Ranger Spec Throw Build Help

Hey guys,
Just recently I've been wanting to play a phys crit dagger Spectral Throw build and realized, there's not many build guides for one that's up to date.
I've not made many of my own builds as I like to play a build that's already mapped out, (I'm too lazy to make one lol).

So far I've made up a rough tree and wasn't sure if there's anything I could or should do to improve on it.
Vaal Pact wasn't taken as I plan to use Acuity's. I also plan to have PCoC in the 6 link Lioneye's Vision for Power charges, so I can use HoA instead of a CoH + HoI set up.

This is the tree so far, any help or improvements would be greatly appreciated!

Tree: http://poeurl.com/by9V
Last edited by Umbriel198 on Sep 22, 2017, 10:53:59 AM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2017, 3:58:36 AM
Hi
I would change multiple things and ended up with
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAP0ACSIAAHsABgHRAx4DhwW1DHMNjREvFfYWvxqNG60fQSP2JP0mlSzhMHEwfDY9N9Q6QkMxRwZHfkp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLVvVbJluvYeJieWKsZU1sCGyMcFJ1y3X9exR9dX3jf_uEb4d2idOMNo19jX6Nv46KlWaX0J2qoSKiQKOKrGav67GztMW1SLk-vTa-p8LsxKLNmNN-1CPUQth2227b592o51TqYutj7T_xivT4_MX-uv_e2sF07QUteu8uU9Nv7g4EsQBeGY7tgwgupn_tQZuNhNno1psmFqo90QV9elNh6896shkyARPaFUNl03FDrcKxAc9e2rEAAAAAAA==

If you want I can explain my decisionmaking.

Just some small points:
It's usually bad to skill power charges only for the crit chance even if you get them easily. Subsequently pcoc is probably a bad support gem, but that depends.

If you are mostly physical and don't go vaal pact you should be fine with blood rage and some small mana/life leech rolls, you don't need to invest actual points.
Hey there,
Thanks for the reply. I see the differences in the tree and they do look like a more solid option compared to what I came up with originally.
PCoC was only in my links as I don't have a reliable way of gaining power charges, seeing as I use HoA instead of HoI. I'd much rather have a gem like Maim or something in it instead, but using Lioneye's Vision as a 7 link seemed like I could get away without it.

Your point about vaal pact was quite intuitive, and it's good to know since I'd not even thought about it.

If you had any ideas on gem links that'd be great too.
At the moment I have Spec throw, Faster attacks, PPAD, GMP, PCoC and inc. crit damage.
I can't think of any other ways of generating power charges without changing my aura setup for Curse on Hit instead.

Either way, the advice is very appreciated, and the tree looks like it'll be the go-to since I don't mind losing a bit of DPS if the survival is ramped up in place of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info