Lies & Harbinger Interest Stat Breakdown

Wow, GGG. Didn't know you were resorting to lies about players showing interest.

So, this thread was made here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025619/page/1

They claim that Harbinger league was the most interested league they made and want to impliment it into the Standard League.

Welp, sorry boys and girls. Their numbers don't back their claims. And I used their own graph to prove it.

As you read, they want to count the 60% of players that only played for only 10 minutes, as part of them saying there was interest. However their own graph chart during the Harbinger Dreakdown, showed that more then half the entire community showed no interest, or have only participated from either 10 minutes to about 2 weeks before said players quit.

Harbinger was the 2nd worst league actually, with Prophecy in 1st place compared to both Breakdown Charts.

My question is: Why are they lying to us, saying this has the most interest? What is to gain?

Easy. Means they can ease the minds of the players who say there isn't enough to do in Path of Exile anymore. But more importantly, to try and bring Veteran Players, Streamers, etc back into the mix to spread good words to friends, family and other audiences in a large scale. Streamers especially are good at making small games become popular; be it through LiveStream or Twitch.

Lying to us statistically, saying Harbinger is the best, over glorifies it enough to raise eye brows. Especially with the chart they showed during Harbinger Breakdown.

Even now, more players are saying its bad then good throughout the forums. And GGG just won't listen.

Now the next question is: What can we do?

Nothing.

It's another "H1Z1: Just Survive" situation, where they now only care about themselves then the actual community.

GGG used to be good at listening, but now their ears are clogged with money and views.

Will Path of Exile start to go downhill like H1Z1 did when they got greedy and stopped listening? Who knows, maybe not.

But never forget, the future is never predicted until it happens unexpectedly; and it will be to late to change their fate.

I have voiced and said my peace, so now I sit and wait.

Last edited by raysuko on Nov 2, 2017, 1:22:39 AM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2017, 9:35:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While i didn't enjoy harginger league, and was one of those who stopped playing at the 1 month range, your thread is a complete misrepresentation.

You base it all on them claiming

"They claim that Harbinger league was the most interested league they made and want to impliment it into the Standard League."

in the thread you linked. No where in that thread did they make anything close to that claim. Not once.

The only thing close is

"Harbinger was released alongside 3.0.0 and was played by more people than any league we have made before. "

and is a very true and clear statement. You could make the observation that it was played by more people, not because of harbinger league, but rather because of the sweeping changes in 3.0 including the removal of 3 difficulties and expanding to 10 acts.

But the rest of the thread is justifying what they want to bring over....and what were NOT things that added to the game and would therefore be left behind.

With this purely fabricated claim in your original post....you unleash your saltiness.

I also didn't like harbinger, and will be glad to see it go. But come on man, there is enough legitimate things to bring attention to, you don't need to make stuff up.

@BloodBaneBoneBreaker

As you said, you disliked it. There for showing disinterest.

If it was as legitimate as you say, where are their numbers? They didn't hide anything during Harbinger Breakdown, so why hide it now?

Until we see real numbers, it's all claims. And the only numbers up to date is October's Breakdown Chart.

Salt, you say? No, cause I knew better just like the rest of the 60%.
Last edited by raysuko on Nov 2, 2017, 1:44:24 AM
http://steamcharts.com/app/238960

i know its just steam numbers, but its a 400% increase on the release month of 3.0, almost a 50% increase of the second largest burst of players and even now when the numbers have dwindled down to 25% of the august peak, it is still higher twice as high as any other "end of league" time period.

Yes steam users are not everyone, but it would be fair to assume that the standalone users would have a similar correlation.

These numbers are not a secret...and back up the statement they said very clearly.

"
raysuko wrote:

Math... you are doing it wrong.

Do you realize that the sum of the numbers in that graph from '2' to '40' is 100%? Adding up the percentages of the players who completed specific numbers of challenges makes no sense whatsoever. Those numbers include each other. And they do not represent 'showing interest' at all.

Completing 1 challenge already takes more than 10 min for anybody except experienced racers (and those people don't stop after 10 min either way). Therefore, all 100% of the players included in that graph have played long enough to 'show interest' by your standard.

GGG did not provide any statistics for the percentage of PoE players or accounts that participated in the Harbinger league. Your conclusions are completely baseless.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 2, 2017, 2:00:16 AM
I suspect you also have no idea what that graph is actually saying
@BloodBaneBoneBreaker

These are only steam numbers.

Yes, there is a spike. And with that spike I was also apart of it in showing "initial interest". But that doesn't mean it was solely for Harbinger League, and could mean any number of personal player interests.

Players rates in this chart are stable as of Harbinger release with 3.0.0, however on Harbinger's Breakdown it showed Harbinger Population plummet fast and quickly, showing just how interested people really were. Definitive, if you will.
"
raysuko wrote:
it showed Harbinger Population plummet fast and quickly, showing just how interested people really were. Definitive, if you will.

This chart is not population over time! It's the breakdown of challenges completed. The challenges don't take linear amounts of time to complete. You cannot draw ANY conclusions about player interest from this chart.

OP, your profile indicates that you have not participated in any of the recent leagues. I think you simply don't understand how the leagues and challenges work.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 2, 2017, 2:09:54 AM
@raysuko

You use that word "Interested", and it only was there because you claimed the following.

"They claim that Harbinger league was the most interested league they made and want to impliment it into the Standard League."

And I am saying they never made that claim. The thread you posted, saying where the claim could be found from your own initial post

"https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025619/page/1"

We can all read that post...nowhere did they make this claim. You're whole thread is based on a statement you made up.

what they DID say was.

"Harbinger was released alongside 3.0.0 and was played by more people than any league we have made before. "

And that claim was substantiated by the link i provided. And i do concede it is only steam numbers, but it is a valid indicator on what way the non steam numbers went. (and one could also assume that the standard/league ratio would be similiar to past spikes on league/patch release)

At the very least, much more relevant than the statement that you made up.

Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Nov 2, 2017, 2:15:53 AM
They said "played by". If someone played it 10 minutes then they played it. So even if your graph showed this it wouldn't matter. Played by simply means they made a character in a league and played it that is it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info