[3.0] Doomfletch prism help

Hi all,
i'm seeking your experts' advice on my first scion. I've been following the video guide that Neversink did for this season (although adapting it for Standard - hence no Tempest binding at the moment).

This is my build at the moment (Dyanira)
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tyler1982/characters
I'll try to post a pastebin for PoB soon, as I don't have my pc close at the moment.

Clear speed at T6-T7 maps is smooth, but the bosses just take forever. I'm still missing the last 2 ascendancies (as of now i have elementalist and deadeye, will go raider path with the last 2 points) as Izaro is just oneshotting me every single time. Overall it feels like a bit of a glass cannon, which I understand it sorta should unless going Kaom's heart (which I am not planning at the moment, maybe after end of season when Tempest bindings will be available at a much lower price)

My biggest concern is that I not nearly have enough DPS to kill bosses, they take forever and most of the time I have to portal back to refill and I often die once per boss fight. I tried both the TS and LA/Barrage version, and I prefer the latter, I feel it is more flexible.

I understand my equip at the moment is far from optimal, and my flasks are not optimized. What should I improve first? Res are all capped (i would like to level them to use Wise Oak later on). I'm trying to understand where my barrage DPS is dramatically failing me, or what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Last bumped on Oct 8, 2017, 5:37:23 AM
dude, first of all.. why deadeye? O_o just why? respec it into raider. (farshot+pointblank=pcofcrap). also get uself ranger path before getting witch asc (simply don't run elereflect maps till u get uberasc). get uself jewels with life. it's not so hard to make one via alt/reg, try it out. cuz u know, getting jewel slots is worth only when u actually have good ones. otherwise u could just get more dmg/survivability nodes. lvling without manaleach node - bad idea. get the little one and replace mana flask w something useful.

and get rid of DEADEYE.

also, if on standart - u simply can run qotf. stack evasion/hp, flatphys/eledmg on your gear. and run 1 herald+grace+stibnite flask (since you using pointblank). but if u really want to play kaoms and have ~7k hp without losing your damage - u have to get 2nd prAism, simple enough.
Ey buddy
You are running gmp in your barrage single target setup, which doesnt help with single target at all, all it does is lower the dmg and add aoe, should swap the gmp for physical projectile attack damage, that should help your single target a lot. Removing a less modifier and adding a more :)
Last edited by Fumbleswing on Sep 25, 2017, 4:30:52 PM
"
You are running gmp in your barrage single target setup, which doesnt help with single target at all
he will fire less arrows. slightly more damage from each arrow, but overall gmp is better option if there's no +1 quiv +1/2 helm. jfyi
Thanks for the suggestions!
The deadeye ascendancy was already on its way out, but you confirmed my thoughts on that ^_-
Moved to raider, fixed a few passives and got the last ascendancy :)

I've also added some life on the jewels and on the gear, now the build looks like this, at roughly 6.5k Life and 200k barrage damage.
https://pastebin.com/vDdHisbC

I can easily run T13 maps, T14 and T15 not all (but I can facetank Kaom in Abyss so I guess it's ok), with the exception of the occasional oneshot by bosses
What I plan to do next is level gems to 20 (possibly vaaling), and run lab until I get the +1 or +2 enchant on the helm, but I'm not exactly sure on which items of the gear to upgrade first...quiver, ammy...?

Thanks!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info