans to Democrats, that didn't change their positions or policies. What would scare them is a strong viable third party that can win, grow and replace them.

The point is that people should vote. Even if you hate both parties and can't stand to vote for either main candidate, go vote. For someone. If the country is consistently seeing almost as much support for non-Dem/Repub candidates as it is for Dems/Repubs, the system will change. It will have to. Not because they want it to, but because the assumptions the current system is built on will have changed.

Folks saying "screw this noise nobody's worth my vote" are ruining things for everyone else. DO you think you'd see such a disgraceful thing as 55% turnout in a country holding elections for the first time after overthrowing its dictator du jour? Why is almost half of this country skipping out on its most fundamental civic responsibility okay?
Such a great person, first "shitcountries" thing and now that i never said that lol. Which is ofc true cos spoken words hurt more. Nice President. World is falling apart!

I really wouldn't be suprised if oprah was president when i wake up. fuck democracy
Last edited by fxb on Jan 12, 2018, 6:44:38 PM
Trump's comments just reassure me that I voted for the right person.
haîtians, as a people, are the nicest people I've ever met. I've worked on the canadian census of last year and they were the ones that were, by far, the most welcoming, kind and understanding people I've had the pleasure of working with. The worst one I've had to deal with was someone that politely and calmly refused to participate.

Calling Haitian a shit people is just blatantly racist.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

It's a good thing he didn't say that, then.

Haiti can be a shithole country full of nice, hard-working people. It can be corrupted and broken through no fault of the average Joe that wants to immigrate to America for a brighter future.

Of course I'd rather he just keep his big mouth shut. This is the second most shameful thing he's said after the Charlottesville equivalence.
"
faerwin wrote:
haîtians, as a people, are the nicest people I've ever met. I've worked on the canadian census of last year and they were the ones that were, by far, the most welcoming, kind and understanding people I've had the pleasure of working with. The worst one I've had to deal with was someone that politely and calmly refused to participate.

I used to work apartment maintenance. Did it for 3 years. There were a few Hatian families that showed up over the years. The thing is, this place was bordering higher end. Townhouses were $1250/month, when $750/month will usually get you a decent apartment here, in a low crime area. None of the Haitians worked. At least, that's what the manager told me. But could somehow afford middle class accommodations.

Anyway, one of the other guys on the crew got a call to one of the townhouses. The place was so nasty, that he called child protective services on them (we were required to do this). They showed up, and child protective services took the kids away. The place was that nasty, no joke.

It took me and one other guy nearly a month to clean the place out and get it in a presentable state. We had to roach bomb the place twice.

- I had to remove all the cabinets and appliances out of the kitchen, and knock out the walls, and then bomb the place again to finally kill all the roaches.

- There was a problem with black ants. We found that they were nesting in a pile of clothes in the corner of a closet. Roaches and mice were nesting in there too.

- Walls in several of the rooms had a black mold, I wasn't sure what caused it, but one of the HVAC guys told me that's typical when someone never runs the air. These walls had to be scrubbed, and then we put a layer of kilz down afterwards.

- Lots of holes in the walls, stains/nicks/scratches on the hardwood floors. Hardwood floors had to be sanded, filled in with putty in spots, and refinished.

- 2 bathrooms in this place. As you could probably guess by now, they were trashed. There were diapers just tossed down in the corner near the toilet. The place smelled like piss, like people just pissed all over the floor, and couldn't hit the toilet. The shower wasn't in too bad of shape though, looked like it rarely got used, but there was a few shitty diapers laying in the shower. The floor around the sink had water damage. Like someone left the sink running for too long.

- Carpets. All nasty, they had to be ripped out. These people were only here for like 8 months or a year.

- We had to literally get tyvex suits and respirators when we first went in to clean this place out. Everything they owned was nasty/trashed. Even the TV they left had roaches in it. Roaches were nesting in the TV.

- They had an 8 year old boy. There was crayon, marker, pens/pencil markings all over the walls in his room. It wasn't unusual for markings to be on the walls of a kids room, but what do you think an 8 year old Haitian boy likes drawing on walls? Penii. Lots and lots of penii. In every color, shape, size, and type drawing instrument you can think of. We had to scrub the walls and some spots needed up to 3 coats of primer.

Faerwin, that's just one of the Haitian residences I had to clean out. I'm not going to go into any further details as to not hijack this topic, but yeah.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jan 12, 2018, 9:28:43 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

It's a good thing he didn't say that, then.

Haiti can be a shithole country full of nice, hard-working people. It can be corrupted and broken through no fault of the average Joe that wants to immigrate to America for a brighter future.

Of course I'd rather he just keep his big mouth shut. This is the second most shameful thing he's said after the Charlottesville equivalence.

If he just said that Haiti is a shithole, that would be a thing. But he did it in context of Haitians people that wanting to stay in the US but him refusing because he's extrapolating that since Haiti is a shithole (in his mind), its population is also shit.

Now, it MIGHT be that he consider them shit for other reasons that their skin color but when Trump is a blatant racist person (obvious to anyone that's sane), the most probable reason is racism. Maybe it's because he consider poor people to be trash, or even a combination of both. Hard to say when you have someone that has contempt for the majority of the world...
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

I used to work apartment maintenance. Did it for 3 years. There were a few Hatian families that showed up over the years. The thing is, this place was bordering higher end. Townhouses were $1250/month, when $750/month will usually get you a decent apartment here, in a low crime area. None of the Haitians worked. At least, that's what the manager told me. But could somehow afford middle class accommodations.

Anyway, one of the other guys on the crew got a call to one of the townhouses. The place was so nasty, that he called child protective services on them (we were required to do this). They showed up, and child protective services took the kids away. The place was that nasty, no joke.

It took me and one other guy nearly a month to clean the place out and get it in a presentable state. We had to roach bomb the place twice.

- I had to remove all the cabinets and appliances out of the kitchen, and knock out the walls, and then bomb the place again to finally kill all the roaches.

- There was a problem with black ants. We found that they were nesting in a pile of clothes in the corner of a closet. Roaches and mice were nesting in there too.

- Walls in several of the rooms had a black mold, I wasn't sure what caused it, but one of the HVAC guys told me that's typical when someone never runs the air. These walls had to be scrubbed, and then we put a layer of kilz down afterwards.

- Lots of holes in the walls, stains/nicks/scratches on the hardwood floors. Hardwood floors had to be sanded, filled in with putty in spots, and refinished.

- 2 bathrooms in this place. As you could probably guess by now, they were trashed. There were diapers just tossed down in the corner near the toilet. The place smelled like piss, like people just pissed all over the floor, and couldn't hit the toilet. The shower wasn't in too bad of shape though, looked like it rarely got used, but there was a few shitty diapers laying in the shower. The floor around the sink had water damage. Like someone left the sink running for too long.

- Carpets. All nasty, they had to be ripped out. These people were only here for like 8 months or a year.

- We had to literally get tyvex suits and respirators when we first went in to clean this place out. Everything they owned was nasty/trashed.

Faerwin, that's just one of the Haitian residences I had to clean out. I'm not going to go into any further details as to not hijack this topic, but yeah.

I can assure you this happens with every nationalities. I had some extremely unclean apartments (there was one I couldn't even step in due to the horribly rancid smell coming out of it) and some extremely clean ones. Like, manor level of cleanliness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info