Changing default stash tab order for new leagues

Hello,

I have 75 stash tabs. I bought 70 Premium Stash Tabs before GGG implemented:
- Currency Stash Tab,
- Divination Stash Tab,
- Premium Quad Stash Tab,
- Essence Stash Tab.

Now, when new league starts my first 70 tabs are premium, then 71, 72 are currency, 73 is card, 74 quad, 75 essence. I have to drag those 5 special tabs to be at the beginning. It takes a while to set up and is especially inconvenient during races.

Is there a way to change the default order of tabs?

I am willing to pay for a feature where you can save the order, name and color of your tabs for future leagues.

I found a thread from 2013 saying
"
Jason_GGG wrote:
This is something that is being looked into for the future
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2022, 7:57:18 AM
I just got reply from support

"
I'm afraid that we are unable to change the default order for stash tabs, however, I have gone ahead and forwarded your feedback on to the relevant team members to consider.

Hoping next year we get something.

@GGG I can write the web GUI for you if you expose JSON webservice for retrieving current order and storing updated one

Could be as simple as GET/PUT to https://www.pathofexile.com/account/default-stash-tabs
"

{
"id": "6382881",
"name": "Unsorted",
"order": "1",
"type": "premium",
"color": "4"
},
{
"id": "6338274",
"name": "Gems",
"order": "2",
"type": "quad",
"color": "2"
},
{
"id": "6947578",
"name": "My bank",
"order": "3",
"type": "currency",
"color": "5"
}
]

Validation logic
- too long name (I tested 0-31 characters is accepted)
- can't change type
- name/color can be set only for premium tabs (or non premium tabs could be unavailable for this tool)
- wrong id
- color should be between 1 and 27

When PUT have 2 items with same order (or missing) pick random
Last edited by Kien on Nov 13, 2017, 1:23:46 AM
+1 for wanting a setting for predefined tab layout.

This is mandatory for all special tabs, and would be really good for the whole (predefined names and colours for premium tabs).

Another nice QoL would be a possibility to select multiple tabs (at least as a row without gaps) to shift them as a block (and recolour them at once).
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Nov 13, 2017, 4:07:06 AM
ya that would be so nice
I wonder, when starting a new league, couldn't they copy the player's stash tag layout and configuration from the Standard League? Rather then having a fixed default for everyone, that would let each player set up their own default in Standard that is then installed for them in leagues. (disregard Remove Only tabs, obviously)
Last edited by Phadin on Nov 14, 2017, 9:17:20 AM
I'd sure love to preserve my stash tab layout, and reapply it to the next league. It's set up to support, well, what I do. Right now my plan is to write it down in a doc, so I can recreate it next time. That feels ... suboptimal.

Various vendor recipes really benefit from structure in the tabs, for sure, and it seems painful to just set it all up again and again.
Drives me nuts too.
Censored.
"
Phadin wrote:
I wonder, when starting a new league, couldn't they copy the player's stash tag layout and configuration from the Standard League?

Great idea!

In that case we wouldn't even need a separate stash tab management GUI. I guess it would need to be opted-in per player as some may like existing "fresh start" experience. One labeled checkbox would be enough.

"
|_| Copy standard stash tab configuration to new leagues

I agree so much with the fact that it is too time consuming to reorder tabs every time for the new leagues. Renaming is a bit annoying too, but not as bad as the ordering. Why not make all the premium tabs appear first instead of being pushed back very last? And specialty tabs appear very first? But yes, copying the setup from the standard/hc/ssf/hcssf for appropriate new leagues, or just from standard, with an option to opt out, makes sense.

Edit: Also, shouldn't this post rather be in the Feedback And Suggestions category?
Last edited by doqunbop on Nov 25, 2017, 10:34:18 AM
"
doqunbop wrote:
shouldn't this post rather be in the Feedback And Suggestions category?

In current form it should.
I started in "Help" because didn't know if there is a solution or a workaround for this problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info