Act 8 could use something extra/improvements (+ actual ideas)

[SPOILERS, IN CASE ANYONE CARES]

I actually really like the way Act 8 feels actually like a less grim variation on Act 3 (rebuilt Lunaris Temple <3 can I move in there?), but the progression and especially the buildup (or rather, almost lack of it) towards the final Solaris & Lunaris fight is really underwhelming.

The Solaris and Lunaris fight pretty much just starts out of nowhere (walk in, put in the orbs, bam, fight begins), I thought it's just a "calm before the storm" kind of thing and some REALLY bad guy is going to show up afterwards - you know, like in Act 5 it seems it should be all over after Avarius, but it's actually just the real beginning.

"Exit to Act 9 is now open"... wat?

Basically, what the act needs in my opinion:
- some additional mission in the middle - some really bad guy/minor god that would keep things intense on the way to the final boss fight. After beating Doedre, in 3/4 of the locations hardly anything happens. Dawn and Dusk are hardly fascinating enemies (who are they even?), Titucius and Yugul are interesting fights, but... that's really not much for a whole act.
- some proper buildup to the final fight, and actual reasons why we need to kill them. PoE was always really good at showing clearly why the final boss is an a*hole. In this case, all we know is that well, they fight each other and because of their fanatical followers, everyone else may have a bad time. But it feels really underwhelming, especially compared to how intense Act 6 and 7 feels, where it's more of "this time it's personal" (not to mention acts 4 and 5).

So, actual ideas:
1) Yeah, the first one: some additional minor boss on the way would really help the flow of the act, in my opinion, especially on The Imperial Fields side of the map. Clarissa is completely quiet after the Tolman quest is over, maybe she could have one more mission? Find her something to be less sad? (A "hug Clarissa" feature would also be highly welcome, please.)
2) The Solaris/Lunaris Concourse and The Harbour Bridge locations feel really underwhelming (even though the idea of being in the middle of a battle is awesome), and it seems you can literally skip one of the sides without missing anything. Shouldn't there be something extra to do to actually reach the final fight? Or, something new and more fun: some optional "power up" that you can find in each "Concourse" to weaken one of the goddesses, similarly to the Reliquiary items in the Labyrinth? Would be great for newer players wanting to explore everything, speed clearers could just rush straight into the boss fight.
3) Give some actual reasons to be worried and want them dead. For something different than "the boss kidnapped/killed your friend", how about taking the "messing with light/day" thing from Vaal Oversoul a step further? Sudden, semi-random changes between night and broad daylight? Maybe even some extra Lunaris/Solaris-summoned spirits popping up?

Would be great to hear some more opinions and input on this one. :)
Last bumped on Nov 2, 2017, 9:44:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Um. Anyone, anything?

(Also. Where the hell is Grigor?)
"
TheLiberation wrote:
(Also. Where the hell is Grigor?)

If you talk to the NPCs, they will tell you where he is. If you are too lazy:

Spoiler
He decided "to heck with this", his life sucked too much, so he was gonna go out and either find a cure, or die in the process.
I read and listen to everything :P the thing is, none of the NPCs actually know. I thought he would actually show up later in a less or more horrible way, maybe even in act 9 or 10 as a surprise, but nah.

Could be potential for an additional important quest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info