[3.1] Viper Strike Champion - UberAtziri/Shaper/Guardians/Chayula/UberLab

Think you missed the memo but... double dipping is no longer thing. Like how shotgunning and snapshotting aren't things anymore.

Nowadays, your poison damage doesn't depend at all on your initial hits. The initial hit does its own damage, and your poison damage is your base damage scaled up with the applicable modifiers.

And actually, poison builds used to do WAY more damage than they do now. Your build back during 2.1 (when poison was first reworked) through 2.6 could probably have cleared at least 10 million dps with less investment.

Nice guide though, an interesting read.
Last edited by XNtrysyti on Oct 15, 2017, 5:29:58 AM
"
nomnaut wrote:
This is a very well designed guide. Though I just started, it hits all the sections I tend to look for first: Ascendency order, bandits, etc.

It's a build I can't try yet because I'm horrible with boss positioning, as I have no clue which bosses do what, but I think it's a good start.

You should add a leveling section as well, like what your tree should look like at level 38, 60, 75, 85, 100, 123.

I was thinking about writing that but I forgot what I should take and do at which level or which act etc but so far it was pretty damn smooth without any problem at all that I could carry myself to the end, of course I used the recommended leveling unique gears. You pretty much follow the already written leveling guide there that you have to take RT straightly on the left side first etc.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
You really need RT? You're travelling a lot on Dex in your tree.
Just grab the Phys/chaos nodes in shadow start instead.

Yes, if I take out 4 points around the RT keystone and put them somewhere else like life nodes, having 84% hit chance isn't reliable to DPS (at 345 Dex). The same mindset that you would probably want at least 90% hit chance when you play a crit build at high level, you wouldn't want to spend big on good rings with T1 accuracy just to be able to spend the passive points on somewhere else 'better'. Getting 100% hit chance boosts your deeps big though, so comfortable that you want the poison to be delivered without missing on hit.

Give me a better skill tree in terms of both balancing offensive & defensive stats, you probably won't.

If the 6 nodes of "Physical & Chaos Damage" from Shadow's starting point you are talking about are taken, I just now entirely rebuilt the skill tree on Shadow's area ending up having still 300 Dex (40-45 less from the original skill tree) it results only giving you +10K DPS more with way too big HP loss because you neglect around 8 life nodes I passed by from travelling on Dex nodes from the main build's skill tree. This is why I don't take small nodes nearby to just enhance the deeps a little bit higher while having to travel a bit long to take a specific node which grants me more is worth doing. As I mentioned before on the leveling guide section, getting "Sleight of Hand" isn't actually necessary where you could spend the two points on the defensive stats.

It's really fine and common to think that I sort of 'wasted' big amount of Dex because I took RT and IR which are completely against Dexterity's main aspect (+accuracy & +evasion). Since you are Champion anyway, you are supposed to take direct physical damage with permanent Fortify buff and you mainly taunt enemy, getting IR on this occasion is pretty good. Some people might think that having Kaom's Roots for its Unwavering Stance because I took IR is good, yes the +max life 200 and probably some decent corrupted implicit but you have to give away one of your gems setup for this one.

"
bayuperdana wrote:
Nice guide, using abyssal cry with al dhih when leveling or even without it at higher level is quite fun for me, though i'm still hoping for it to cast automatically in some way.

Thanks for trying out the build, hopefully it's worth your time. I am also hoping for a "Cast on Hit" or any Cast on XXX gem particurally designed for the Warcry abilities.

"
XNtrysyti wrote:
Think you missed the memo but... double dipping is no longer thing. Like how shotgunning and snapshotting aren't things anymore.

Nowadays, your poison damage doesn't depend at all on your initial hits. The initial hit does its own damage, and your poison damage is your base damage scaled up with the applicable modifiers.

And actually, poison builds used to do WAY more damage than they do now. Your build back during 2.1 (when poison was first reworked) through 2.6 could probably have cleared at least 10 million dps with less investment.

Nice guide though, an interesting read.

I had actually no idea what I should title the guide so since the build plays around Chaos + Poison, I called it simply that because that's what I heard from other players such as Kripp and Mathil. EDIT: Alright so I just read on wiki that they removed the double dipping mechanics and changed it to ailments thing, gonna rewrite the title soon. Thanks for the reminder.

I have no idea too about the previous poison builds that were good at their times but I can imagine that they were played as a dedicated Shadows's Assasin with its poison/chaos nodes rather than being a Champion so maybe this build is kind of balancing both offensive and defensive stats for likely being able to do almost all contents PoE can offer. The two uniques and two support gems that are newly introduced on 3.0 which I am using right now on this build are meant to showcase here how good and available they can be.

"
dkerza wrote:
Yes, if I take out 4 points around the RT keystone and put them somewhere else like life nodes, having 84% hit chance isn't reliable to DPS (at 345 Dex).

I've played tons of melee builds with 85-90% to hit, apart from some shroud walkers (not really dangerous), I never seem to miss any attack.

On a crit build, you want high CTH because it is checked twice (to hit and to crit), but RT with a build located in right side, with so much dex and %acc, feels like a waste to me.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Neat build, thanks for posting it.
Bump.. just a little update regarding the build's viability on the new 3.1 patch. It gives a minor buff I would say!
Currently trying this out in ASC, works out amazing on bosses.
This build is like a hidden gem.
"
MarciPWN wrote:
Currently trying this out in ASC, works out amazing on bosses.
This build is like a hidden gem.

Glad to hear that you enjoying the league with this build, I just saw your char there :) I assume that there's a new Abyss jewel which can give Chaos damage to attacks or Claws that would make the char more stronger :)
Thoughts on going Gladiator for this build? I figure it'd be fairly easy to make some changes to get max (or near max) block and spell block, while having the option to whirling blade + fortify to have it up almost permanently anyway.
Got a 4:34 uber lab run https://www.pathofexile.com/labyrinth/Abyss/4/1515542400 today, without getting a portal to izaro(with portal, rank 1 seems viable).
Just equip a Perseverance, and an Attack Speed Gloves, use Blood Rage in every zone, and blast off with whirling blades!
can this build handle the hogm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info