3.0.2b Patch Notes

"
Desecrate now chooses corpses from the monsters in the current area and any Spectres that existed in the instance.

This fix alone causes a bug with flickering text for non-5:4 monitor resolutions (mainly with flasks.)
Finally ! Now we can properly play with spectres.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
So if I bring lvl 70 spectre in lvl 80 map and spam desecrate, will I get level 70 corpses of my spectres or lvl 80, or lvl 100 maybe?

Considered that both desecrate and raise spectre skill gems are lvl 20 (can raise spectres up to level 100).
GOOD stuff yay! <3
Life will be technically better Soon TM
The level of your Spectre depends on the level of the corpse you raised it from. The corpse level is always equal to the level of the zone unless your Desecrate gem is too low level and cannot raise a corpse of that level.

The Desecrate gem at level 19 or 20 can raise corpses up to level 100, that doesn't mean it actually spawns corpses at level 100. It simply means that if there were level 100 zones in the game, you could raise those corpses at level 100. But those don't exist. The highest level corpse you can make in the game right now is in the Shaper's Realm which is a T17 zone (mob level 84).

So to get your Spectre do the following:

1. Go to the zone in the regular Acts (for example Act.8) where the mob is known to spawn
2. Spam Desecrate until you find the corpse you need (press and hold "A" to enable corpse targeting)
3. Raise the Spectre from that corpse
4. Go to a high level map (try to get at least a T11 map, preferably T15+ for high damage and survivability)
5. Since you have the Spectre mob already with you, the game will automatically include that mob into the mob pool of that map
6. Spam Desecrate in this map until you find the corpse you need
7. Raise the corpse again (thus replacing your low level Spectre you got in the acts)
8. You now have a high level Spectre

Always make sure your Desecrate gem is high enough level. You cannot raise a level 84 corpse from the Shaper's Realm for example if your Desecrate only allows corpses up to level 75 or something.

If you don't have a high level Desecrate at hand (level 19 / level 20), another way to get it is to use +level to gems items. For example a Voideye ring gives +5 levels to socketed gems. Any such item will do, including linking it with a high level Empower.

Desecrate is a "Chaos" gem. So any wand, staff, weapon, shield with +2 to level of Chaos gems can be used to boost its level. You need at least level 19 Desecrate to get corpses above level 75.
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on Oct 18, 2017, 9:41:48 PM
QueenTakesKnight, thanks for the reply.
Any summoners tested yet? I'm still getting patch. Just finished dinner.
Censored.
great job as always guys
IT WORKS!

Thank you!
Censored.
"

Always make sure your Desecrate gem is high enough level. You cannot raise a level 84 corpse from the Shaper's Realm for example if your Desecrate only allows corpses up to level 75 or something.

If you don't have a high level Desecrate at hand (level 19 / level 20), another way to get it is to use +level to gems items. For example a Voideye ring gives +5 levels to socketed gems. Any such item will do, including linking it with a high level Empower.

Desecrate is a "Chaos" gem. So any wand, staff, weapon, shield with +2 to level of Chaos gems can be used to boost its level. You need at least level 19 Desecrate to get corpses above level 75.

I dont need this but very helpful for new players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info