ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

A religion thread...yeah that would end well and definitely would not get locked.
Correlation is not causation. The fact that In and Un are making strides now, against all logic and reason, doesn't necessarily mean that it's Trump's doing.

Certainly Moon Jae-in believes Trump had a hand in it. Perhaps he even did. All righty, there ya go. If true, the man has accomplished one thing during his term in office so far that is worthy of praise.

Shall we count the hundreds of things he's done that're worthy of condemnation, instead? Managing to be the man in office when the Ghost of Christmas Future took over Kim's brain and pushed him to the negotiation table does not excuse the fact that the man continues to turn this country right here into a place I want to live a little less every single day.
"
1453R wrote:
Correlation is not causation. The fact that In and Un are making strides now, against all logic and reason, doesn't necessarily mean that it's Trump's doing.

Certainly Moon Jae-in believes Trump had a hand in it. Perhaps he even did. All righty, there ya go. If true, the man has accomplished one thing during his term in office so far that is worthy of praise.

Shall we count the hundreds of things he's done that're worthy of condemnation, instead? Managing to be the man in office when the Ghost of Christmas Future took over Kim's brain and pushed him to the negotiation table does not excuse the fact that the man continues to turn this country right here into a place I want to live a little less every single day.

Why are you denying the obvious on the one hand (Trump the reason the peace in the koreas is coming) then smoke screening the fact with some social justice warrior complaint list?

We get it, you don't like Trump.

If you like living here less and less every day, what's the point of saying it if no matter how bad it gets for you, you'll still live here?

Why do so many liberals say such things yet they never ever leave?

Do you believe somehow someone will side with you intellectually if you stomp your feet and say the country is so bad and worse every day?

News for you... my kind just roll our eyes and have a laugh.

Trump won... get over it.

Thank him for peace in the korean peninsula
The USA supremacists here are pretty disgusting. It's almost like I'm looking at another religion. If this is what 'nationalism' leads to, I'll need to rethink my stance on it.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
let his dwindling fans have their moment I guess. If their idea of diplomacy and peace-making is tantamount to, 'cut this shit out or we'll nuke you off the face of the earth', that's fine; I'm pretty sure the Nobel Prize requirements are a little more stringent than that.
My idea of peacemaking is not simply nuking another country off the face of the earth if they do something we don't like. That's just vulgar violence.

My idea of peacemaking is conveying the impression that we will nuke another country off the face of the earth if they do something we don't like (and that we have good reason not to). That's a threat, and threats are more about perception than they're about reality.

Naturally, the danger in any threat is the possibility that it might not be believed (or that it might be believed but seen as an acceptable loss, but we can rule that out here). If this happens, it's difficult to be seen as credible in the future without carrying out the promise of retaliation made yesterday. I understand that's what you're worried about, because you've dehumanized the leadership of North Korea. You see the government of North Korea as entirely subservient to a madman who is, by virtue of his insanity, blessed with an inability to fear consequence and thus an immunity to intimidation.

Interesting, don't you think, that that's pretty much how you view Donald Trump? But even if Donald Trump is crazy, he possesses no magic immunity to the human condition; like everyone else, the Donald rationalizes his decisions as pursuing some greater good within his own self-constructed worldview. When will you realize that by making monsters out of such people, you make them as gods?

No one on this planet or in all of history, no matter how evil, is so far gone that, if you walked in their shoes, you couldn't see how they believe that what you call evil is actually good. I thought that was the whole point of Yagami's character in Death Note - by which I mean Thomas Aquinas.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 1, 2018, 12:22:50 AM
Sometimes... people who lose can't face reality so they construct fantasies in their minds where they are super smart and everyone else is dumb.

Which in turn, just makes the victors, win all the more, because while their enemies are off constructing new realities where they and their 87 other genders are supreme, the victors are living in reality and being constructive and resourceful.

In this case, it's why Trump is being thanked by the south korean leader as the man who brought the two sides together for what will probably be a lasting eternal peace.

It helps to live in reality.

Bush couldn't do it... obama couldn't do it...

Trump... We're Doing It.

He's helping on crime... helping on the border... helping across the pacific... helping on taxes.

Others?

"Trump isn't even for 87 genders and he had nothing to do with Korea probably gonna unify regardless of what south korea says and the border wall is mean and taxes in people pockets are great but the rich got more so i'm angryyyyyy".

And you wonder why PA and MI, both very democrat states, voted republican?

#LiveInRealityCuzIt'sBest

#USA

#Murica

#†
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
let his dwindling fans have their moment I guess. If their idea of diplomacy and peace-making is tantamount to, 'cut this shit out or we'll nuke you off the face of the earth', that's fine; I'm pretty sure the Nobel Prize requirements are a little more stringent than that.
My idea of peacemaking is not simply nuking another country off the face of the earth if they do something we don't like. That's just vulgar violence.

My idea of peacemaking is conveying the impression that we will nuke another country off the face of the earth if they do something we don't like (and that we have good reason not to). That's a threat, and threats are more about perception than they're about reality.

Naturally, the danger in any threat is the possibility that it might not be believed (or that it might be believed but seen as an acceptable loss, but we can rule that out here). If this happens, it's difficult to be seen as credible in the future without carrying out the promise of retaliation made yesterday. I understand that's what you're worried about, because you've dehumanized the leadership of North Korea. You see the government of North Korea as entirely subservient to a madman who is, by virtue of his insanity, blessed with an inability to fear consequence and thus an immunity to intimidation.

Interesting, don't you think, that that's pretty much how you view Donald Trump? But even if Donald Trump is crazy, he possesses no magic immunity to the human condition; like everyone else, the Donald rationalizes his decisions as pursuing some greater good within his own self-constructed worldview. When will you realize that by making monsters out of such people, you make them as gods?

No one on this planet or in all of history, no matter how evil, is so far gone that, if you walked in their shoes, you couldn't see how they believe that what you call evil is actually good. I thought that was the whole point of Yagami's character in Death Note - by which I mean Thomas Aquinas.

Donald Trump deserves a little credit for North and South Korean peace agreement but China’s agreement to the North Korea sanctions was far more important.

Not all murderers are evil. Being Evil would imply malicious intention. Yagami is an self righteous arrogant deluded murderer. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

"
deathflower wrote:

Donald Trump deserves a little credit for North and South Korean peace agreement but China’s agreement to the North Korea sanctions was far more important.

And of course the Chinese acted all on their own accord; they had this all planned out for years, and then along comes this Trump guy, stealing all the credit. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
deathflower wrote:

Apparently Moon Jae-In disagrees and thinks Trump should get a peace prize for all this.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/asia/south-korea-trump-nobel-prize-intl/index.html

So I'm gonna go with maybe he did more than we thought.
"
j33bus wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Apparently Moon Jae-In disagrees and thinks Trump should get a peace prize for all this.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/asia/south-korea-trump-nobel-prize-intl/index.html

So I'm gonna go with maybe he did more than we thought.

Moon Jae-In is being humble when he say he doesn't deserve Nobel Peace Prize, and Trump does. Trump doesn't understand the context and Asian culture, Neither does CNN.

Better ask the Norwegian Nobel Committee members, I will believe it when they say yes. Moon Jae-In saying Trump deserve a prize doesn't do a shit. And I say I deserve a chocolate cake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info