[3.0] Assassin Cospri's Discharge | BOSSKILLER VARIANT | 1M Shaper damage PER CAST | 5M Shaper DPS

"
1. My build does way more damage. Like WAY more damage.

2. My build does not have mana issues while almost 2 APS more on Shield Charge.

3. My build can facetank Shaper beam due to Vinktar's. His leech from Atziri's Promise is insufficient.

4. My build is focused around bosskilling while his is focused around clearing (hence the Headhunter, Quicksilver and Dying Sun). However, his Shield Charge speed is still slower than mine, and he has mana issues due to the lack of Elreon rings (visible when he Shield Charges in his videos).

5. My build boasts higher crit chance while his does not, even though he uses Rat's Nest. It's because his build has higher resists and life through his rings.

All in all, his build is a very reliable clearing build, but honestly if you wanted a clearspeed Cospri's build, stick with Scion Ascendant with Assassin-Elementalist. Shadow Assassin is for bosskilling.

Well put, I'll try your build then :), will let you know how it is when I get the gear set up!
"
GGeeron wrote:
"

3. My build can facetank Shaper beam due to Vinktar's. His leech from Atziri's Promise is insufficient.

4. My build is focused around bosskilling while his is focused around clearing (hence the Headhunter, Quicksilver and Dying Sun). However, his Shield Charge speed is still slower than mine, and he has mana issues due to the lack of Elreon rings (visible when he Shield Charges in his videos).

5. My build boasts higher crit chance while his does not, even though he uses Rat's Nest. It's because his build has higher resists and life through his rings.

All in all, his build is a very reliable clearing build, but honestly if you wanted a clearspeed Cospri's build, stick with Scion Ascendant with Assassin-Elementalist. Shadow Assassin is for bosskilling.

Well put, I'll try your build then :), will let you know how it is when I get the gear set up!

Do keep in mind that if you're going to be clearing maps for a while more, you should prioritise life on gear and on the skill tree. You do not need that much damage to clear, which is why the build you linked me is popular - because it is effective in its main purpose although it pales in comparison to the damage this build does (because I generally farm Shaper with it). Also get Elreon rings, they are really important (unless you have a legacy Vinktar's but let's not rely on legacy items to make the build work).
Last edited by kaevix on Oct 9, 2017, 5:05:57 AM
"
kaevix wrote:
"
GGeeron wrote:
Hey, could you possibly elaborate on the differences between your build and this one? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008216

Want to give Assassin Cospri's a try but am having a hard time which build to look at

Just gonna point out some things, since I'm playing that build right now.

1. I can't agree or disagree with this one, since I haven't tried out both builds. But just going off of Path of Building yes your's does a lot more damage.

2. This one though, I don't have the least bit have mana issue with this build. I can sit in hideout just holding my shield charge for the LULZ without Elreon Rings for a good 10 seconds. And going off of Path of Building I have more APS on Shield Charge than you, with 5.90>5.75

3. Don't really have any say on this since I have yet to try Shaper with this build. But even with Atziri's Promise the Leech isn't that bad since his build runs Warlord's Mark.

4. Another one I have no say in, since I mostly just play this char for farming maps. And for the follow up opinion about clear speed, look @#2.

5. Comparing just without Assassin's Mark I'd say I have a higher crit chance with 7 power charges up at 95% even without Diamond Rings. The second one I can agree though, currently sitting at 100/132/112 and 5.5k Life.

Spoiler
I'm not at all trying to throw shade or dissing your build, just thought I'd give my opinion since I'm currently playing the build, considering some of the points you stated are incorrect.

At the end of the day everyone's going to have different results even if they're following a guide, since you can't possibly replicate the same stats on every gear possible that the guide has.

Now all of that aside, I'm kinda interested and going to try this build out since I've been wanting to do bosses with Cospri's Discharge like back in Legacy League.
Last edited by blindz02 on Oct 10, 2017, 12:59:26 AM
Another quick question, I noticed you don't have you resistances capped unless you have Wise Oak and Vinktar's up, does that every cause any issues when it comes to bosses with phases or any long boss fight in general? Or do you just slay them so fast that it's not a problem
"
blindz02 wrote:
"
kaevix wrote:
"
GGeeron wrote:
Hey, could you possibly elaborate on the differences between your build and this one? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008216

Want to give Assassin Cospri's a try but am having a hard time which build to look at

Just gonna point out some things, since I'm playing that build right now.

1. I can't agree or disagree with this one, since I haven't tried out both builds. But just going off of Path of Building yes your's does a lot more damage.

2. This one though, I don't have the least bit have mana issue with this build. I can sit in hideout just holding my shield charge for the LULZ without Elreon Rings for a good 10 seconds. And going off of Path of Building I have more APS on Shield Charge than you, with 5.90>5.75

3. Don't really have any say on this since I have yet to try Shaper with this build. But even with Atziri's Promise the Leech isn't that bad since his build runs Warlord's Mark.

4. Another one I have no say in, since I mostly just play this char for farming maps. And for the follow up opinion about clear speed, look @#2.

5. Comparing just without Assassin's Mark I'd say I have a higher crit chance with 7 power charges up at 95% even without Diamond Rings. The second one I can agree though, currently sitting at 100/132/112 and 5.5k Life.

Spoiler
I'm not at all trying to throw shade or dissing your build, just thought I'd give my opinion since I'm currently playing the build, considering some of the points you stated are incorrect.

At the end of the day everyone's going to have different results even if they're following a guide, since you can't possibly replicate the same stats on every gear possible that the guide has.

Now all of that aside, I'm kinda interested and going to try this build out since I've been wanting to do bosses with Cospri's Discharge like back in Legacy League.

Yes, I completely understand that this is not an attack whatsoever, just justification and I welcome that.

I base my statements off the Shaper clear he posted. His Shield Charge speed does not reflect the attack speed that he claims. Though, if people who do run his build can justify it, I am more than ready to retract my statement. Also I didn't take into account a Blasphemy'd Warlord's Mark so count me wrong on the mana insustainability point.

Yes definitely, I agree with your spoiler too.

"
GGeeron wrote:
Another quick question, I noticed you don't have you resistances capped unless you have Wise Oak and Vinktar's up, does that every cause any issues when it comes to bosses with phases or any long boss fight in general? Or do you just slay them so fast that it's not a problem

Pop RF and yes the bosses melt indefinitely.
Last edited by kaevix on Oct 10, 2017, 4:54:04 AM
Please post videos of some bossing and/or map clearing if/when you get the chance! It'd be much appreciated
You did state its a boss killing build yet u didn't post any video.

Would be nice to see it in action.
well were are the videos on killing shaper ? with no legacy gear ofc
any update on this for a life variant?
viable in 3.1?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info