Question; Damage conversion and life leech

Hey all,

I was wondering if the amount life leeched is reduced when I use something that converts physical to elemental damage since life leech nodes explicitly tell that it scales of physical damage.
So when I use frost blade (converts 50ish % of physical to cold damage) will I only life leech for the amount that isn't converted or do the events trigger in a more beneficial order for me?

Thanks.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2017, 6:33:41 AM
Leech is always based on the damage the enemy takes (both in type and magnitude). If you convert away from physical damage, you will also lose a portion of the damage your physical leech would act upon.

Note that, for attacks at least, there are a few sources of generic 'attack damage leeched as life/mana', for which it doesn't matter what type of damage you deal or what you convert to. These are located in the claw wheel to the right of the shadow, the leech wheel in the lower right duelist area, and there's a mana-only cluster in the ranger area opposite her sword wheel.
Last edited by Shppy on Oct 20, 2017, 4:29:33 PM
Once you converted out of physical, you can no longer gain from physical leech. Nonetheless there are still plenty of options for attack builds. The ones who are in real trouble are the spellcasters if they don't choose the berserker ascendancy. 40% curse effectiveness against bosses meant they can't properly leech off bosses with Warlord's Mark. Using Life Leech gem also doesn't solve the mana problem on the other hand.
Allright thanks guys. Maybe I can make it work and if not I ditch the frost as main damage dealer. I'll be looking at alternatives to frost blades. I really liked the leech+frost theme but i'll find something else to play with, maybe blind + leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info