3.0 Siege Ballista Assassin /Shaper viable/ +Budget gear options (still under work)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First try Shaper done!

Videos, lvling, tips etc. coming soon!

First try Shaper:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My builds:

Spoiler
3.0 Lacerate/Warchief totem Raider:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2002980

T16 Chimera: https://youtu.be/jbEWvMhrqIU?t=5m31s

Skill Tree:

LvL ~90 Tree with Lioneye's Fall jewel:

Lvl ~90 Tree without Lioneye's Fall jewel:

Ascendancy:

Bandits:

Spoiler
Help Alira

The gem setup:

5-6L: Frenzy > Pow. charge on crit. > Faster att. > Chain > Less. Mult. Proj. > Blind or dmg supp.
4L: Immortal call (lvl 3) > CWDT (lvl 2) > Inc. duration > Vaal Haste.
4L: Wrath > Herald of ice > Enlighten > Projectile weakness.
4L: Flame golem > Arctic armour > Blink arrow > Vaal Lightning trap.

Recommended equipment:

Mandatory! +Dex = more ballistas and more damage.

The defensive quiver option. Quivers needs +1 arrow corruption, if you can't afford it, then use Lesser mult. proj. support or Dying sun flask(expensive too). Drillneck is the best, but with implicit very expensive. The cheapest option is the Skirmish quiver:

If you can"t afford a quiver with an extra arrow implicit, then use this jewel for mapping!
Try to buy one, with low (under 33%) reducated totem damage.

+Ballista placement speed is mandatory enchant! For helmet also good a rare with +Dex +Life.

The important stat on this item is the %increased dexterity! at least 9-10%
Cheapest option is: "Briskwrap Strapped Leather".

Mandatory! Need 800 Dexterity for 5 Ballista!

+Dexterity +Life +Resist. Bonus stats: +Att. speed +Phys dmg +Flat ele. dmg. etc.

Just stack Dexterity and Life on your rare items. The Dexterity goal is 800!
If you can afford, then Opal rings are the best choice.

My flask setup.

Rare jewels:

Best:
-Life.
-Att. speed.
-Totem dmg.
-Projectile damage
-Dexterity (just if you can't reach 800 with your gear)

Good:
-Increased damage.
-Crit. multiplier.
-Crit. chance.

Ok:
-Increased Lightning dmg.
-Increased Cold dmg.

Last edited by iBrokenWings on Nov 13, 2017, 6:40:26 PM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2018, 3:56:34 AM
Fuck yes, I love when seemingly cheesy builds get made viable for endgame. I notice you have slower proj in your link setup, I'm assuming for general mapping you switch to something else like GMP? Looking forward to Shaper video!
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Fuck yes, I love when seemingly cheesy builds get made viable for endgame. I notice you have slower proj in your link setup, I'm assuming for general mapping you switch to something else like GMP? Looking forward to Shaper video!

Hello! One of my favorit abilities, i played in 2.6 a crit/poison Raider version with 5 ballistas. In 2.6 was Shaper viable too, but now much stronger. I need a few days for fine tuning, and end this build, between i work on my Lacerate build too. Slower projectile is changed. Check the gem setup and the edit notes. :) Still you can change Ice bite > Less./Greater Mult. Proj. for mapping if you need.
Last edited by iBrokenWings on Oct 2, 2017, 9:39:38 AM
I love Siege Ballista!!I love Siege Ballista!!I love Siege Ballista!!I love Siege Ballista!!

Waiting for your update!!!
PoB shows that.. 0.25M*5 (850Dex) not enough
"
hlhr724 wrote:
I love Siege Ballista!!I love Siege Ballista!!I love Siege Ballista!!I love Siege Ballista!!

Waiting for your update!!!

My first time Mino with this character on lvl 84. I died once, but the dps is okay, and still don't have uber-lab Ascendancy.With lvl 92 I calculated 0.3 x 5 damage unbuffed (just frenzy and power charges), and 4.2 x 5 with flask. + you have culling strike, increased damage on low life etc. I feel this build totally viable for Shaper/Guardians. I try to lvl up fast + upgrade gems and items, and i will record videos. :)

Hi,
Where you place the Lioneye's Fall jewel ?
Nice build i like this !
"
Spardaw wrote:
Hi,
Where you place the Lioneye's Fall jewel ?
Nice build i like this !

Thx!

Place the jewel under the claw nods on the right side. This grants you nice damage, + Life and mana leech with Frenzy. Your ballistas also get the life leech, so their sustain will be good. :)

Later i will update the guide with more informations, but now i am busy.
Last edited by iBrokenWings on Oct 4, 2017, 5:17:56 AM
I buy the best Gripped Gloves and opal ring allmost cost me 100ex

but Siege Ballista still cant clear map quickly...

feel so BAD now
"
hlhr724 wrote:
I buy the best Gripped Gloves and opal ring allmost cost me 100ex

but Siege Ballista still cant clear map quickly...

feel so BAD now

Then you did something really wrong. I don't have opal rings, and i clear everything. If you send me your character, then i can help you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info