Trade Manifesto

"
Nikuksis wrote:
I like the idea of SSF, but i cant use it since i playing with my wife in party.

If there will be some party-self-found it could be awesome.

Just play non-SSF, party with your wife and nobody else, and don't trade. Unless you were expecting to be topping leaderboards there's no difference between "SSF League" and just "not partying or trading".
Solution is a separated server for those who wanna trade in AH.

The reason why you have to add ah is simple. Not everbody have enough time to build out every build what they wanna. Why they cant build them out? Because you nerf things at every 3-4 months! You nerfed not only build plan what i want to try out and you feel no shame about it. And then i told nothing from the current paintrading yet.

For those who come up always with D3. In D3 were not only a simple AH like in the most games. D3 had 2 part of AH 1 with ingame currency and 1 for Real Money Trade. What ruined the game was the legal RMT not the AH. Why? Because hackers/boters and the chinese handfarming corporations didnt left out this chance.
"
On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for. You can search broadly by a specific item class or type, but have to look through a lot of search results to find the one you want to make an offer on. This system intentionally makes the search process harder and the trade process easier, for quite a different trade experience. We're not planning to bring it to the international PC version of Path of Exile.

I think I want this on PC. I'm going to d/l POE on my xbox and check it out. It sounds a lot like the player shops in PSO2. If so, OMG I want it.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
It's horrifying how disconnected you (GGG) are with the actual experience of your game. Easy and Hard are not adjectives that should describe executing a trade. If there's anything Hard about trading it's knowing how to value the mods of an item, and knowing what direction in price those mods will tend towards in the future.

But I'm glad to know you enjoy dicking over people that do actually find a good item and are probably forced to sell it way under value to actually get something out of it because they have limited time to be on. Seems very counter intuitive compared with all the newb friendly balance aspects in every other area.

The above is one of the bigger reasons my brother gets fed up and never plays more than a week or two each league. I have plenty of success trading, have to do something to counter all the horrible rng and drop rates, but overall the reasons you've used to justify a Bad (correct adj) trading system would have more or less opposite results than the ones you stated.
Last edited by theD4nk0wl on Apr 25, 2018, 12:11:17 PM
If you only have a few hours to spend playing video games i'd say you gotta go play something different, something that you can actually enjoy.

This game is clearly not designed for the casual 2-hour-per-week playtime tipe of player, nor it will ever be.

There's always going to be an advantage to those who go full no-life the first week or those who spend most of the time looking at poe.trade playing with the economy.

So you either need 2 play more hours, or mby a few hours but more efficiently. Then you wont have any problems with the trade system or how to progress through the game.
20-30 hours a week is not really enough to play the game as designed either... that's why the forum here is populated by 4chan social recluse types.
"
There's always going to be an advantage to those who go full no-life the first week or those who spend most of the time looking at poe.trade playing with the economy.

This is the main part of your reply. But the problem is GGG is designing and nerfing everything to make it a game for those relatively few players. But those will gather enough wealth to buy top gear anyway. So whatever GGG will think off, it doesn't work as that group will always beat content fast.

The game works fine as a casual player with just a few hours a week. I usually get just into mapping in a league. I've skipped this league as I haven't had much time in the first weeks and find it has no use ending in Chapter 6 or 7.
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
Certain items like maps should be available at in game vendors.
"
st0rmie wrote:
"
Nikuksis wrote:
I like the idea of SSF, but i cant use it since i playing with my wife in party.

If there will be some party-self-found it could be awesome.

Just play non-SSF, party with your wife and nobody else, and don't trade. Unless you were expecting to be topping leaderboards there's no difference between "SSF League" and just "not partying or trading".

This is essentially the same as saying "if you want permadeath, just delete your character after death", or "if you want more challenge, just play a suboptimal build". Such ideas don't work. Most people will use every advantage current mechanics gives them even if they don't like those mechanics exist in the first place. I wouldn't be able to "simulate" SSF this way because after many days of grinding for terminus est i need i'd say "screw that i'll use poetrade just this once".
I agree with the baseline of this post, it is true that instant trading would either make the game too easy if currency drops were frequent enough or an unpleasant chore for anyone with bad currency-Rng-luck who doesn't trade a lot (if Mobs and drops are balanced around trading for gear the way there are atm)

However i think there's one big but solveable Issue with the way GGG handles trading right now:
Trading isn't made non-instant by making it "harder" to access, nor by making the actual trades take some time of effort.

Trade is currenty 'slowed' by being annoying, needlessly obfuscated, 'dangerous' for new players(see the ScamSpamBot ingame Channel labeled 'trade channel') un-fun and generally something very few players look forward to be spending time with.

From my experiences of trying to get friends into this game, the way trading is implemented at the moment is a way of making people more likely to quit the game.
- it's actually a huge compliment to all other parts of this game to keep playing despite being forced to slog through trading on almost every build if you want to reach the endgame before a League ends.

Theese three are in my Opinion the biggest contributors to the fact that many players dread trading:

1. Don't make economic Information about items something new players take a long time to find - Something like poe.xyz <ingame> could've saved one of my friends from quitting the game due to finding out he gave away the most expensive item he ever found to some liar.

2. Pricefixing is the easiest Trade-scam and the one that makes trading a dreadful annoyance for many, many players. This has to be prevented, but the current system heavily encourages this.

3. Playing the game isn't more rewarding than trading, but you're forced to trade a lot if you want to shape your Endgame to be more rewarding.
Buying maps and Chisels all day instead of playing OR being forced to faceroll trivially easy content seems like a punishment, not something you'd expect to get for building your strongest Character.

=============================================================
But there's a solution:

What about an ingame System that doesn't give you the items you want instantly, but still lets you finish the action of trading and resume playing the actual game instantly?

What if it even rewarded you for playing the game if e.g. killing certain things or solving a lab-like gauntlet/puzzle would make your ordered items arrive faster?

I'd really love to see some sort of "Trading Routes"-Expansion,
- items could be bought/sold without scrolling through pages of pricefixers and afks

- items traded are instantly removed from Stash, but the items you get from the other
participant of the Trade don't arrive instantly, but after a delay (which could even be
based an an items worth, rarity, and/or item type)

- reward Players for playing the game: fulfilling certain objectives can reduce the delay.
There are multiple options to implement this;
1. a new Master who gives you Missions to secure Trade Routes.
Theese missions could be a lot more dangerous if the Item you want to arrive faster is
Expensive/rare.
2. Areas on the atlas where completing Maps reduces the delay of certain trades - either
based on itemtype - e.g. Steel Rings arrive faster when clearing Maps that can drop them
3. Currency sink - Spend some Chaos to get the item faster
4. combining Leagues of the past with Trade routes: e.g. a Prophecy that reduces the delay
for your next Trade or a Strongbox that can instantly drop one of the items on your
trade Routes

- If Trading needs to be made less 'easy' still, you could even give Trade routes the Sextant
treatment and Limit the Amount of item deliviers towards a player (with the option of
unlocking more Trade routes by achieving Goals like Bosskills or UberLab)

Any thoughts, additions, etc about this idea?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info