ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Mentoya wrote:
Well at least many of those associated with NOAA believe in Climate Change and that it is a growing concern, as they've been on the Weather Channel Documentaries stating such.

They do, and they **think** global warming will make hurricanes worse, but their data doesn't show this has happened. In their defense, a 'tipping' mechanism (akin to the threshold energy level involved in some chemical reactions) could be involved that they aren't aware of yet.

]
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
faerwin wrote:
They have the same potential as whites when it comes to IQ. It all come down to education and nutrition (malnutrition can cause the brain to not fully develop).

Nutrition is by far the largest factor. Any woman of child bearing age who even thinks she might be possibly considering or may have a child - even the very slightest amount, needs to be eating healthy and/or supplementing with prenatal vitamins.

There is no make up test later in life for that initial fetal development period.

IQ isn't a factor of education. The ability to succeed can certainly be increased by education.

"
faerwin wrote:
Does genetic play a role in IQ, yes, but not on the sample size of an entire ethnic.

Genetic determination of IQ is hit and miss. If one or both of the parents have a high IQ, the chances of the child having a high IQ increase, but still aren't guaranteed. If they knew which genetic switches caused it, there would be active efforts to engineer it for children of the extremely wealthy.

As most scientists don't conduct such manipulative experiments on humans - YET - , it will be awhile before they are discovered. There are some rogue scientists and a couple rogue nations working on it currently.

"
faerwin wrote:
Genetics do play a role in muscles disposition. That much is scientifically proven and in that regard, blacks are advantaged.

If someone said, hey Faerwin, how'd you like to make 2-20 million a year - legally? You would probably at least listen. If they told you your odds were semi-decent, you might even give it a shot.

Professional sports opportunity is based off of athletic ability and skill. When a lot more people are competing at an early age and working towards that goal, you get more successes. Those who grow up thinking that is the only chance for success fight even harder.

There was a similar phenomenon in music long ago, where British musicians outdid American musicians for quite awhile. It wasn't anything cultural or genetic, it was that for many of the British musicians - music was the only chance they had. It was succeed somewhat or go broke. For the Americans, it was something between a hobby and a fling. If music didn't work out, they would go on with school or some other job. The American musicians weren't as hungry/desperate for success.

There is certainly a genetic component regarding how much fast twitch muscle fiber someone has vs slow twitch fiber, but that slight edge is only that, an edge.

https://www.fitlifecovered.com/blog/fast-twitch-muscle-capacity-limited

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/00/04/16/reviews/000416.16holtlt.html

I haven't seen much research either way on it yet, but one interesting theory is that it isn't just muscles - the very best athletes have a nervous system that reacts faster than average as well.

"
faerwin wrote:
White privilege is absolutely real. Just look at police reactions when dealing with white vs black

If you quantified that per specific interaction, the results would show the opposite of what you claim. The number of such interactions is quite different, but the cause of that has more to do with the difference in number and types of crimes.

The information that is shown for the public to see is only a very small and biased portion of the whole. It would be like a big news channel showing Mathil and claiming that Path of Exile was so childish and easy that anyone could make a build out of just about anything and steam roll all content, and they could all support themselves off of their Path of Exile gaming.

It would be true for a few people, but as a generalization it would be terrible. As PoE players, we know it because we are heavily involved in the game.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Khoranth wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
Is the average IQ of a black person lower than that of a white person? Yes, but NOT because of skin pigment. It's simply a case of having a lot of underdeveloped countries with a majority of black people living in them that cause the disparity.

They have the same potential as whites when it comes to IQ. It all come down to education and nutrition (malnutrition can cause the brain to not fully develop).

I'm willing to bet that blacks in the US that live in the middle class class, are not immigrants (or immigrated at a young age, which allowed them to get education) have an average IQ extremely close to equivalent whites.

Does genetic play a role in IQ, yes, but not on the sample size of an entire ethnic.

Genetics do play a role in muscles disposition. That much is scientifically proven and in that regard, blacks are advantaged.

White privilege is absolutely real. Just look at police reactions when dealing with white vs black

What kid of racist, hateful garbage is this? There are lots of African immigrants at my Church, and they are all highly educated and successful.

Where do you people come up with this nonsense? Maybe you should take the time to get to know an African immigrant before writing hateful trash like this. They have good schools in Africa, maybe do some reasearch?

In general, immigration do a screening of a population before allowing people in. As such, you generally get the elites of a nation when they immigrate, especially from African countries.

If they had the chance to get an education, I'm happy for them. It doesn't change the fact that education and proper nutrition are nowhere near sufficient in these countries for the vast majority of the population.

If anything, it reinforce the idea that genes have very little to do with intelligence and it's much more a factor of environment and nutrition.

Edit: a white person (or any ethnic, really) that face the harsh condition of the majority of african countries would suffer the same consequences, btw.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Nov 14, 2018, 9:51:05 AM
Most countries in Africa are fantastic, sure there are a few exceptions, but just cause they aren't structured the same as white people countries doesn't make them worse. WOW

I would consider most countries in Africa to be superior to Europe descent countries, for the most part
Last edited by Khoranth on Nov 14, 2018, 9:57:47 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:

If someone said, hey Faerwin, how'd you like to make 2-20 million a year - legally? You would probably at least listen. If they told you your odds were semi-decent, you might even give it a shot.

Professional sports opportunity is based off of athletic ability and skill. When a lot more people are competing at an early age and working towards that goal, you get more successes. Those who grow up thinking that is the only chance for success fight even harder.

There was a similar phenomenon in music long ago, where British musicians outdid American musicians for quite awhile. It wasn't anything cultural or genetic, it was that for many of the British musicians - music was the only chance they had. It was succeed somewhat or go broke. For the Americans, it was something between a hobby and a fling. If music didn't work out, they would go on with school or some other job. The American musicians weren't as hungry/desperate for success.

There is certainly a genetic component regarding how much fast twitch muscle fiber someone has vs slow twitch fiber, but that slight edge is only that, an edge.

https://www.fitlifecovered.com/blog/fast-twitch-muscle-capacity-limited

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/00/04/16/reviews/000416.16holtlt.html

I haven't seen much research either way on it yet, but one interesting theory is that it isn't just muscles - the very best athletes have a nervous system that reacts faster than average as well.

That advantage isn't so big that it's impossible to overcome but it exist. Like you say, it's an edge.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
Khoranth wrote:
Most countries in Africa are fantastic, sure there are a few exceptions, but just cause they aren't structured the same as white people countries doesn't make them worse. WOW

I would consider most countries in Africa to be superior to Europe descent countries, for the most part

I didn't know that malnutrition, lack of access to clean water, lack of proper education, lack of job security (and I mean it as "you can die on the job"), lack of health systems were seen as fantastic.

The population itself is often fantastic, that I'd agree with.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
My parents were racist. They didn't consider themselves racist though. They didn't hate blacks. They just thought that blacks were not as intelligent but perhaps more athletic than whites. They did not meet any black people until they were grown. I suspect that most racist are like my parents. I, of course, loved my parents. They didn't try to make me racist but did try to impress on me that I should never date a black woman.

My parents voted Democrat their whole lives with only two exceptions. They voted for George Wallace. My father had passed away by the time that Obama ran. My mother did not vote for Obama. She said that if he won the election then he would only help blacks. They were good people but, I wouldn't want someone like them to be a police officer or in an elected office, especially not President of the United States.
I've got a fewquestions prior to a full response.

1. Do you believe intelligence in humans is to some degree genetic, and if so to what degree?
2. Same as Question 1, but for athleticism.
3. Do you believe that "white privilege" is real?

1. Don't know, don't care
2. Don't know, don't care
3. If white privilege means does society give some advantages to whites in the USA then yes. If white privilege means do white people deserve to have some advantage in our society in the USA then no.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Khoranth wrote:

By what measure? Really curious about this.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Please define white privilege.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

By what measure? Really curious about this.

I go by quality of people. People in the USA are mostly obsessed with material possessions, greedy and exist in exclusive social bubbles. We have a political party entirely based around being obsessed with other people's money & possessions.

We have extremely high suicide rates, high rates of people strung out on hard drugs, high rates of people killing eachother, most people dont wanna have barely any children (or none) because they're afraid they will have less material wealth if they have children.

Clearly having plentiful money, food, healthcare is NOT making people happy. Most in the USA are obsessed with having more.

Maybe some foreign European descent countries aren't as bad as the USA, I dont know
Last edited by Khoranth on Nov 14, 2018, 11:04:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info