Trade Manifesto

"
We're not planning to bring it to the international PC version of Path of Exile.

Oh no
"
MoiJF wrote:
I know this is an old post, but I may have a suggestion which is somewhere in the middle ground. It would be easy to add an NPC in the hideout (or even another option in the stash) which would contain the premium public stash tabs from the owner of the hideout. If the owner put a price on the item in there, anyone visiting (let's say after looking on poe.trade or GGG trade website) could buy the item as if it was from a vendor. See here, I even keep the incentive to buy premium tab!

That way you don't remove the need to go on another website, still slowing down the bots, but at least you remove the problem from the people in instance/DND/AFK/not responding (hell, maybe even allowing trade with people not even online, if rules for entering hideout change a little) or even the price fixer, as anyone can just come in and buy the item if the price is too low.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement, but for me it would work with the same system we are having now, but greatly reduce the frustration we see on this thread (and in game). At the same point, it would add a reason to make your hideout prettier :D

Anyway, sorry for my bad English, it is not my first language, but I do hope this post was understandable!

It was understandable, it makes sense, and it won't happen. GGG wants to protect the 1%, as stated in this manifesto and the new league comments.

It's annoying but I'll still play as one of the unwashed masses. :)
"
spawnas wrote:
If you could buy items without player to player interaction, then bots could instantly buy and repost items to control the market prices. Its already happening now, but its much, much slower.

Price fixing at the bottom end will be gone. People can't just post items at low prices without the intention to sell.

And bots... well, shouldn't be that difficult to weed out bots. They could just put limits on buys/trades, but hey, that will piss off the top 10% that are trading a lot and for whom this whole game was built!
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
A good game got a trade system even if is a simple one and not this poor research on a poor internet page. Arguments of GGG are really poor and prove another time that they do not even play the game. Try to buy a 2 chaos item when the league has started 1 month ago. 20 whisps or more are needed for getting such an item, that sucks. Most of the time, we are not looking at items that cost 20+ exalts, we are just wasting our time to whisp a ton of guys to get something.

At least integrate what is on the net into the core game, for us to be able to make direct research into the game and allow a system that force people to sell. When an item is for sale at an exact price, people can buy it and that's it and not waiting for the guy to be connected one day or may be never.
Last edited by Gryzorrr on Feb 26, 2018, 11:34:45 AM
"
j33bus wrote:
Are there still plans to implement a cross instance trade option so you can trade while inside the labyrinth?

Consider this suggestion, GGG
That doesnt break your rules: online player and trade player to player, it will just not be players on the same zone

Situation:

You run in a lab and get a trade message, you click *trade*, appears trade section, you click *claim an item* ( the message has the info about item location, which tab and what position ) and item from your stash appears in your trade section ready to trade. So you dont have to seach your stash for it and you dont have to come to sellers zone. So convinient
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
I don't think I need to argue anything everything has been said by other players.

Just make an auction house already, base the next leagues around it and then implement it in the game when they do finish.

No one is using your trade tool and no one will because it's so bad compared to poe.trade.
What you want trade to be is obviously not what the community that actually play the game wants it to be.

You will never make players use your trade tool instead of poe.trade, stop trying to improve the API or I don't know what it's useless, just use that time to code an auction house or someway to trade ingame just like you can in poe.trade (because if it's worse than poe.trade people will just stay on poe.trade, you know : logic).

If it was not for poe.trade I wouldn't even be playing anymore, your currency system is good but your loot system is just shit.

I have not one looted item in my inventory that I use endgame, not even one and I played for something like 1000 hours.

Also after all this time playing I have only dropped 5 exalts or something like that, do you really think I'm gonna waste them crafting ?

You know what to do now do it.
Last edited by ne3zy on Feb 27, 2018, 4:05:09 PM
Create "trade-only" client version for trades

Make it very compact and disable move around any area (only hideout to hideout) moves and no load all content, only stash and tabs/items for trade.

This would be HUGE trade help!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
If you are trying to upgrade your gear through playing instead of trading you are simply doing it wrong. You will never be able to play long enough or kill enough to actually get the gear to achieve a strong build in a league.

If you are new and are trying to do it yourself, you will fail. Path of Exile is Path of (horrible)Trade.
I really like you Chris, but you obviously never attended even Econ 101.
"
Chached wrote:
If you are trying to upgrade your gear through playing instead of trading you are simply doing it wrong. You will never be able to play long enough or kill enough to actually get the gear to achieve a strong build in a league.

If you are new and are trying to do it yourself, you will fail. Path of Exile is Path of (horrible)Trade.

But isn´t this a terrible situation for us and the developers? ARPG´s were always about finding your loot, that´s why Blizzard removed the AH. They wanted us to find gear again instead of trading, but somehow, GGG did not get the message and still believes in an ARPG that you can only play if you trade. :(

The moment when you find a nice item is important, I still know how I found my first Tal armor at D2, it was a big day for me. Or my first BER rune at CS, it´s those things that drive you forward, therefore GGG should really think about removing trading and adjusting the drop rates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info