[3.0] The Immortal Gladiator - Super Tanky Bulid For All Content, Updated with Uber Atziri Video

"
liamwpk wrote:
Great build guide. I can see myself trying this out next league. Although it depends as per usual on what GGG may do to shift things about. Could be the case that they poop on Gladiator.

Definitely covers all the bases. What are your thoughts on the ideal lab enchants for your gear?

I've written a bit on enchants in the gear section, but probably should have a separate section for them. For helm BF damage enchant is the ideal, but others like BF AoE, blood rage attack speed, increased damage with AW totem active, and arctic armor effect are also good.

For boots there are a lot of good options. Personally I would probably like the 8% spell dodge if you've taken spell damage recently enchant best, but others like attack speed if you've killed recently, avoid being stunned if you've killed recently, life/mana leech if you've killed recently, increased movement speed if you haven't been hit recently, and life/mana regen if you were hit recently are also top choices.

For gloves I would just stick with the implicit melee damage on spiked gloves since glove enchants generally aren't that useful.
"
kaancer wrote:
Trying out this build, can suggest this belt.

Yep, there are several good options for belt since it's non-core to the build. I like belt of the deceiver for the intimidate and reduced crit damage taken mods, but the magnate, a rare rustic/leather belt, or Perseverance (if you can keep a high uptime with fortify or if you're using cleave with the threshold jewel) can all work.
Is it best to reroll -block/armor map mod? Never played a max block character like this, so I'm not sure how crippling that mod is.
Last edited by poepoe091 on Oct 10, 2017, 11:50:11 AM
"
poepoe091 wrote:
Is it best to reroll -block/armor map mod? Never played a max block character like this, so I'm not sure how crippling that mod is.

That mod alone is not a deal-breaker, and how dangerous it is would depend on the specific map and other mods. For example in the video section the Hydra map was actually a -block/armor + vulnerability map, but Hydra just doesn't hit hard enough for it to matter. If on the other hand it was Chimera map with those mods it would have made his adds a lot more dangerous (Chimera himself still won't hit for much). If it's triple bad mods such as -block/armor + vulnerability + physical reflect I would probably just reroll since even if the map is doable, it's not worth the time/potential deaths.

In short, if -block is the only dangerous mod, then you'll barely notice any difference, but if there are other bad mods as well, their effects could start to stack up and make the map a lot more dangerous.
Last edited by Linxios on Oct 10, 2017, 1:47:01 PM
have you considered not being iron reflexes since that will add a fair amount of evasion to your defence. and stacking armor that high is very deminishing. im pretty shure you still got tons of armor without IR
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
have you considered not being iron reflexes since that will add a fair amount of evasion to your defence. and stacking armor that high is very deminishing. im pretty shure you still got tons of armor without IR

Dropping IR is definitely a viable choice for the build depending on the specific gear and playstyle. I have played around with it a bit. With my current setup it gives me ~40% evade chance at the cost of a bit over 10k armor. Theoretically it adds a lot to my ehp, just that I'm a bit concerned with the effect the armor loss will have against the biggest physical hits, like Minotaur's slam on a vulnerability map and shaper slam.
thinking on +1 curse the anvril amulet it add more block and then we can add enfable curse can be put in suronder curse on hit there is free reckoning)
Last edited by MruczekM77 on Oct 13, 2017, 8:28:32 AM
What about Kintsugi for a chest? Does it's gimmick work well with iron Reflexes?
How well does this Build work as 5L ? It looks interesting, and i am willing to spend my left currency on all the stuff but i can't afford the 6L Perfect Form for now. Getting till T15 would be okay for me.

Anyway great guide, a pleasant read!
"
Kruton wrote:
What about Kintsugi for a chest? Does it's gimmick work well with iron Reflexes?

The Perfect Form just adds so much to the build that I think, along with The Surrender, it's one of the two irreplaceable pieces. While Kintsugi is great for a lot of evasion/block builds, in this case it just doesn't provide as much mitigation as the Perfect Form.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info