Any post 3.0 Voltaxic build?

Yesterday i looked into one of my older characters, it is a lvl 81 Deadeye with Voltaxic and some other okayish gear. I am not very familiar with elemental bow build, and even back then when i created it i followed one of the guides here at forum. I wanted to try it because it was different than my previous, pretty standard, high crit/phys dmg Harbinger Raider build, and also the build was not expensive. Unlike the insane prices for a good Harbinger bow.

Anyway, the build was decent and i had fun with it but i stopped playing it mid league (i think it was Essence) because i did not have enough time. Now i am back to it and i want to level it to lvl 90+, get some new gear for it and generally have some fun with build that is relatively new and unknown to me.

But! My skill tree is reset, there are some new nodes, some of the old ones are reworked, poison got nerfed, we have some new support gems that i am not familiar with, old guide i was following is not longer viable and on top of it i could not find A SINGLE post 3.0 Voltaxic build!

So, now i am stuck with a reseted skill tree, having little to no experience with ele builds (even worse-ele dmg been reworked with a new ailments thing so now i really do not have idea what i am doing) and with a Voltaxic, which no one give a s*it anymore only because poison got nerfed and it can't do 274568782916752 dmg per hit anymore.

Now, i can just sell Voltaxic, and make one of the generic raider/pathfinder barrage builds but i really do not have a desire to do it. To be honest, this hole meta thing is going on my nerve, where everyone is making essentially ONE build (with variations) only because it can do 73456793012123 dps (like that is the only thing that matters) and ignoring everything else.

Any help, advice or even link to a build (if there is any and i missed it) would be greatly appreciated. Main skill can be any, since my skill tree is reset, also i can change Ascendancy class.
Gear can be any if it is not too expensive. Say, around 10ex for equipment, i already have 6l Voltaxic.

Only thing that i would not change is Voltaxic, i really want to try this bow with some interesting build. Damage and clearing speed is not that important, only that build is fun. That is the main reason i play games: fun. Not maxing out numbers. I have that enough in rl.

Thanks in advance.

Last bumped on Sep 29, 2017, 4:45:14 PM
im sure you can make it work. i personally have a tempest binding in harbinger league with lightning arrow hits 2 extra times enchant (uber lab) and i wanna make a build with it.

thing is, i think most builds pale in comparison to lioneyes right now. it has great dmg, 100% hit and now has 30% more dmg at range.

i imagine you can make voltaxic work, and i do want to make a build with one, but i haven't super looked into it yet. but the flat ele dmgs got buffed so added lightning is more powerful.

i'd probably play the build as a scion tho, honestly. assassin and deadeye or something in order to get some more crit and passives.
"
xMustard wrote:

thing is, i think most builds pale in comparison to lioneyes right now. it has great dmg, 100% hit and now has 30% more dmg at range.

Yes, i always liked Glare. I used it a lot, and remember it was an excellent bow, even without far shot.
I never understood why this bow was so underrated and cheap, when good roll LG is easily as god as 360 dps Harbinger if not better, yet 10 or 20 times cheaper. Yes, it does not have that high crit chance but when it does crit-it is a guaranteed crit and that thing fires like a machine gun so there are a lot of crits with it. Mana boost is nice too.

Then again, i also remember being one-shot on reflection quite a few times, but i still loved it and enjoyed it a lot.

I imagine now with far shot, it must be a beast.
You can slap it on any generic bow build and it will work decently if you ignore the poison aspect and use the chaos as a neat anti reflect perk and nothing more. Sadly it is beaten out by even things like the tempest in this case.

From what it sounds, you wan't the build to be based around voltaxic which is harder to due because its just not that good anymore after the conversion and poison nerfs and the introduced of yugul pantheon further reducing the need for reflect mitigation.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 29, 2017, 4:49:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info