Does Maim Suffix On Yuriel's Fostering Work Like Maim Support

So, I was looking on poe wiki and it says that "Maim" is a movement speed debuff that applies via projectiles from attack skills. Then it says that "Maim Support" buffs your physical damage and enemies hit by your attacks take X% more physical damage.
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2017, 7:47:39 PM
Maim is just the movement speed debuff. The support gem has other effects in addition to maiming enemies.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Maim, the debuff, is just exactly what the wiki said - a movement speed debuff. It doesn't do anything else.

Maim Support inflicts Maim. It also has the effect of inflicting a damage-taken debuff on enemies which are Maimed by the skill Maim Support is supporting. The Maim effect does not affect damage taken/dealt in any way, that is purely a function of the support gem.

Now. Combining Yriel's Fostering with a Maim Support gem means that the Maim Support's 30% chance to Maim and the Fostering's 20% chance to Maim add up to a 50% chance to Maim with the supported skill. The skill supported by Maim Support doesn't care where the source of its Maim chance comes from - as long as this skill is the one Maiming foes, then the damage debuff is also applied. This also applies to Maims from other effects, like the Assassin's Toxic Delivery.

A skill supported by Maim Support can increase physical damage taken when it Maims, no matter where that Maim came from on your gear/build. If a skill Maims, but is not linked to Maim Support, it cannot inflict Maim Support's debuff no matter what else you're doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info