RIP in race, looking for advice!

I did my first HC SSF race and died at level 83. I'm looking for some general advice for being a bit faster as it took me 3 days to get to Kitava. Any advice is appreciated!

Also, here's some fun loot I found (couldn't use most of it unfortunately):

Spoiler

Edit: The 3 days to Kitava equaled about 18 hours of play time.
Last edited by seanxjohnson on Nov 15, 2017, 1:35:53 PM
Last bumped on Nov 16, 2017, 2:39:59 AM
Better than I have done... got to Act 4 and died to Malachi and act 6 and ripped in a breach.

Shake it off and re-roll. Or don't. Totally up to you.
All that stuff and only got to lvl 83 -_- how is it people are so lucky in this game?

It shouldnt take you more than 10 hours to get to Kitava. Though in SSF in a new restart it could take you a little longer. I had some AFK time on my guy and I grinded to 70ish before facing Kitava so it's hard to say, but I think I landed somewhere around 10 hours
"
All that stuff and only got to lvl 83 -_- how is it people are so lucky in this game?

It shouldnt take you more than 10 hours to get to Kitava. Though in SSF in a new restart it could take you a little longer. I had some AFK time on my guy and I grinded to 70ish before facing Kitava so it's hard to say, but I think I landed somewhere around 10 hours

Any advice to get there faster? I was admittedly playing very safe and slow, but next time I want to be faster. Any guides you'd recommend that deal with HC races?
Guides, no unfortunately not. For me it was all about comfort in playing HC. And if you're looking to get into the tops of the ladder then 10 hours is probably too long. A lot of those guys, unless it's SSF, team up too.

Generally, what I do, is run by everything until it piles up behind me, spam whatever I'm using at the time behind me, kill the group (never waste your time trying to kill the stragglers). Keep an eye on your level and gauge where you are and aren't comfortable.

For me, I typically end up in the Docks in A3 at lvl 24-25. If I'm above that then I know I spent too much time messing around and will blow through the next couple zones until my level balances out to what I'm used to. If I'm below that I know I need to do better killing packs of things. I'll usually sit 3 levels or so below the zone level.

An item filter was actually probably the 1 biggest change for me if you don't have one. I don't pick up garbage anymore and, since it's a race and I'll probably only play this one guy, I only actually pick up stuff that might be an upgrade for this specific character (or if it's valuable of course).
Last edited by icebreather106 on Nov 15, 2017, 1:43:00 PM
I died at 83 as well also my first hc race.
For advice well i noticed i leveled up to much in the campain.
I was to cautious leveling and i could have gone lot faster,the bosses realy arent that bad or hard.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
I died at 83 as well also my first hc race.
For advice well i noticed i leveled up to much in the campain.
I was to cautious leveling and i could have gone lot faster,the bosses realy arent that bad or hard.

I believe I suffered from this as well, I had 4k HP, 500 ES, and 1.5 MoM before I did Kitava. I feel like that was overcompensating. I think if the future I'll go in much earlier and work on the balance between DPS and survivability a bit better.
That comes with learning the fights too.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
That comes with learning the fights too.

I agree. I feel extremely comfortable A1-A4, only because I've killed them hundreds of times. For A5+ I probably only have 15-25 for each. I'll add boss practice to my list.
There are 2 variants: you use weak build or you have little amount of actions per minuite and very lazy. Use quicksilver flasks as much as you can (you must have effect of this wonder flasks permanent). Use builds with easy leveling. Try to sell trash to vendors more faster. Ignore not the main quests and quests that not give you skill points. If you have a big amount of loot and high item rarity/quantity try use more conditions in your loot filter (it distracts alot and you lose time).

SS exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info