Need help finding a list of "On Hit" skills and effects

Is there a list of skills and effects which "Hit"? (i.e. "On Hit" in "Curse on Hit")?

Which Skill Gems Hit?
Which Labyrinth Mods Hit?
What other effects Hit?

Alternately, an exclusion list of things which do NOT hit.

After playing this game for a couple of years, I'm still confused about what skills and effects "Hit" and which ones don't. The Gamepedia definition is very ambiguous:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hit

"
The term hit refers to a strike dealt by an attacker to a target, which usually causes damage.

For example (Skills / Curse On Hit):
- Does the Whirling Vortex created by "Vortex" capable of cursing-on-hit, or just the initial explosion?
- Can the Ground Ice created by Arctic Breath apply Curses on Hit?
- Do the pulses from Frost Bomb apply Curse on Hits? the explosion? both?
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2017, 4:32:01 PM
hit:

* attack damage (weapon damage)
* spell damage
* secondary damage (spells that have "cast" keyword, or things whose damage comes from secondary source like corpse max life or a secondary effect on attacks whose damage comes from gem level (explosive arrow))

does not hit:

* damage over time
* things that only apply a debuff like contagion, herald of ash or curses
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I'm actually looking for a specific list of exactly which skills and effects "hit" or not. There are exceptions to the general guidelines you posted above.

For instance:

- Herald of Ash is a spell but does not hit.
- Scorching Ray is a spell but does not hit.

Through experimentation, I found that the Warcry "Abyssal Cry" does hit (it can apply Curse on Hit), but neither "Enduring Cry" or "Rallying Cry" do (cannot apply Curse on Hit). Note that none of the Warcries are Spells or Attacks.

Furthermore, some but not all of the Labyrinth mods are capable of sustaining "On Hit" effects. For example, "Commandment of Reflection" benefits from "Thief's Torment".

It's easier to view a binary list (Yes/No) of On-Hit Skills and Effects than to list all of the exceptions to the "rules".
I dont know about any lists or exceptions.

I was talking about "spell damage" for a reason. spell damage is one of the four mutually exclusive damage types (others are attacks, DoT, and secondary damage)

Spells can do many things, deal spell damage, DoT or secondary damage, activate a buff, apply debuff on enemy, summon a minion..

It is actually very easy to recognize what things hit. Its simply everything that can deal damage and is not Damage over Time.

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
It is actually very easy to recognize what things hit. Its simply everything that can deal damage and is not Damage over Time.

That's the best definition of "On Hit" I've seen yet. Your simple rule even covers "Abyssal Cry" which causes damage but though it has duration, is not a DOT. Your wording is certainly better than the confusing definition shown in Gamepedia:

"
The term hit refers to a strike dealt by an attacker to a target, which usually causes damage.

Thank you for the clarification.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info